Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Killroy67

CO-OP

65 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[U-W]
Players
169 posts

I have the feeling something has changed in CO-OP. All Battles are now done in almost 6 minuts. CO-OP not a commerciale succes for WG???? So make it a little boring to play??

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
3,888 posts
10,685 battles

Several of the missions at the moment are more efficiently done in Coop, so it may just be that some of the more competent players have migrated temporarily to the mode, meaning that it's likely that teams will beat the bots rather faster than sometimes...?

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,746 posts
13,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Killroy67 said:

I have the feeling something has changed in CO-OP. All Battles are now done in almost 6 minuts. CO-OP not a commerciale succes for WG???? So make it a little boring to play??

More skilled players play to finish missions.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,512 posts
Just now, Verblonde said:

Several of the missions at the moment are more efficiently done in Coop, so it may just be that some of the more competent players have migrated temporarily to the mode, meaning that it's likely that teams will beat the bots rather faster than sometimes...?

spot on

 

players have wised up for the directives 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,301 posts
4,177 battles
20 minutes ago, 631327334013 said:

spot on

 

players have wised up for the directives 

'Bout *EDITED* time really..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
65 posts
2,803 battles
39 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Several of the missions at the moment are more efficiently done in Coop, so it may just be that some of the more competent players have migrated temporarily to the mode, meaning that it's likely that teams will beat the bots rather faster than sometimes...?

Pretty much this, as someone who predominantly plays Co-op I have noticed that it seems to be a lot more players that seem to know how to play and play well. Personally I don't mind it all, faster games and better backup when yolo charging battleships in my Atlanta. :Smile_smile:

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,512 posts
Just now, lafeel said:

'Bout *EDITED* time really..

yes I suppose, I was the fool that stubbornly stuck with solo random while others where playing smart, your right lafeel.  :Smile_honoring:

 

:Smile_facepalm:

 

I still feel co-op tactically screws your game but hey ho business comes 1st.

 

Co-Op

 

image.png.b674085c0e273f96ad8e135ebe4b5880.png

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,301 posts
4,177 battles
1 minute ago, 631327334013 said:

yes I suppose, I was the fool that stubbornly stuck with solo random while others where playing smart, your right lafeel.  :Smile_honoring:

 

:Smile_facepalm:

 

I still feel co-op tactically screws your game but hey ho business comes 1st.

 

Co-Op

 

image.png.b674085c0e273f96ad8e135ebe4b5880.png

 

  

Not what I meant, I meant it's about time we get more competence than the usual "we don't need tactics, this is co op!" *EDITED*S..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
3,888 posts
10,685 battles
12 minutes ago, Caurinus said:

yolo charging battleships in my Atlanta.

Is there any other way to play an Atlanta?

 

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,512 posts
Just now, Verblonde said:

Is there any other way to play an Atlanta?

 

:Smile_honoring:

 

I am going to be honest here, I have been testing some tactical ideas, with french destroyers that may be of some value in Random / Competitive to early to comment on them right now but it is looking promising.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,712 posts
6,444 battles

WG haven't thought about this when designing "Directives"?????  :Shocked_Pikachu_Face:

 

The directives they chose are 75% of the time easier/better completed in Co-Op and the majority of the Player-base now knows this, so they're deserting PvP in huge numbers until their directives get completed and then return to PvP. This reduces the enjoyment that "Co-Op Mains" like myself have, reduces the enjoyment that PvP players have when they feel 'forced' to play low XP Co-Op instead of PvP to get the Directives done and this setup just isn't fun for anyone involved.

 

Will WG change anything - Nope, the spreadsheet says everything is A.OK yet bad decisions like this will force me to quit for another 6 months. Why play if the only mode I enjoy is ruined by WG's appalling management decisions.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,512 posts
11 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

This reduces the enjoyment that "Co-Op Mains" like myself have, reduces the enjoyment that PvP players have when they feel 'forced' to play low XP Co-Op instead of PvP to get the Directives done and this setup just isn't fun for anyone involved.

 

@IanH755

 

How does RTS players, playing co-op ruin your fun in co-op ?

 

:Smile_unsure:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
228 posts
7,852 battles
13 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

[....This reduces the enjoyment that "Co-Op Mains" like myself have...]

"Co-Op"; "Enjoyment"; does not compute :Smile_amazed:

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,712 posts
6,444 battles
2 minutes ago, 631327334013 said:

@IanH755

 

How does RTS players, playing co-op ruin your fun in co-op ?

 

:Smile_unsure:

 

Everyone gets 1 kill and the game ends in under 4 minutes with everyone getting <500 Base XP, thats not fun for anyone.

 

Just now, rage1750 said:

"Co-Op"; "Enjoyment"; does not compute :Smile_amazed:

 

Yeah, people enjoy different things, it happens!

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Players
537 posts
9,221 battles
3 hours ago, lafeel said:

 "we don't need tactics, this is co op!"

Hey, I always say that!

 

So I can employ sekrit taktiks myself while everyone dies :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,512 posts
4 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

 

Everyone gets 1 kill and the game ends in under 4 minutes with everyone getting <500 Base XP, thats not fun for anyone.

 

 

Yeah, people enjoy different things, it happens!

Roger that! 

 

However the state of Random right now is going to push more players to co-op to finish things off in the directives, research bureau, and the personal assignments for legendary modules,

 

Call it RTS Random Rehab   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,712 posts
6,444 battles
9 minutes ago, 631327334013 said:

However the state of Random right now is going to push more players to co-op to finish things off in the directives, research bureau, and the personal assignments for legendary modules,

 

Call it RTS Random Rehab   

 

Absolutely, I don't blame the players at all. If I still played PvP I'd also be using Co-Op too, it just makes sense to "cheat the system" if you can get things done quicker than in PvP. As an example, about 10+ months ago I created a thread here about the sudden rise in Co-Op players at higher tiers, where 12-15 months ago you might get 2-4 humans in a TX team, and yet now there is dozens in the TX queue, and it all links back to the introduction of these Directives and PvP players slowly starting to realise that Co-Op is the best way to do 75% of them like Ship Kills, Secondary hits, number of Wins etc.

 

It's WG I have a problem with, WG and their amazing decision making process which 'forces' so many PvP players to jump into an un-liked game mode because it's the "best" way to get so much stuff done.
 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,518 posts
9,668 battles

As has been posted in this thread co-op is usually the most efficient way to get some of the directives complete and they also tend to be fast.   They are low reward though which is OK because the risk does not seem to be in such games (which assumes that an AI BoT is not as good as a player - that is not always the case).

 

You get bad team mates in co-op just as you do in other games - the difference may be that they can have more of an impact on the team as there are less players to carry them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,305 posts
10,278 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

Not what I meant, I meant it's about time we get more competence than the usual "we don't need tactics, this is co op!" *EDITED*S..

But it's true! :fish_panic:

And I like it this way, there's literally all the other game modes for if one want something more challenging :Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,062 posts
16,560 battles

At weekends it makes sense to do as it's just too frustrating to play randoms,  at least in co op can get the daily missions done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,301 posts
4,177 battles
25 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

But it's true! :fish_panic:

And I like it this way, there's literally all the other game modes for if one want something more challenging :Smile_medal:

No it bloody well isn't! Spoken like someone who's not played mroe than a handfull of co op games.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,305 posts
10,278 battles
4 minutes ago, lafeel said:

No it bloody well isn't! Spoken like someone who's not played mroe than a handfull of co op games.

What do you mean? :Smile_amazed:

 

I'm speaking like someone who's played over 3k coop battles. But if my experience with coop battles is insignificant, then so is yours with barely more coop battles played :Smile-_tongue:

And I at least play the other modes as well so I got more to compare it with.

 

I'm sorry, but if you want more challenge, you are apparently not playing any randoms and there's also operations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,301 posts
4,177 battles
23 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

What do you mean? :Smile_amazed:

 

I mean if you have as many co op battles as you claim you do you should know full bloody well that "you don't need tactics in co op" is utter bulls***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,862 posts
29,362 battles
11 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I mean if you have as many co op battles as you claim you do you should know full bloody well that "you don't need tactics in co op" is utter bulls***

What tactics?? Bots go in a straight line. I'm probably one of those guys who ruin it for the other players taking the co-op battles more serious. Yolo in boom boom boom taking out 3 or 4 ships in the process. I very rarely die in co-op even yoloing in. Only ship class I play more carefully in co-op is cruisers, there you actually have to plan a little to remain alive.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×