You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cr4zySmurf

"Special Ships"

8 comments in this topic

[M_OB]
Players
13 posts
12,110 battles

Hi,

Please can someone explain the difference between a Special Ship and a Premium Ship.

As far as I can see some of my Premium Ships, in particular the high tier ones, have been changed to "Special Ships" (Salem, Bourgogne, Smolensk, etc.) As I understand it, Special ships are basically high tier standard ships, no longer receiving the extra income/benefits as a Premium ship?

I saw in the 0.8.9 announcement that there would be a new group "Special Ships" but it looked like it was specifically for temporary "borrowed" ships such as the ones for the Halloween events, mainly to help filter by ship type. I didn't expect my Premium ships to be re-classified as "Special Ships". I think this is unacceptable, some players may not have used their hard earned resources to get these ships if they knew they were going to be nerfed from Premium to Special.

Am I wrong in thinking these Special Ships are now just standard ships in disguise?

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
4 minutes ago, Cr4zySmurf said:

Am I wrong in thinking these Special Ships are now just standard ships in disguise?

Yes.

Their ingame stats and economy were not changed.

• Cool 1

[M_OB]
Players
13 posts
12,110 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes.

Their ingame stats and economy were not changed.

Thanks for the quick response. So what is the purpose of changing them? Why not leave them as Premium?

[NVDIA]
[NVDIA]
Players
1,061 posts
4,132 battles
Gerade eben, Cr4zySmurf sagte:

Why not leave them as Premium?

to differenciate them from premiums which gain income bonuses, so players don´t get confused, thinking they are taking a premium for a spin...

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
20 minutes ago, Cr4zySmurf said:

Thanks for the quick response. So what is the purpose of changing them? Why not leave them as Premium?

• They do not have an increased income modifier and that was not obvious before
  • Special ships can be modified anytime, same as silver ships

[M_OB]
Players
13 posts
12,110 battles

Okay, so basically the ships were never truly premium and nothing has changed other than the title Premium to Special.

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Cr4zySmurf said:

Okay, so basically the ships were never truly premium and nothing has changed other than the title Premium to Special.

Yes.

• Cool 1