Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Finnster

Hang on a minute...what happened to the gun/shell camera?

13 comments in this topic

Players
109 posts
17,789 battles

So the new patch removed the camera (button 2) which allowed you to follow your shells to help guide shots, aenhance immersion or when your dead simply watch other players’ shots so you troll them with Why You Firing HE? Learn to lead etc....

Instead they’ve removed the key binding and replaced them with sub controls.

Cant find an option to remind and the functionality seems to have vanished?

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,518 posts
9,693 battles

I was using 'z' earlier to see where some torps were going.   It's still working after the patch.  If 'z' doesn't work you may have assigned some other key.

[PAPAT]
Players
345 posts
13,030 battles

I'm disturbed by this too. It used to be 1-2 for shells (toggle) and 3 for torps (iirc). Now it is just Z for anything (that used to be previously alongside the 1-2-3's.). Is there any way to get the 1-2-3's to work like it used to be? Bec there is only one alternative key to be binded with Z.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,098 posts
23,042 battles
1 hour ago, Paimentaja said:

I'm disturbed by this too. It used to be 1-2 for shells (toggle) and 3 for torps (iirc). Now it is just Z for anything (that used to be previously alongside the 1-2-3's.). Is there any way to get the 1-2-3's to work like it used to be? Bec there is only one alternative key to be binded with Z.

123 has always been for ammo selection

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,866 posts
7,214 battles

Z has always been default for me and 1-2 ammo select. Been to lazy to rebind my keys since Beta.

Alternatively I have the option by default to fire with the mouse wheel. This both fire the guns and goes into the shell following camera.

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,003 posts
22,282 battles
3 hours ago, Paimentaja said:

I think those are saved in these files: preferences or preferences.xml.bak

Delete them.

[PAPAT]
Players
345 posts
13,030 battles
4 hours ago, Profilus said:

4 hours ago, ollonborre said:

Z has always been default for me and 1-2 ammo select. Been to lazy to rebind my keys since Beta.

Alternatively I have the option by default to fire with the mouse wheel. This both fire the guns and goes into the shell following camera.

Yes Z has been default but it also did change the camera with 1,2 and 3 (iirc). At least with 1-2. You could toggle between different shells with those (and with 3 between different torps). Now I can't. It is no biggie to learn to press Z but till today I was used for 1-2-3 / the toggle mode.

2 hours ago, 22cm said:

I think those are saved in these files: preferences or preferences.xml.bak

Delete them.

Thanks, I will try that.

[OP]
[OP]
Players
385 posts
11,352 battles
4 hours ago, Profilus said:

4 hours ago, ollonborre said:

We are talking about free camera after you die. There was an option to click [2] to follow salvo of main battery and [3] to follow torps and [shift?] to enter free camera mode.

• Cool 1

[PAPAT]
Players
345 posts
13,030 battles
9 minutes ago, Griva said:

We are talking about free camera after you die. There was an option to click [2] to follow salvo of main battery and [3] to follow torps and [shift?] to enter free camera mode.

Yes exactly. Didn't even first notice ppl were talking the (kinda) different thing.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,866 posts
7,214 battles
23 minutes ago, Griva said:

Aha then in that case I have no idea.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,098 posts
23,042 battles
2 hours ago, Griva said:

Easy fix: dont die! :Smile_trollface:

Well i havent tried this stuff after i die so maybe rly they changed something i havent used.

Hope you get your answers.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this