You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

For those who got GENOVA via the random/"random" 22-part queue, at which place did you get it?

In which random/"random" bundle sat the Genova?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Location

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th
    • 13th
    • 14th
    • 15th
    • 16th
    • 17th
    • 18th
    • 19th
    • 20th, 21th or 22th

118 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,077 posts

Just a quick poll. If the random bundles are truly random, it should be nicely distributed across all possibilities, with people getting it on the first bundle, the 2nd (yes Crysantos, that means you), but also the 2nd to last or even last one. I have a sneaky suspicion the random part isn't truly as random as WG would lead you to believe. 

Poll is anonymous.

• Cool 4

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,920 posts
10,304 battles

Follow up question, did the people who got so many boxes tokens pay real money for them all?

EDIT: Rephrased because I dun goofed

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,077 posts
2 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

did the people who got so many boxes pay real money for them all

This hasn't gotten anything to do with the Italian (Premium) containers, as those drop the Techtree ships. This is the random thing where you spend 70 tokens for 1 bundle in the armory, and then you can see what the next bundle gives (it's gambling-with-an-extra-layer).

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
42 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Just a quick poll. If the random bundles are truly random, it should be nicely distributed across all possibilities, with people getting it on the first bundle, the 2nd (yes Crysantos, that means you), but also the 2nd to last or even last one. I have a sneaky suspicion the random part isn't truly as random as WG would lead you to believe. 

Poll is anonymous.

Depends on if all the bundles are rolled at the start or if each bundle is rolled when you can see it.

Beta Tester
1,040 posts
2,903 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

Poll is anonymous.

Not true, you should see more early.  You don't expect people to have reached the last chest, so there's a survivorship bias. ie. if it is random, and 50% of people reach chest 5, and 25% reach chest 10, you should show chest 10 as having half the drop rate of chest 5.

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,834 posts

A clanmate recieved it on the first try. Another one on the second.

I'm currently watching the sixth and it isn't there yet.

• Cool 1

Players
1,512 posts

image.thumb.png.07c377a28bc7493ee35f49c565d2b415.png

Not sure I want Genova, I am not sure what to do with it in My Fleet to be honest.

T5 Italian Cruiser  ???

I think Emerald has more " Operational Options "

~~

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SWTP]
Players
1,457 posts
10,674 battles

In second but it's typical WG trolling me by giving such a piece of :etc_swear: so fast.  It is definitely the worst ship in a game from all I had. Huge floating citadel and BB level reload without any possibility to harm angled targets. 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,485 posts
9,051 battles

I was collecting Coal and this turd appears lol

So 8th bundle for me.

Spoiler

shot-19_10.19_16_49.41-0143.thumb.jpg.20b7a08c98ae1442cf4ad65d33bb76ce.jpg

Players
3,292 posts
15,291 battles

I have obtained 4 bundles so far.

All have contained good stuff, such as economic flags, camo, coal & credits.:Smile_smile:

I'll keep doing this until my luck holds, but as soon as they offer me that bloody ship I'll stop.

I'm not wasting 70 tokens on worthless crud.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,974 posts
12,600 battles

Hi all,

Still nothing for me... I think I had spend 350 Italian Tokens thus far (i.e. 5 tries)... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Since I am after Coal this is better for me...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,518 posts
9,670 battles

Mine turned up in the 17th bundle.  I picked up a decent amount of coal on the way there though so I'm happy.

• Cool 1

Players
1,694 posts
17,291 battles

So uhm, you guys are buying crates with the tokens you've earned? Are the rewards better then the other stuff for sale?

Edit: 3rd one.

shot-19_10.19_20_50.12-0771.thumb.jpg.1c5ada1721c437a8fdfb077d481399f6.jpg

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,518 posts
9,670 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

So uhm, you guys are buying crates with the tokens you've earned? Are the rewards better then the other stuff for sale?

Edit: 3rd one.

I got one crate and when I saw there was coal in there I kept buying them with tokens as I acquired them.

If the new Italian captain was available with the current tokens I would have used them on him (when I had sufficient).   I believe he is going to be released in the next patch and there will be a different token needed to buy him.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,309 posts
4,186 battles

Eight containers in, so far no Genoa. (before anyone points out that I have a single game in her, I purchased her in the premium store earlier, I'm trying to get the 3,4k doubloon compensation :P )

Players
753 posts
10,609 battles

Got it on no.4, so quite lucky this time. Now i wonder what to spend the additional tokens on. Given the experience in my first two Genova games, i don't really like SAP that much as to justify a perma camo. I might go for the chance of a head start instead and get only containers...

Weekend Tester
737 posts
7,956 battles

As a matter of interest, are there any more token-purchasable items due to be put in the armoury (e.g. a special Italian captain) or is this current selection all that will be available? At the moment, buying the 22 crates for the coal content looks like the only worthwhile option for me personally.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,863 posts
29,380 battles
42 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

As a matter of interest, are there any more token-purchasable items due to be put in the armoury (e.g. a special Italian captain) or is this current selection all that will be available? At the moment, buying the 22 crates for the coal content looks like the only worthwhile option for me personally.

Good looking premium camouflages. Solid blue/grey without any extra 3d stuff added