You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Ram rasputin, Ram that guy, Ram...R-A-M... Ram

55 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles

Oh, man.

A bunch of games made between yesterday and today, and only a handful of victories and it's not particular difficult, it's as I remembered.

One would think, well, second time around people would remember.

But there is a lot of first timers and or close to that.

A lot of tactic mistakes, the usual mistakes

I hope  a week from now things would get better as a all, any all.

and then doing all over again for part II.

Luckily I'm not using any boosters yet, .or I would had wasted them.

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester
855 posts
6,225 battles

You can kill Rasputin if you all focus fire & all torps hit him directly without sacrifice anybody (might be hard with random dudes). Ramming is one way to deal Rasputin too if have all teammates alive. If I remember well: Flambass's creed did super hard saving Transylvania mode and even 3 their BBs not managed to kill Rasputin with ramming tactic.

[NWP]
Players
7,565 posts
8,150 battles
11 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

If I remember well: Flambass's creed did super hard saving Transylvania mode and even 3 their BBs not managed to kill Rasputin with ramming tactic. 

Yeah, just watched it...WG trolling us hard.

I think he had 4 perma fires + 2 permafloods, and it goes like -5k HP +5k HP -5k HP +5k HP... and so on.

WG, fix your crap

@Crysantos @MrConway

It really looks like, Rasputin on Superhard is invincible:cap_wander_2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
2,695 posts
6,918 battles

Hmm, WG has to fix the glitch in Raspitin, i mean evertime i take mine out for a spin i cant take dat mutch of a beating, soo wg y my Raskal not dat stronk huh :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles
28 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

You can kill Rasputin if you all focus fire & all torps hit him directly without sacrifice anybody (might be hard with random dudes). Ramming is one way to deal Rasputin too if have all teammates alive. If I remember well: Flambass's creed did super hard saving Transylvania mode and even 3 their BBs not managed to kill Rasputin with ramming tactic.

16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think he had 4 perma fires + 2 permafloods, and it goes like -5k HP +5k HP -5k HP +5k HP... and so on.

WG, fix your crap

@Crysantos @MrConway

Superhard?:Smile_teethhappy:

No, I'm talking about Normal mode.

You can say that again.

In my last battle of the day, not only I had to destroy some towers (5 of them) but I was left alone in the front against Rasputin, I was in a Igor.

the problem is, most of the times ramming is the only option.

It all depends how many jackals there is,  remaining HP of Transylvania and so on, how many ships the team has at that point, positioning, dmg  output, and so on.

most of the times Rasputin have to die ASAP if we want a win.

In a game I was in a jackal and I rammed him but I was the only Jackal doing that, so there's that.

I had games where part of the team was already near the portal and the jackals (two) were waiting for the last two Zikasas near our spawn, and one of them was sunk.

27 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Hmm, WG has to fix the glitch in Raspitin, i mean evertime i take mine out for a spin i cant take dat mutch of a beating, soo wg y my Raskal not dat stronk huh :Smile_trollface:

Nah, you don't want Nikolai.

What you want it's Transylvania, the most tanky ship in WG arsenal.

[SWTP]
Players
1,457 posts
10,674 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Oh, man.

A bunch of games made between yesterday and today, and only a handful of victories and it's not particular difficult, it's as I remembered.

One would think, well, second time around people would remember.

But there is a lot of first timers and or close to that.

A lot of tactic mistakes, the usual mistakes

I hope  a week from now things would get better as a all, any all.

and then doing all over again for part II.

Luckily I'm not using any boosters yet, .or I would had wasted them.

Played 3 times only this year, got bored soon,  all 3 wins, only on my first try we had to ram the thing 4 stars, second time 4 stars as well and last time we even got 5 stars without raming and DDs (no torps)  at all. Igor is a blast. OP as all BBs are. If a team sticks together in a healing zone its too easy.

Players
2,459 posts
14,649 battles

Played two games yesterday and it was a 4-star (as Blade) and a 5-star (as Igor) win normal game.

Only reason first game wasn't a 5-star was that Transsilvania had already lost 50% hp before Rasputin. 

Have to say I had a couple very capable teammates in both games, which may be rare on the weekends.

18 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

No, I'm talking about Normal mode.

Ramming is what you do for Sunray in the Dark.

Not needed in Saving Transsilvania in Normal mode. Not sure about hard/superhard (didnt try it yet).

DD can get a flooding easily on Rasputin since it always sails one of two specific paths (shown by which way it turns after exiting the portal)

Igors can burn it down extremely quickly with multiple fires. One fire = 40k+ damage. The trick is setting the early enough and keeping multiple targets burning.

Igor play: Set 1 fire, switch target untill you set another fire, back to first target and set 2-3 fires, then other target and set 2-3 fires = both dead, rinse, repeat. Get fires immediately on rasputin as it spawns.

Igors are rediculously strong. Did 245k damage before Rasputin by soloing all the Zikasas spawning south of Transsilvania.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles
2 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Played 3 times only this year, got bored soon,  all 3 wins, only on my first try we had to ram the thing 4 stars, second time 4 stars as well and last time we even got 5 stars without raming and DDs (no torps)  at all. Igor is a blast. OP as all BBs are. If a team sticks together in a healing zone its too easy.

Bored? Nah.

Maybe one month from now.

I will do it back to back as always.

And I can't afford to get bored if I want to get as much elite xp as I can. (last year I got almost 500 k)This year I'm aiming for 1 million, I'll put everything I have (boosters wise) in it.

3, 4 stars few wins and 1 or two 5 stars.

I'll start using the boosters when the teams become more consistent.

[SWTP]
Players
1,457 posts
10,674 battles
Just now, Butterdoll said:

Bored? Nah.

Maybe one month from now.

I will do it back to back as always.

And I can't afford to get bored if I want to get as much elite xp as I can. (last year I got almost 500 k)This year I'm aiming for 1 million, I'll put everything I have (boosters wise) in it.

3, 4 stars few wins and 1 or two 5 stars.

I'll start using the boosters when the teams become more consistent.

For me it's third or forth year so I am a bit bored with it. Elite XP I am farming with my 19 pointers so no need to play again and again the same event. Luxury mate:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
1,713 posts
6,478 battles

I was lucky - I played it once the day the patch dropped, had 2 on the team who'd never played it before but got a 4 star win with Rasputin being rammed by a Jackal for the win - Not touching it again as far too many players are just clueless in Ops.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
8 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

WG, fix your crap

@Crysantos @MrConway

oh come off it and quit yer whinin'... the one time there is actually a little bit of challenge in one of these operations (and it's even bloody CALLED SUPER HARD FFS) and already the moaning begins :fish_palm:

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,519 posts
9,981 battles
9 hours ago, Admiral_Noif said:

You need 3 BB-s with ramming flag, they do 90k dmg per hit, otherwise you cant beat the endboss it outheals any damage and oneshots DDs plus charges towards the transylvania to stop it and you lose the 5th star.

• Cool 2

[NOCAP]
Players
5,411 posts
11,051 battles

Set  4 Fires, flooding and a heavy blow from torps + 2 BBs with ramming flag ramming should do the trick. Will see tomorrow when we do that within the Clan. 

I can only add that super hard = super hard, not exactly a bad thing imho. Buuuuut lets just say its kinda tricky. We did it with good players and still failed to kill her 2 days ago, but i see it as a challenge. So please dont nerf ;) 

17-10-_2019_13-52-43.jpg17-10-_2019_13-52-56.jpg

17-10-_2019_13-53-10.jpg

[NWP]
Players
7,565 posts
8,150 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

oh come off it and quit yer whinin'... the one time there is actually a little bit of challenge in one of these operations (and it's even bloody CALLED SUPER HARD FFS) and already the moaning begins :fish_palm:

I think its questionable, when a ship has all dots on it and it still doesnt lose health, even more so since flooding got nerfed. If Rasputin would have a citadel, then i could accept it, but so far ive never seen anyone citadelling it with the Jackal.

So basicly you have only one chance by ramming it simultaneously with several BBs. And even that might fail.

And FYI, i think its a bad concept of an Operation, where only 1% of the players might actually reach that goal to get the rewards, and why should they play it afterwards? Cant do missions (because T3), XP is ok-ish (for T3) and you still might fail if its not going perfectly.

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
1,551 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

:Smile_glasses:

"Their lived a certain ship, in operations long ago."

"He was big and stronk, from his guns a flaming glow"

"Most potatoes looked at him, with terror and with fear"

"But to Nikolai owners he was such a tempting skin"

"He could KO you from 15k away, halting Transylvania just for fun"

"But he also was the type of ship skin, collectors would desire"

"Ra Ra Rasputin, Nemesis of the potato team"

"There was a road block really that strong"

"Ra Ra Rasputin, WarGamings greatest troll machine"

"It was a shame how he stole our stars"

"He ruled the Haloween Ops and never mind the Gorgon"

"But in Saving Transylvania, he was really overpowered"

"In every single OP, he was the ship to sink"

"But he was real tough, when versing a potato team"

"In Sunray he was no easy target, even with CV's  to save the day"

"HE could throw down even with the best of them, in Ships 6 tiers above"

"There was a road block really that strong"

"It was a shame how he stole our stars"

"But when the Nikolai's damage, Armour and accuracy became known to more and more people , the demands to nerf this outrageous ship became louder and louder."

"Hey hey hey" x 30 (ish)

"This ship has got to go, declared WarGaming"

"But the player base begged, don't you try to nerf him please"

"No doubt this Rasputin, had lots of cool charm"

"Though he was a pain he made Halloween quiet fun"

"Then one night some Dev's of questionable standing, set a trap - there all to blame"

"They would use Rasputin as a punching bag, to test Submarines!"

"They made an OP is his very home"

"He fortified it and said 'I'll be fine"

"WarGaming didn't quit they wanted his ship horn"

"And so they sent in Subs until he was dead"

This should so start playing when the Rasputin turns up.

might kill the spooky Halloween vibe though :Smile_trollface:

Soooo WG, can I has Nikolai with Rasputin skin please, I wrote you a nice song about him:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Players
1,616 posts
10,818 battles

After 10 useless games of only 1 victory 1 x 3 stars I came out with my BB and Hotel Yankee...

Took charge of the team, stay in the green circle, block every ship attempting to enter, don't chase the ships behind us.. then I take the lead and stay ahead of Transylvania.. I am the meat wall and I stay within the circle..

Out pops Rasputin at the end.. I have already told the team I will ram him... a full health ram later with the Hotel Yankee flag I am dead but Rasputin sits on 1800hp... easy meat for even the newest player...

Screenshot (745).png

Screenshot (746).png

• Cool 3

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles

I do have some screenshots too, and pretty ones but they are pointless if one has for the long run in mind.

there's no point sinking half of the bots, doing 280 k dmg and stuff like that if there's no wining.

I never said that ramming was the only option, but with all things considered it's the most efficient if Transylvania it's low health. And that's happening most of the times.

Players
5,311 posts
10,284 battles

Done 5 stars trans super hard a couple hours ago.

Spoiler

shot-19_10_19_18_19.43-0372.thumb.jpg.1fdde9305b67a7b8c8cc736cd25cb2cf.jpg

Now only thing that remains for me is sunray super hard.

But 5 stars should definitely be doable.

And I broke my damage record :cat_cool:

Spoiler

shot-19_10.19_18_23.18-0790.thumb.jpg.d5fc4cd537a6c29a947893e083e64ec7.jpg

btw this is not in fact my damage record but too lazy to go look it up. But I did screenshot it somewhere.

Too bad it was a loss but the one thing that is holding me back, are my teammates.

If only everyone was as good as I am, it would've made things like these smooth sailing (no joke). But there's just too many people who ask to join trans super hard, then once the battle is raging they don't understand what "Too many ships in circle" means and assume I meant the Zikasas somehow :Smile_facepalm:

Or in Sunray, people who don't understand how the ops is played and die before the first tower is even getting attacked.

I can solo Gorgon on super hard provided I get the time to do so (with which I mean that I don't need to go aid other flanks because they are all dead or about to), but the rest of my team keeps letting me down.

• Cool 1

Players
5,311 posts
10,284 battles
8 hours ago, mcboernester said:

Set  4 Fires, flooding and a heavy blow from torps + 2 BBs with ramming flag ramming should do the trick. Will see tomorrow when we do that within the Clan. 

I can only add that super hard = super hard, not exactly a bad thing imho. Buuuuut lets just say its kinda tricky. We did it with good players and still failed to kill her 2 days ago, but i see it as a challenge. So please dont nerf ;) 

17-10-_2019_13-52-43.jpg17-10-_2019_13-52-56.jpg

17-10-_2019_13-53-10.jpg

And this is exactly what I miss. And what some of the other pretty good players are missing.

People of sufficient skill level and not too many slackers.

I could've 5 starred everything the first day if the rest of the players were at least half as decent as I am, but it's practically impossible (partially due to the ui and because it's not too easy to figure out of some unknown person is actually skilled or not and then there is things like time and smalltalk and having to do teambuilding and keeping everyone in line without voicecom etc etc etc).

But your point is clear, it's very doable once you all know what has to happen and veryone is at least a decent player.

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,715 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Done 5 stars trans super hard a couple hours ago.

Reveal hidden contents

shot-19_10_19_18_19.43-0372.thumb.jpg.1fdde9305b67a7b8c8cc736cd25cb2cf.jpg

Now only thing that remains for me is sunray super hard.

But 5 stars should definitely be doable.

And I broke my damage record :cat_cool:

Hide contents

shot-19_10.19_18_23.18-0790.thumb.jpg.d5fc4cd537a6c29a947893e083e64ec7.jpg

btw this is not in fact my damage record but too lazy to go look it up. But I did screenshot it somewhere.

Too bad it was a loss but the one thing that is holding me back, are my teammates.

If only everyone was as good as I am, it would've made things like these smooth sailing (no joke). But there's just too many people who ask to join trans super hard, then once the battle is raging they don't understand what "Too many ships in circle" means and assume I meant the Zikasas somehow :Smile_facepalm:

Or in Sunray, people who don't understand how the ops is played and die before the first tower is even getting attacked.

I can solo Gorgon on super hard provided I get the time to do so (with which I mean that I don't need to go aid other flanks because they are all dead or about to), but the rest of my team keeps letting me down.

I'm afraid speaking too soon, but

Ufff.

8 battles

2 x 5 stars, 3 x 4 stars, 1 x 3 stars and two defeats.

Much better, now

@NothingButTheRain where and when did you grabbed those screenshots?

Is Part II running at the same time as Part I?

I don't have Magnum-S or Syatozar in my port.

I'm starting to think that big numbers are a bad sign.

Players
5,311 posts
10,284 battles
7 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm afraid speaking too soon, but

Ufff.

8 battles

2 x 5 stars, 3 x 4 stars, 1 x 3 stars and two defeats.

Much better, now

@NothingButTheRain where and when did you grabbed those screenshots?

Is Part II running at the same time as Part I?

I don't have Magnum-S or Syatozar in my port.

I'm starting to think that big numbers are a bad sign,

The time is on the screenshots themselves including the date.

What part II are you referring to?

You should have all 3 available Sunray ships in your port.

What do you mean with big numbers?

[UAC]
Players
597 posts
1,891 battles

I tried super hard with random player division and just nothing.

Normally I don't mind a challenge, but there's a very thin, almost invisible line between challenging and impossible.

But it doesn't matter because saving transylvania on super hard is deep in the impossible zone so.....there's that.