Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RadioFighterYR

Izumo/Yamato rework

43 comments in this topic

Players
30 posts
590 battles

Izumo is well known about its impossible stock grind. A lot of people have requested a different way things should work. My idea is a bit different.

Three hulls are unnecessary, mainly because the first one is mostly worthless.

Let’s move hull B, call it hull A and make that a stock hull with the old hull A health pool. 

Once we reach the upgraded hull, there should be two options (Hulls B and C). Both should get the same secondaries, AA, HP, rudder shift, etc. Difference would be that one of the two hulls would have a Nelson-style turret layout. You are supposed to need only one of the hulls to reach the Yamato. That way, people who love their guns close together could play old style Izumo, while the people who struggle could go for a Japanese Nelson.

The Yamato really needs a buff. The (unreleased) Ohio and Thunderer, being faster, having better AA, and better citadel protection, are miles ahead of Yamato, especially when they get higher alpha damage than the ship which was purposely made to hit big. I think that Yamato should regain its alpha superiority. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
806 posts
13,727 battles

The thing that buggs me with the Izumo is that engine upgrade. It's so...pointless. 

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
2,286 posts
2 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

The thing that buggs me with the Izumo is that engine upgrade. It's so...pointless. 

Then again, how many people actually want to grind and keep the Izumo? (I got it but that's just me, not that I have much use for it...)

• Cool 2

Players
30 posts
590 battles

Yet nobody says a word about the Yamato part of my thread. It absolutely needs buffs; I simply reached the state or mind that its classmates would never be nerfed to an acceptable level anyway.

• Bad 2

[I-J-N]
Players
2,286 posts
1 minute ago, RadioFighterYR said:

Yet nobody says a word about the Yamato part of my thread. It absolutely needs buffs; I simply reached the state or mind that its classmates would never be nerfed to an acceptable level anyway.

Well, I haven't a lot of recent experience with the Yamato. Historically speaking... I wouldn't mine a little AA upgrade, though... my biggest problems have always been with fires rather than anything else.

Players
6,361 posts
7,550 battles
32 minutes ago, RadioFighterYR said:

The Yamato really needs a buff. The (unreleased) Ohio and Thunderer, being faster, having better AA, and better citadel protection, are miles ahead of Yamato, especially when they get higher alpha damage than the ship which was purposely made to hit big. I think that Yamato should regain its alpha superiority. 

Ohio and Thunderer are released. And Yamato can absolutely murder it, due to overmatching both its deck plating and citadel deck plating. Yamato and Musashi are some of the greatest threats to the Thunderer. And Yamato retains its overmatch superiority.

Frankly, the sole rework we really need is that WG remove the B hull on Izumo and Iowa, make the C hull the B hull and stop force people to grind 100k exp or invest that much free exp just to get actually workable rudder shift. No other line of BBs is that silly. Only the two old lines do this.

• Cool 6

[NWP]
Players
7,566 posts
8,150 battles
18 minutes ago, RadioFighterYR said:

Yamato is perfectly viable, as it has a unique feature which no other ship has (well Musashi has it too): Overmatch 32mm or armor. Look, what armor most T8-10 BBs have, and you see, why it is so special.

And for Izumo / (Iowa)

9 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Frankly, the sole rework we really need is that WG remove the B hull on Izumo and Iowa, make the C hull the B hull and stop force people to grind 100k exp or invest that much free exp just to get actually workable rudder shift. No other line of BBs is that silly. Only the two old lines do this.

This. DId it make sense back when we only had 2 BB lines? Not really, but it was ok because both had it. Now 2 have it, while all others dont, so it is just silly, not only XP wise, but also having to spend much more credits for B and C hull.

• Cool 7

[501L]
Players
318 posts
4,113 battles

Hell the thing with the Izumo is that it's basically one of many paper concepts for a Yamato style ship. This means they can easily change to one of the OTHER designs for the Izumo (where one DOES have the Nelson style set up of all three guns superfiring IIRC). The Yamato by contrast maybe give its mid and long range AA a buff...other than that it seems fine.

[P-W-C]
Players
6,244 posts
30,348 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Then again, how many people actually want to grind and keep the Izumo? (I got it but that's just me, not that I have much use for it...)

Well, I have a 19 pointer on it :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,508 posts
17,759 battles
2 hours ago, RadioFighterYR said:

The Yamato really needs a buff.

023.jpg

• Funny 19

Players
2,459 posts
14,649 battles

Yet nobody says a word about the Yamato part of my thread. It absolutely needs buffs....

Yamato is fine, even played in KotS. The only needed buff is between the keyboard and the chair.

Izumo is well known about its impossible stock grind. A lot of people have requested a different way things should work. My idea is a bit different.

Three hulls are unnecessary, mainly because the first one is mostly worthless.

Izumo is still a pain and WG should remove the A hull as they already did with all the other USN and IJN BBs.

15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

023.jpg

Nobody crying for Smolensk buffs yet :Smile_trollface:

Players
581 posts
4,853 battles
36 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Yamato is fine, even played in KotS. The only needed buff is between the keyboard and the chair.

Izumo is still a pain and WG should remove the A hull as they already did with all the other USN and IJN BBs.

next cry will be for shima and belfast buffs.

Players
2,459 posts
14,649 battles
6 minutes ago, BeefCrtinBandit said:

Shima actually could use a buff (not so good stats, likely because it relies on unreliable torpedoes)

Also Belfast has been powercreeped and clearly needs torpedoes to stay competitive with Russian BalanceBoats:Smile_trollface:

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,248 posts
16,319 battles
11 minutes ago, BeefCrtinBandit said:

Shima is pretty crap, and the Yamato is one of the most uncomfortable ships to play unless you're the type to borderhug with her. The Yamato could do with a simple turret rotation buff which would make her much better without making her completely overpowered. The Shima is just crap. Just about everything she does, some other destroyers do better and then some. The only thing that she really has is a concealment edge which is lost when she faces a lower tiered ship or when it's any of the 9/10 battles that carriers are in play.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,695 posts
6,918 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Shima actually could use a buff

Reduce the torp detectability on the 12km torps to 1.4/1.5km.

Shave 1.2 secs off the gun reload and 5 seconds to turret traverse and mabe shave off 100m to detectability and viola a happy Shima. Edit: mabe throw in -15 secs to torp reload time for good mesure. 

Or you could give her TRB for the memes :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Major_Damage225
Typo
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,916 posts
11,564 battles
7 hours ago, RadioFighterYR said:

Izumo is well known about its impossible stock grind.

I am pretty sure this has been fixed ages ago. 

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,519 posts
9,981 battles

tenor.gif

Beta Tester
2,916 posts
11,564 battles

Yet nobody says a word about the Yamato part of my thread. 

Because you have no clue whatsoever, obviously not even understanding the difference between 457 and 460mm.

There is also other things, like Thunderer melting to HE in comparison to Yamato etc. 

You really just need to gain more experience, before people will be willing to discuss balance with you. 

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
1,171 posts

I enjoyed my Izumo grind since the buff.

I did freexp past the stock modules straight to hull C.

I agree that one of those hull modules should go but i don't think either ship needs a buff.

[ADRIA]
Players
209 posts
10,779 battles
8 hours ago, RadioFighterYR said:

No it doesn't need a buff. The ship is perfectly balanced. Ot has good armor, great guns and an epic legendary mod. You just need to be patient and learn how to play the ship as it requires a certain playstyle. 

[NWP]
Players
2,189 posts
14,460 battles
6 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Only cause those people have yet to discover the forums, so rest assured: these topics will arrive.

As for Yamato: is perfectly fine, that's one of the rare cases where WG struck gold from the get go.

Izumo is a weird one, but I didn't really dislike that grind. If you really hate the A hull: use free XP. WeeGee needz money for buying Wodka after all.

• Funny 1

Players
144 posts

The mainproblem with Yamato is the chance to burn.

4 He's fly on your ship -> fire. Every damn time. Double or tripple fires are not very rare in this ship.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,222 posts
4,924 battles
23 minutes ago, Endorphin187 said:

The mainproblem with Yamato is the chance to burn.

4 He's fly on your ship -> fire. Every damn time. Double or tripple fires are not very rare in this ship.

Fire chance reduction is the same for all T10 BBs, Yamato has no greater or smaller chance of catching fire than any other of them.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this