You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major1999

Arizona or W. Virginia 1941 ?

16 comments in this topic

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,001 posts
22,282 battles

Depends. For randoms only, WV is better against higher tier ships. For operations, Arizona is better against same tier ships or lower. 

• Cool 3

[SHAD]
Players
1,171 posts

West Virginia seems to overpen everything at low tiers.

Arizona's accurate and numerous guns are much better against cruisers and will still overmatch tier 5 battleships.

I'd go Arizona.

• Cool 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,001 posts
22,282 battles
4 hours ago, gopher31 said:

West Virginia seems to overpen everything at low tiers.

Arizona's accurate and numerous guns are much better against cruisers and will still overmatch tier 5 battleships.

I'd go Arizona.

No. Both have almost the same accuracy. Arizona has 12 guns, but slower reload and lower damage per shell means damage output is almost the same with WV. The difference is in overmatch and threshold, so  Arizona is better against lower tier enemies (less overpens), and WV against higher tier enemies (overmatches anything it can meet).

WVG.JPG.cffe758a7bac2f227e30ea0c15ecf0b4.JPGAG.JPG.2054028670783dfcb6c1eab1b8a80148.JPG

• Cool 2

[RODS]
Players
873 posts
6,742 battles

Have them both

I do better in the Arizona

Edit.. on the downside I seem to get mostly tier 8 MM with the Arizona

• Cool 1

Players
1,075 posts
10,465 battles
12 hours ago, Major1999 said:

Whats the better choice today, the Arizona or W. Virginia 1941 ?

Question is, do you like New Mexico better than Colorado.

Arizona is overally improved New Mexico.

Virginia is overally nerfed Colorado. But because it is also tier lower. It playes almost identically to Colorado.

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts

Okay, now i have a bit more time.

I take the Arizona because here better aa and here 12 canons, cvs are more and more a big problem since they come into WoWs so this aa of the WV41 simply doesnt work out for me.

In my own opinion the WV41 have more cons as pros.

[SHAD]
Players
1,171 posts
7 hours ago, 22cm said:

No. Both have almost the same accuracy. Arizona has 12 guns, but slower reload and lower damage per shell means damage output is almost the same with WV. The difference is in overmatch and threshold, so  Arizona is better against lower tier enemies (less overpens), and WV against higher tier enemies (overmatches anything it can meet).

WVG.JPG.cffe758a7bac2f227e30ea0c15ecf0b4.JPGAG.JPG.2054028670783dfcb6c1eab1b8a80148.JPG

I didn’t say the Arizona had MORE accurate guns, just that it had accurate guns. It’s accuracy come virtue of the number of shells rather than  dispersion. 

You could perhaps say the Arizona has more consistent salvos.

My problem with the West Virginia is it’s propensity to overpen even same tier battleships. It’s accuracy is fine for a tier 6.

The Arizona is more accurate then the New Mexico on which its based due to a better sigma rating.

• Cool 1

Players
6,361 posts
7,550 battles
2 hours ago, Major1999 said:

Okay, now i have a bit more time.

I take the Arizona because here better aa and here 12 canons, cvs are more and more a big problem since they come into WoWs so this aa of the WV41 simply doesnt work out for me.

In my own opinion the WV41 have more cons as pros.

AA on both is so bad, it doesn't make a realistic difference.

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
On 10/19/2019 at 9:51 PM, Cagliostro_chan said:

AA on both is so bad, it doesn't make a realistic difference.

When you drive with other ppl together of course.

Players
6,361 posts
7,550 battles
21 minutes ago, Major1999 said:

When you drive with other ppl together of course.

Nope, it doesn't. Neither has enough AA to protect themselves nor to protect others. Both are literally among the worst BBs to protect others at T6 due to piss-poor range. And if they rely on others for AA, what's the point of one having marginally less garbage AA?

Players
131 posts

Arizona.

My first salvo with Arizona was a devastating strike, and that first match was a kraken :)

West Virginia '41 overpens everything. At some time, in one of my first matches, I was so frustrated that I switched to HE, and at that point I got eventually a HE citadel (against a British cruiser) !! I got Wv '41 in the tier 6 premium container, what a bad gift it was.