Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
1MajorKoenig

PROPOSAL: Move KÖNIG ALBERT to T5

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles

Hi Folks,

 

playing Viribus Unitis I was wondering why KÖNIG ALBERT Needs to be at T3. Historically a Kaiser Class is certainly as powerful as a Tegethoff class - but that aside I feel KÖNIG ALBERT is at the wrong Tier. I rarely Play T3 and would like to Play her more - even worse T3 doesn't Count for directives and such and is usually more of a playground for newbies.

 

 

Hence my proposal: 

 

  • Move her to Tier 5
  • Give her a more historical 20-22 sec Reload
  • Give her 16.5km Firing Range
  • EDIT: ...Sigma -> 2.0?
  • and if that isn't enough make the Secondaries 6km base range with Massa-Accuracy (I know a bit of "Box o' Gimmicks but hey - would be fun, no?)

 

 

Voilà! A rebalanced ship to put back in store, make it useful for missions & directives and let her out of the totally inappropriate T3 Slot! 

 

 

(Before you ask: yes WG got some Flak for the Gulio Cesare testing at T6 - however, Things are different for a T3 ship in my opinion!)

 

And finally: JUST LOOK AT HER

 

konigalbert6.thumb.jpg.2879e45952eb1f3130cc978f500534a1.jpg

  • Cool 7
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,514 posts

Didn't them remover her because of OP reasons,then they put the Russian BB there, I know I have had her because I still have a captain for her.

There was a thread recently wasn't there not abut instantly reclaiming sold ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles
2 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Didn't them remover her because of OP reasons,then they put the Russian BB there, I know I have had her because I still have a captain for her.

There was a thread recently wasn't there not abut instantly reclaiming sold ships.

 

They removed her from the shop but not from the game. Like Belfast, Kutuzov, Easy E and such.

 

Now my point is why not reintroduce her at a more “useful” Tier - And I believe T5 is about as high as it is possible. While still making it viable to play more often 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,661 posts
13,042 battles

She does not fit the time.

That is like buffing Mikasa until she is balanced for Tier VII. Can be done, but is ridiculous.

VM is a Tier IV ship with Tier III HP, not Tier V. And the only reason she is Tier IV is because of her very modern turret layout.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

She does not fit the time.

That is like buffing Mikasa until she is balanced for Tier VII. Can be done, but is ridiculous.

VM is a Tier IV ship with Tier III HP, not Tier V. And the only reason she is Tier IV is because of her very modern turret layout.

 

Time? Well power progression is a mess no matter how you look at it. There is no such thing as “time fit” in this game - sadly! I would love to have it. 

 

T4 would be another option but also boring because not in mission territory 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,661 posts
13,042 battles
2 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

Time? Well power progression is a mess no matter how you look at it. There is no such thing as “time fit” in this game - sadly! I would love to have it. 

 

T4 would be another option but also boring because not in mission territory 

There is a reason Mikasa is not Tier III or even Tier V...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

There is a reason Mikasa is not Tier III or even Tier V...

 

There is. And there are multiple reasons why there aren’t any further pre-dreadnoughts... again - sadly!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,690 posts
6,913 battles

Leave it at T3, i like the sealclu... Errm... The best teamwork ship :Smile_hiding:

You can use one of her sisters, Kaiserin for example for T5 :Smile_bajan2:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,514 posts
7 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

There is. And there are multiple reasons why there aren’t any further pre-dreadnoughts... again - sadly!

I'm sure WG could at least put some more pre dreadnought ships in at lower tiers,reminds me I have not had a game in the Mikasa (Built in England apparently) for quite some time, must make amends

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,130 posts
22,622 battles
36 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

I'm sure WG could at least put some more pre dreadnought ships in at lower tiers,reminds me I have not had a game in the Mikasa (Built in England apparently) for quite some time, must make amends

 

One of the main reasons is that pre dreadnought ships don't have unified battery. This creates a lot of problems like different reload times, different shell characteristics like velocity and range. You can't use those guns as secondaries as they are too big and if you make then anywhere useful that could deal too much damage without any player input. Some would have secondary guns with caliber over 200mm would could deal a lot of damage and even citadel lower tier cruiser with just HE and player doesn't have to do much or any effort for that.

 

Apart from technical reasons I doubt WG would like to give more reasons for older players to populate low tiers and sealclub new players. Yes they could do that now but it is way easier to do that in premiums ships as they not require having a permanent good captain on T2 ship.

 

But probably the main reason it is not profitable as much as creating a mid or high tier ships. They would need to spend almost the same amount of time and resource to research, create and balance the low tier ship as much as higher tier ship and yet they could not get not nearly as much money in return. Just look, when was the last time we got T2 premium ship. I think that Emden was last and that was almost four years ago. Here and there we get some T3, still very rarely, but we didn't get a T4 since ... well since game went live. All T4 premium ships in the game were added to the game during Alpha and Beta testing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
4,593 posts
5,489 battles
35 minutes ago, fumtu said:

All T4 premium ships in the game were added to the game during Alpha and Beta testing.

Which is a shame, really. I'm pretty sure you'd get people buying a ship for 4, 5 Euro.

If they stick in a LOT of T2/T3/4 pre-dreadnoughts... I'd certainly get some. They'd make AWESOME captain re-trainers.

Get a look at this:

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
519 posts
9,713 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

The best teamwork ship

You mean a division of three König Alberts? Unfortunately it's no longer as strong as it used to be, with two or three CV's per side. :Smile_sad:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
2,194 posts
11,539 battles
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Hi Folks,

 

playing Viribus Unitis I was wondering why KÖNIG ALBERT Needs to be at T3. Historically a Kaiser Class is certainly as powerful as a Tegethoff class - but that aside I feel KÖNIG ALBERT is at the wrong Tier. I rarely Play T3 and would like to Play her more - even worse T3 doesn't Count for directives and such and is usually more of a playground for newbies.

 

 

Hence my proposal: 

 

  • Move her to Tier 5
  • Give her a more historical 20-22 sec Reload
  • Give her 16.5km Firing Range
  • EDIT: ...Sigma -> 2.0?
  • and if that isn't enough make the Secondaries 6km base range with Massa-Accuracy (I know a bit of "Box o' Gimmicks but hey - would be fun, no?)

 

 

Voilà! A rebalanced ship to put back in store, make it useful for missions & directives and let her out of the totally inappropriate T3 Slot! 

 

 

(Before you ask: yes WG got some Flak for the Gulio Cesare testing at T6 - however, Things are different for a T3 ship in my opinion!)

 

And finally: JUST LOOK AT HER

 

konigalbert6.thumb.jpg.2879e45952eb1f3130cc978f500534a1.jpg

err, because it's a prem and WG don't like to mess with prem's...

PLUS those that have it might not want it changing...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles
1 minute ago, Salentine said:

err, because it's a prem and WG don't like to mess with prem's...

PLUS those that have it might not want it changing...

 

Well maybe. But a T5 prem would be much more useful than a T3 no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
2,267 posts
35 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

Well maybe. But a T5 prem would be much more useful than a T3 no?

 

Well, alternatively WG could give us T3 missions or rather T3 operations. (But the trend seems to favor cutting down operations so....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,690 posts
6,913 battles
53 minutes ago, asalonen said:

You mean a division of three König Alberts? Unfortunately it's no longer as strong as it used to be, with two or three CV's per side. :Smile_sad:

KA+V-25+Charelstone=:Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
617 posts
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

KA+V-25+Charelstone=:Smile_trollface:

 

That is a fail  Division. 

I would, aside of KA pick up the Bogatyr with 19 Point captain. It benefits from BFT and AFT.

 

For the destroyer, you should consider for example Valykrie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,690 posts
6,913 battles
35 minutes ago, josykay said:

For the destroyer, you should consider for example Valykrie

The V-25 can drag you down so you get more chances to avoid T4 CV's, and the v-25 is a monster, havent tried valkerie yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
209 posts
10,743 battles

Remember the Giulio Cesare popoo storm? Yea, players wont let their seal club ship to be nerfed or changed in any way because they will ask for a refund. On the other hand i barely even see the ship in randoms, dont think i ever have honestly so its not that much of a problem. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles
12 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

Remember the Giulio Cesare popoo storm? Yea, players wont let their seal club ship to be nerfed or changed in any way because they will ask for a refund. On the other hand i barely even see the ship in randoms, dont think i ever have honestly so its not that much of a problem. 

 

I do remember of course. But GC is already at a somewhat useful tier so the story is slightly different.

 

As for seal clubbing - any T3 will do it. Not a specific need for that ship.

 

I really think it is totally misplaced tier wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,639 posts
16,058 battles
11 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

Progression is a mess no matter how you look at it. There is no such thing as “time fit” in this game - sadly! I would love to have it. 

 

Yep. This game is a balance nightmare when trying to mix vastly different eras.

 

Zero point trying fix it now and embrace completely unsuitable ships. Here's your tier 5 German premium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles
10 hours ago, Salentine said:

PLUS those that have it might not want it changing...

 

...and it could be easily dealt with. Give the owners the opportunity to exchange the old version for the new and only sell the new version from there on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles
15 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

 

Yep. This game is a balance nightmare when trying to mix vastly different eras.

 

Zero point trying fix it now and embrace completely unsuitable ships. Here's your tier 5 German premium.

 

I take Baden anytime :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
617 posts
20 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

I take Baden anytime :-)

I fear it will never come. The ability to overmatch everything in her matchmaking is quite a dangerous perspective.

 

There are however multiple options for alternative. I am convinced that Kronprinz should work, even if it has no AA.  Or one of the Bayern Proposals, with smaller guns. If I remember correctly there were both, a 4x3 305mm layout and a 2x3+2x2 350mm layouts considered. Which were both in some point rejected due to the Triple Turret performance. Or Salamis pressed into german Service. Though that looks more like a Tier 4 vessel to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,639 posts
16,058 battles
1 hour ago, josykay said:

I fear it will never come. The ability to overmatch everything in her matchmaking is quite a dangerous perspective.

 

 

Ridiculous under tiered premiums have always been a main stay of WOWS, tier 5 Badan is guaranteed. 305mm guns overmatch everything at tier 5, not that most Dreadnoughts care, so they'll buff accuracy to compensate for lack of AA and 'normal' speeds. :cap_like:

 

She'll make a lovely British premium BB :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×