Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

All DD's nerfed... seriously?? Who got hurt??

13 comments in this topic

Players
1,616 posts
10,818 battles

Someone tell me I am imagining it but the maneuverability of all DD's has dropped considerably...

Every DD I have now has had its maneuverability nerfed... why? And yes I have Rudder shift where available....

Kitakaze then:

229730584_Screenshot(268).thumb.png.24cf9cc2835003ebae8c278959b69a0e.png

Kitakaze now:

1988533865_Screenshot(744).thumb.png.f266d93242dec525f23fb072509bd89f.png

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles

Look at the abilities, not the score.

I think they said they recalculated the score. The ships did not change.

• Cool 9

Players
1,616 posts
10,818 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Look at the abilities, not the score.

I think they said they recalculated the score. The ships did not change.

Had me worried there... thank you..

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles

We've changed the settings of the scale reflecting the maneuverability characteristics of a ship in the Port to ensure that ships with a high maximum speed are displayed correctly. This resulted in a minor change in a ship's maneuverability value compared to the previous Update. The ship's characteristics, however, have not changed.

• Cool 5

[ANV]
Players
356 posts
3,993 battles
3 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Please read the patchnotes. The explanation is in there.

If only we had a link to them... 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,834 posts
48 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

If only we had a link to them... 

Seriously?

That link is available in the game center, in the game client, and on the website. On the website it is currently literally the first item presented.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts

Only nerf I know is 90% of the DD user base.

Again 3/4 DD’s dead within 4 mins, a Cossack going backwards instead of capping, not scouting ie doing their own thing which did contribute towards the defeat, meanwhile in my T7 Sims I’m scouting, spotting, popping smokes for cruisers and bbs behind me, toe to toe with a T8 Edinburgh in smoke, (sea mines and guns) and even near death I’m still scouting and pushing; yes the team won. 

So no, no game wide nerf just inept play by others that does contribute to our lack of enjoyment and a loss,  Wasting our time and money. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Players
1,616 posts
10,818 battles

@MadBadDave I am afraid that I have to agree with you... I have not seen this amount of absolute garbage for a long time..

For example: I was in a game last night, in my Shimakaze, with 3 DD's in my team.. by the 9th minute I am the only DD left and I mean both sides.. it like a room full of excited school children all rushing around.

To @Lord0 and to @Egoleter no fighting guys it was I who missed the patch notes....

boxing.jpg.f3f22d44390f7805acb167e6d895fc24.jpg

Save it for the water....

Players
5,311 posts
10,284 battles
16 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

Again 3/4 DD’s dead within 4 mins, a Cossack going backwards instead of capping, not scouting ie doing their own thing which did contribute towards the defeat, meanwhile in my T7 Sims I’m scouting, spotting, popping smokes for cruisers and bbs behind me, toe to toe with a T8 Edinburgh in smoke, (sea mines and guns) and even near death I’m still scouting and pushing; yes the team won. 

So no, no game wide nerf just inept play by others that does contribute to our lack of enjoyment and a loss,  Wasting our time and money. 

Yesterday. I played my first 2 random battles.

The first random battle was this one:

Spoiler

Match1.thumb.jpg.8b8d9e5dfd1a142fd70718a300d1c6a2.jpg

Both teams have only 1 DD. Good news! First the enemy DD gets killed and what does our DD do? He decided to go yolorush the enemy carrier and gets killed less then 6 1/2 minutes into the game! :Smile_facepalm:

But at least, with all DDs out of the way, it was an enjoyable battle in which it could have gone either way but we pulled through :cat_cool:

The very next battle goes STARTS!!!! like this:

Spoiler

match2.thumb.jpg.02027dafec32b7a0a8e17ff57b858ce4.jpg

First our shima goes into a cap and smokes up while being broadside and gets torped by Shima torps!

Game under 3 minutes!!!

Then this happens

Spoiler

match2a.thumb.jpg.a148fb837da6bc0c0e397ba7d6b31a4e.jpg

Another DD gets torped. Game is still under 3 minutes!!!!

And we lost 2 of our 3 DDs already and from here things start going down the gutter really fast.

The rest of the game was crap. Utter crap. Steamroll and a farmfest for the reds in which the only ones who were probably enjoying it otherwise were the DDs that, by then, were probably hapily playing another match by then.

These are amongst the worst matches :Smile_sceptic:

Players
5,311 posts
10,284 battles
16 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

I have to agree with you!

Look at my post above, it was from the same day you made your post and you weren't even in one of these matches! :Smile_facepalm:

This is common, this is 'normal' now :Smile_child:

If you get into a game with 4 or 5 DDs on each team and one side loses most of them due to their stupidity and misplaying (and probably not even caring), it makes the game crap for the remaining 9 or 8 teammembers who are now left to fight what is basically a hopeless battle. And why? because you 1) don't have the tools to effectively fight back anymore as DDs have the influence and influence wins games and 2) because the DD players that smoke up broadside and get torped by torps that are spotted way in advance decide to die "cuz they dont care! :crab:". And some of them will then start complaining about how bad their team is and or try to order them what to do. Thankfully the latter is much less common these days and my literally endless size of my blacklist is thankful! :cap_like:

So I at least don't need to hear their lamentations anymore, thank the gods.

But still, there's too many DDs and too many stupid people piloting them. Either the amount of DDs have to be reduced or their influence has to be reduced so it won't be as devastating anymore to loose most of your DDs within 4 (or 3 like for me yesterday) minutes.

I don't see any other realistic option here.

Don't get me wrong. I love playing DDs. But this here what I see the other DDs do? What is this? :cap_wander:

[ANV]
Players
356 posts
3,993 battles
On 10/19/2019 at 12:05 AM, Egoleter said:

Seriously?

That link is available in the game center, in the game client, and on the website. On the website it is currently literally the first item presented.

Shame you didn't c+p it. 

Where I come from its standard procedure to provide links to references. Helps future readers as it wont always be the top item, will it? 

• Bad 2

Players
815 posts
9,778 battles
On 10/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, Lord0 said:

Shame you didn't c+p it. 

Where I come from its standard procedure to provide links to references. Helps future readers as it wont always be the top item, will it? 

Then lets c+p it shall we?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-089-italian-cruisers/

Sign in to follow this