Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

King of the Sea IX

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
3,619 posts
3,348 battles

Before we get into the swing of things, we would like to remind that the KOTS finals took place this weekend on the Official World of Warships streaming channels (Twitch / YouTube).

 

The hotly contested King of the Sea tournament’s regional and international finals were broadcast live from our Prague office with the expert commentary from our special guests Flamu and Izolate! Check the Official World of Warships website for full details: 

 

Now that the PSA is over, today we will talk about new, upcoming ships, testing an unusual Ranked Sprints format, and lastly, we will unveil the mysterious New Year celebrations that awaits you.

 

New ships in test

 

British cruiser Cheshire, tier VIII

Is a variant of HMS Bedford. Armed with three turrets with two guns with a caliber of 234 mm.

 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_cheshire_1920x1080.jpg

 

Soviet battleship Borodino, tier VIII

Post-war project of small battleship for the Baltic sea.  Armed with two turrets with three 406 mm guns from the battleship Sovetsky Soyuz.

 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_borodino_EN_1920x1080.jpg

 

Ranked Sprint

We are currently testing a new battle format - "1 vs 1" on tier VIII ships. Full details of the Ranked Sprint will be announced later on the official portal.

 

WG_SPB_WoWS_Ranked_Sprint_season_8_1920x1080.jpg

 

New Year celebrations, the Shipyard and ship construction

In the New Year update you can look forward to a completely new in-game event - full-scale ship construction. But what ship? Stay tuned for more details!

Players will have to go through all stages of construction - from laying the keel to the installation of weapons and deck equipment. Important stages of construction can be tracked directly in the game client.

Building a ship is a long and time-consuming process, so each of the stages will be accompanied with a nice set of rewards.

 

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_port_EN_1920x1080.jpg

 

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change. Described mechanics and other elements may differ from the final version.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,984 posts
15,205 battles
4 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Ranked Sprint

We are currently testing a new battle format - "1 vs 1" on tier VIII ships. Full details of the Ranked Sprint will be announced later on the official portal.

 

WG_SPB_WoWS_Ranked_Sprint_season_8_1920x1080.jpg

 

..Submarine 1 vs 1?:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SLAPP]
Players
1,350 posts
8,120 battles

seems that the 1 vs 1 format   is not class specific right now so im really curious how that is gonna work.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
6,490 posts
12,889 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

Soviet battleship Borodino, tier VIII

Post-war project of small battleship for the Baltic sea.  Armed with two turrets with three 406 mm guns from the battleship Sovetsky Soyuz

 

You just have to have another permium T8 soviet (beurk) BB, right? :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
697 posts
10,260 battles

The Clan Battle test on the 0.8.8 PTS was 1 vs 1 at T10. Unsymmetrical matchmaking was more common than not, and it was... interesting. But that was on standard maps.

 

The Shipyard looks very interesting. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it's for California. But it would be nice if there was a choice from a shortlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
2,822 posts
12,396 battles
5 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

The Shipyard looks very interesting. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it's for California. But it would be nice if there was a choice from a shortlist.

That would be fantastic. It will be great whatever the ship is,  as a long term Campaign-type project, but "build your own Premium" is rather an exciting idea. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Players
3,279 posts
14,594 battles

That Ranked Sprint will be so much fun for decent CV players. Automatic wins at game starts. :Smile_sceptic:

Potato CVs only get automatic wins when facing any other class, so I guess that's fair, right?

 

:Smile_facepalm:

 

As a side note: I welcome the addition of another soviet naval legend to the ga... oh wait, it didn't exist either, did it...:Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,361 posts
7,550 battles
1 hour ago, Zemeritt said:

 

You just have to have a permium T8 soviet (beurk) BB, right? :Smile_facepalm:

Not like Lenin doesn't exist.

21 minutes ago, Toivia said:

That Ranked Sprint will be so much fun for decent CV players. Automatic wins at game starts. :Smile_sceptic::Smile_hiding:

Don't wanna play Enterprise, don't wanna play against Enterprise. I think I'll actually play GZ. No, for realz...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
6,490 posts
12,889 battles
4 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Not like Lenin doesn't exist. 

 

Granted, I missed the word "another".

But after they dropped down the other BB to T7, why force another soviet T8 BB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,083 posts
11,340 battles
31 minutes ago, Toivia said:

As a side note: I welcome the addition of another soviet naval legend to the ga... oh wait, it didn't exist either, did it...:Smile_hiding:

image.thumb.png.e4824a0557eb51579cd67de871d6d4db.png

 

It only had 5 guns, but its design did exist as one of the Project 23 variants

 

It is more real than Cheshire, so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,361 posts
7,550 battles
8 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

 

Granted, I missed the word "another".

But after they dropped down the other BB to T7, why force another soviet T8 BB?

WG: *slaps top sekrit Soviet archives* This thing can fit so many of Stalin's fantasies inside!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
9,265 posts
8 hours ago, lameoll said:

seems that the 1 vs 1 format   is not class specific right now so im really curious how that is gonna work.

imho such a battle mode should be done with "fixed setups", so we get special "event ships" with configurations that cannot be changed and captains with pre-defined skills, so that battles are always between two fully identical ships/captains and result depends only on the players skills (and RNG of course :Smile_hiding:)...

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,136 posts
22,721 battles
11 hours ago, Toivia said:

As a side note: I welcome the addition of another soviet naval legend to the ga... oh wait, it didn't exist either, did it...:Smile_hiding:

 

Of course it existed. But it had such a great concealment that nobody ever spotted it.  

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-GG-]
Players
290 posts
15,374 battles

1v1  would be awesome

 

no afk, bots, A1 snipers and Kagero-gunboats in your team - as long as it will be a class-for-class enaggement it sounds great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
2,664 posts
8,371 battles
46 minutes ago, radius77 said:

as long as it will be a class-for-class enaggement

nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Players
3,279 posts
14,594 battles
2 hours ago, radius77 said:

1v1  would be awesome

 

no afk, bots, A1 snipers and Kagero-gunboats in your team - as long as it will be a class-for-class enaggement it sounds great

They literally said on stream any class can meet any other one.

 

Technically I believe a 1 vs. 1 could work, if it had mirrored ships. Hipper vs. Hipper, Vladivostok vs. Vladivostok, etc. The difference would be between skills and builds. Mind you I am not entirely sure it would be fun either. Basically a "who blinks first" contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
6,490 posts
12,889 battles
5 minutes ago, Toivia said:

They literally said on stream any class can meet any other one

 

lol. So just pick CV: Instant win.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
740 posts

So according to Flamuu the caps will generate points faster to "counter" CVs.

 

Like there is no way for the CV to tell if a ship is inside a cap and there is absolutely no way for the CV to counter the ship that tries to cap.

 

Also WG - If we need faster points isn't that you admitting there is no real counterplay to a CV with surface ships...

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
6,490 posts
12,889 battles
5 hours ago, CastorTolagi said:

So according to Flamuu the caps will generate points faster to "counter" CVs.

 

Like there is no way for the CV to tell if a ship is inside a cap and there is absolutely no way for the CV to counter the ship that tries to cap.

 

Also WG - If we need faster points isn't that you admitting there is no real counterplay to a CV with surface ships...

 

lol. Sure WG, then you have to cap within 10 seconds in order to stop the CV from reseting

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,007 posts
245 battles
21 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

image.thumb.png.e4824a0557eb51579cd67de871d6d4db.png

 

It only had 5 guns, but its design did exist as one of the Project 23 variants

 

It is more real than Cheshire, so far.

Ironically enough the design layout wargaming has doesn't exist. I know its only one extra gun but still.

 

I dont mind the name cheshire too be honest and this is from someone whos born in the UK. But i still don't see why wargaming didn't just take any of the existing and also famous Heavy cruiser designs.

 

Miss cheshire is something i would expect 2 years from now after like 2-3 premium heavy cruisers.

 

I do like her design doe, but i wish goliath was called churchill and with the quad turret propersal, same form drake to admiral.

 

oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×