You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Palubarac

Italian Tokens

32 comments in this topic

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles

So... what can you do with Italian tokens?

As far as I can see... you can either gamble (WG's favorite game) with 70 tokens per dice and you have 22 attempts to get Genova, right? No other ships? Just some credits/coal prizes along the way? Each random bundle is 70 Italian tokens so if you're extremely unlucky (the way WG would like it to be), you would need 1,540 Italian tokens to open all 22 random bundles. All for Genova which is a mediocre ship according to most people who played her.

The other option is to buy Italian containers, right? 70 tokens per container? And then you get like 1% (or less) chance of getting any of the Italian cruisers T5 - T8?

So what are you going after? Spending most of the tokens in getting Genova and some small prizes along the way or gambling it all for a (miserable) chance of obtaining any of the T5-T8 Italian cruisers via Italian containers?

Obviously WG not disclosing the chance of drops doesn't help at all as well as figuring out the total possible amount of tokens you can obtain during the update and plan for the 2nd part of the Italian Arc...

[CAIN]
Players
3,677 posts
14,471 battles

Honestly, no idea yet what i'll be spending my Tokens on.

I assume, WG will do the same with the Italian arc as they did with the French arc. 

Tokens you can collect during this pre-release event will be useless as the'll have a new currency for the next patch/ event.

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles
14 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Honestly, no idea yet what i'll be spending my Tokens on.

I assume, WG will do the same with the Italian arc as they did with the French arc. 

Tokens you can collect during this pre-release event will be useless as the'll have a new currency for the next patch/ event.

Yeah, I assume the same.

I guess this explains that those tokens can only be used in this update (part 1 of Italian Arc) and there will be some other gimmick tokens for the part 2 of the Italian Arc.

tok.jpg

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,519 posts
9,981 battles

T8 silver ship would be a lot more valuable for me than that t5 prem i will never use, so containers for me

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles

Yeah, Italian containers seems like a better option anyways.

Going for Genova seems safer as you probably will get her and some prizes along the way (nothing special though) but since Genova sucks so badly I'll probably also go for the Italian containers.

For me as a non-premium user, the premium time also doesn't seem so bad but I'd be trading almost 2 Italian containers for 1 day of premium which doesn't sound too great either.

Players
871 posts
2,404 battles

@Palubarac I'll wait until the update ends and in the meantime i'll just collect them, since they expire when 0.8.11. comes out. Once Update 0.8.10 will be out, I'll see what i can get. 

I did calculations, given the time that i have to play the game, and in the worst case scenarion i'll be just short of 500 tokens, but i think that i'll use them for the perma-camo, maybe containers or credits if i have some leftover ones.

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles
4 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@Palubarac I'll wait until the update ends and in the meantime i'll just collect them, since they expire when 0.8.11. comes out. Once Update 0.8.10 will be out, I'll see what i can get. 

I did calculations, given the time that i have to play the game, and in the worst case scenarion i'll be just short of 500 tokens, but i think that i'll use them for the perma-camo, maybe containers or credits if i have some leftover ones.

In 0.8.10 update you'll get more options like the Italian legendary captain and others but those things will be available for some other type of tokens, released during 0.8.10. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Every update we get a new set of tokens, besides the already available currencies. Sometimes even I get confused and I can feel the pain of new players seeing so many currencies and tokens.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
93 posts
1,731 battles

Well I guess it is about owning, as every thread referring to the Genova only describes a poor ship that does not even represent its nations playstyle. I will invest into the random boxes in hope of getting her and then spend the rest on containers in hope of combat missions for ships/free port slots.

Beta Tester
2,695 posts
6,918 battles

I'll waste the tokens on the boxes, mostly to stock up on coal, cammos and flags, if i get Genova great, if not, just as good. 

Edited by Major_Damage225
Typo
  • Cool 3

Players
5,001 posts
245 battles

if you can get smoll coal with tokens thats what ill spend dem on.

otherwise ill just collect them untill the time barring us from getting anymore comes.

'w'

Players
871 posts
2,404 battles
24 minuti fa, Palubarac ha scritto:

In 0.8.10 update you'll get more options like the Italian legendary captain and others but those things will be available for some other type of tokens, released during 0.8.10. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Every update we get a new set of tokens, besides the already available currencies. Sometimes even I get confused and I can feel the pain of new players seeing so many currencies and tokens.

i know that, in fact, i'll wait until 0.8.10 so that i can't get them anymore and i'll be able to better choose what to take.

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles

Regarding the rewards from the 'random bundles', I "invested" few minutes so you don't have to...

Opening all 22 'random bundles' would cost you 1,540 Italian tokens and you would get:

- Genova (Italian T5 Cruiser)

- 14,000 Coal

- 2,250,000 Credits

- Regia Marina Camos x 36 pcs

- Ouroboros Signal Flags x 6 pcs

- Leviathan Signal Flags x 6 pcs

- Wyvern Signal Flags x 6 pcs

- Basilisk Signal Flags x 6 pcs

- Dragon Signal Flags x 6 pcs

- Red Dragon Signal Flags x 6 pcs

- Hydra Signal Flags x 6 pcs

- Scylla Signal Flags x 6 pcs

- Equal Speed Charlie London Signal Flags x 40 pcs

- Zulu Signal Flags x 40 pcs

- Zulu Hotel Signal Flags x 40 pcs

- Papa Papa Signal Flags x 40 pcs

I hope I didn't make any mistake(s).

• Cool 5

Players
111 posts
16,160 battles

Got Genova on the 5th bundle, terrible ship, slow reload and low shell velocity... i know its just a tier 5 ship but still why she have to be so bad?
Anyway, after i got the ship that im never gonna play except if i have to, all tokens will go for italian containers! Im hoping to get t7, if get t8 will be even better :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,889 posts
10,698 battles

I got the T6 mission from a bought crate (yes, I'm an idiot!) - the permaflage bought for tokens is really rather lovely; I'll probably buy more of the permaflages as I get more tokens as I'm a bit of a bimbo who likes pretties...

Players
697 posts
10,260 battles

Given the choice between exchanging tokens for things I can get for free (silver ships) or would have to pay for (Genova, Prem Camo) I'll take the latter.

Luckily the first bundle offered was for 2k Coal, and the second one was Genova. I'll see how many tokens I end up and whether any early access missions have dropped from the free containers, but I am not planning on getting more.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,136 posts
22,721 battles

Got Trento mission from second container I got for finishing first set of directives. This mean I don't have to spend any tokens on additional containers as T6 is quite good starting point to research the rest of Italian Cruisers. So I will first see how much tokens I could get and then probably spent to premium camo on Zara or Amalfi or, if lucky, on both.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,863 posts
29,380 battles

Going to use the remainder of the tokens for the perma camouflages, They really look good, wish they would make more like these.

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles
On 10/18/2019 at 6:49 PM, wot_2016_gunner said:

i know that, in fact, i'll wait until 0.8.10 so that i can't get them anymore and i'll be able to better choose what to take.

Just a note... you have until 14th of November to complete the combat missions for a specific Italian cruiser.

So if you wait until the next update I guess you won't be able to complete the mission and obtain those ships.

You need 15k XP with that ship (provided you obtained the mission and grinded 10k base XP with any ship T5+) which is not much but not too easy with such bad ships.

Just something to keep in mind for the ones planning to wait (too long)..

Players
871 posts
2,404 battles
49 minuti fa, Palubarac ha scritto:

Just a note... you have until 14th of November to complete the combat missions for a specific Italian cruiser.

So if you wait until the next update I guess you won't be able to complete the mission and obtain those ships.

You need 15k XP with that ship (provided you obtained the mission and grinded 10k base XP with any ship T5+) which is not much but not too easy with such bad ships.

Just something to keep in mind for the ones planning to wait (too long)..

Thx, I know those things; yesterday I got the mission for Montecuccoli. I'm planning on getting the camos (380 tokens at the moment).

[KVK]
Players
444 posts
11,880 battles

Hello

is there a screenshot of the italian permanent camouflage somewhere?

Is it like the italian "Type 2" silver credit camouflage but without the white and black stripes?

shot-19_10.21_18_19.49-0517.jpg.796e539a51d3753e78dee596b346f013.jpg

Or is it an complete different color theme?

Thx

Players
94 posts
9,465 battles

I'll get around 1600 or so tokens which I will exchange for around 500 papa papa flags which will net me around 700000 fxp. Pretty good deal imho.

I don't care for a tier 5 mediocre premium or permanent camouflage for ships I won't play after the grind.

No one takes flags like I do?