You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ranghena

Next ranked season

45 comments in this topic

[ARCAS]
Players
36 posts
5,955 battles

Hi all, the next ranked season will be at tier X. Have a question, which ship or ships do you recommend for that? I have these tier X, All with 19 points captain.
Zao, Des Moines, hindemburg, Minotaur, smolensk, moskva, Wooster, Henry IV, z 52, harugumo, daring,Khabarosk Yamato, Kremlin, Conqueror, Republique.

I'm working to get grozvoi also in lose time, I'm a collector..
I'm a cruiser's main, but don't dislike BB at all..

I think dds get delete when opponent cv spot them, so maybe there's no DD in ranked, this mean the He/smoke spammers became less efficient (?)

A nice antiair maybe can be usefull, like a tankly cruiser.

Really don't know which one can be usefull for that season.
I played ranked few times, never in tier X.

Random X in this meta is quite boring, all spammers or all hiding, not much funny.
Thank you

Beta Tester
2,695 posts
6,918 battles

There will be no cv's in ranked . Lel, leave it to me to goof up again :Smile_smile:

I'm planing on DM or Yamato mabe Shima, but i think you can expect many Stalingrad, Kremlin, Smolensk combos this season :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Major_Damage225
Error

[NOCAP]
[NOCAP]
Players
359 posts
5,972 battles

Play with whatever ship making you fun. You will only progress with a ship you like, the teammates are usually enough reason for concern, so one should atleast like its ship^^

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,519 posts
9,981 battles

Wait what happened to the 8v8 1 CV only setup? 

[-AP-]
Players
2,093 posts
5,218 battles

Do you mean clan battles or ranked battles? I havent seen anything about a new ranked season?

[ARCAS]
Players
36 posts
5,955 battles

Ranked battle, will start at half 8.10 update, see it in dev blog on Facebook, it will be 8v8 1 cv per side

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,093 posts
5,218 battles
7 minutes ago, Ranghena said:

it will 1 cv per side

ugh, thats annoying, i would have liked to play in that season... guess not

[CAIN]
Players
3,677 posts
14,471 battles

I assume that we'll see a lot of meta ships, i.e. Kremlin, Smolensk, Wooster, Minotaur, Daring and Harugumo, with lots of Hakuryus and Midways.

The rest will be whatever the players can muster or have in their port at the time, so i expect HE flinging Conquerors, SE specced GKs and Yamatos and the third line torping Yoshino. Fun and hilarity are about to ensue! 

My Goal, as usual, will be to get to rank 15 for the commemorative flag, and then maybe to rank 10. 

After that, i'll do a ranked game per day to keep the shrink away. 

Since WG removed the Jolly Roger, there's no incentive for me to suffer to rank 1.

Too bad actually, i really liked and enjoyed the last ranked season with TIX ships, TX will be a $hitshow tho.

• Cool 2

[BOTZ]
Players
2,199 posts
13,696 battles
1 hour ago, Ranghena said:

Hi all, the next ranked season will be at tier X. Have a question, which ship or ships do you recommend for that? I have these tier X, All with 19 points captain.
Zao, Des Moines, hindemburg, Minotaur, smolensk, moskva, Wooster, Henry IV, z 52, harugumo, daring,Khabarosk Yamato, Kremlin, Conqueror, Republique.

I think dds get delete when opponent cv spot them, so maybe there's no DD in ranked, this mean the He/smoke spammers became less efficient (?)

Random X in this meta is quite boring, all spammers or all hiding, not much funny.
Thank you

Yammato or Conq......very strong dhips for saving star.

Ability to save star is most important ability of ship in Ranked.

Avoid DDs.....low chance for star retain :) (except maybe haragumo)

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,677 posts
14,471 battles
13 minutes ago, WingedHussar_Adler said:

Yammato or Conq......very strong dhips for saving star.

Ability to save star is most important ability of ship in Ranked.

Avoid DDs.....low chance for star retain :) (except maybe haragumo)

This is NOT the reason why should you pick certain ships! 

This 'saving a star' mentality is the reason why ranked is a stinky toxic cesspool.

It's full of players who play from the get go to save their star, and completely ignoring team play or possiblities to make a play and take a win. 

• Cool 7

[BOTZ]
Players
2,199 posts
13,696 battles
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

This is NOT the reason why should you pick certain ships! 

This 'saving a star' mentality is the reason why ranked is a stinky toxic cesspool.

It's full of players who play from the get go to save their star, and completely ignoring team play or possiblities to make a play and take a win. 

Well if you wanna ranked ASAP this is THE TOP reason.....you can not choose our team...but you can choose ship that will give you most edge over team.

to be bluntly hones, i did ranked out (las time when i ranked) in BBs with 5% lower WR than in DD becuse in DD it is so hard to save star.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
1 hour ago, Ranghena said:

Thank you

If you are not playing to "save the star" and actualy want to win DDs are the way to go though. If you can replace that dumb DD that rushes in and die in the first three minutes with yourself and make match deciding plays you will win more often but not so often save a star if you fail. For a competetive ship I suggest Haruharu as it's just THE meta DD at Tier X. If you are starting slower and/or halway in the season you can also pick Z52 and hope enough fools fall for the Hydro+smoke trick. Otherwise if you do intent to play for saving the star only just don't queue you are part of the problem just pick any BB which you are comfortable to rack up high damage numbers in.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
4,010 posts
20,445 battles

I will likely try Venezia, if that fails Salingrad or Ohio and if even that fails Kremlin...

Players
180 posts
1,710 battles
2 ore fa, Ranghena ha scritto:

Thank you

If you consider Harugumo and Khabarovsk as cruisers they are really good. Harugumo better for ranked probably. I saw few harugumo at t10 ranked but when I saw them they usually made a really good job, since u have decent but not horrible concealment, excellent DPM with guns and devastating torps. U r just very clumsy.

With standard cruisers lets say, Des Moines is very popular either in ranked and clan battles, but not one that I personally pretty much like. Hindemburg is a jack of all trades and might be fine. However it has terrible concealment, and in competitions usually cruisers with better concealments are the first to be chosen. 

With BB ATM Kremlin, despite the ridicoulous nerf, is still the OP queen. Yamato should be good as long distant sniper to control huge spaces of the map (in the same sense im curious to see if the new sniping bb the Thunderer willhave good performance as well in ranked). Montana too is a usual choice. Kurfurst might suffer a bit if you push too early, but I like her anyway. Conqueror in my opinion should be dominant, although I dont understand why its not very usual in ranked

[ARCAS]
Players
36 posts
5,955 battles
20 minuti fa, Yedwy ha scritto:

I will likely try Venezia, if that fails Salingrad or Ohio and if even that fails Kremlin..

They will released Venezia for 8.10 update? Think they released after ranked.

I will like play Stalingrad, but don't have steel :( make ranked for her

[ARCAS]
Players
36 posts
5,955 battles
3 minuti fa, EiricBloodgun ha scritto:

If you consider Harugumo and Khabarovsk as cruisers they are really good. Harugumo better for ranked probably. I saw few harugumo at t10 ranked but when I saw them they usually made a really good job, since u have decent but not horrible concealment, excellent DPM with guns and devastating torps. U r just very clumsy.

With standard cruisers lets say, Des Moines is very popular either in ranked and clan battles, but not one that I personally pretty much like. Hindemburg is a jack of all trades and might be fine. However it has terrible concealment, and in competitions usually cruisers with better concealments are the first to be chosen. 

With BB ATM Kremlin, despite the ridicoulous nerf, is still the OP queen. Yamato should be good as long distant sniper to control huge spaces of the map (in the same sense im curious to see if the new sniping bb the Thunderer willhave good performance as well in ranked). Montana too is a usual choice. Kurfurst might suffer a bit if you push too early, but I like her anyway. Conqueror in my opinion should be dominant, although I dont understand why its not very usual in ranked

I usually play harugumo in conceleament build, only 12.5 km range but under 6.5 km detection, maybe I will try her.

Also me don't like DM.

Or I'go with machinegun/aa CL

Or Hindi for cruiser

And Conquer for BBs, still the one where I get best games in random

Players
1,282 posts
10,177 battles
3 hours ago, semiGM said:

Play with whatever ship making you fun.

This is impossible because sky cancer is allowed to play ranked too and this ruins any tiny bit of chance to have fun in ranked with whatever class or ship.

• Cool 1

Players
1,616 posts
10,818 battles

I am a DD main so will have the choice of German, Japanese x 2, or American Tier X DD's...

If CV's are a problem I've got my GK or Yamato for BB's

Smolensk, Minatour, Hindenburg or Worcester for Cruisers...

Players
180 posts
1,710 battles
1 ora fa, Ranghena ha scritto:

I usually play harugumo in conceleament build, only 12.5 km range but under 6.5 km detection, maybe I will try her.

Also me don't like DM.

Or I'go with machinegun/aa CL

Or Hindi for cruiser

And Conquer for BBs, still the one where I get best games in random

ATM for the British bb line I only have Lion t9. So cant say about Conqueror but playstyle should be similar. You have poor hp and armor but super heal and excellent HE shells with insane fire chance. So you basically spam your HE to anything (big possibly) moving in range. This may work well in randoms but cant say it fore sure in ranked.
Harugumo may cover different roles so its my first suggestion. For bbs I like GK for tanking and secondary, but I fear there will be plenty of Smolensk in next season, which hurts a lot a clumsy GK.

PS: Harugumo can reach almost 15 km range or so if you go advance fire training with your captain, but since IFHE is basically a must and you run concealment too, not sure u can get AFT. But there is also a last module for range

Players
2,788 posts
13,027 battles
16 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I am a DD main so will have the choice of German, Japanese x 2, or American Tier X DD's...

If CV's are a problem I've got my GK or Yamato for BB's

Smolensk, Minatour, Hindenburg or Worcester for Cruisers...

Nice citadel targets for Hak AP there :P

Players
180 posts
1,710 battles
3 ore fa, WingedHussar_Adler ha scritto:

Well if you wanna ranked ASAP this is THE TOP reason.....you can not choose our team...but you can choose ship that will give you most edge over team.

to be bluntly hones, i did ranked out (las time when i ranked) in BBs with 5% lower WR than in DD becuse in DD it is so hard to save star.

Saving star tactic is what makes your team lose and never get a star to progress

• Cool 2

Players
1,282 posts
10,177 battles
10 minutes ago, EiricBloodgun said:

Nobody considering new bb Thunderer for next t10 ranked season?
Seems a good monstersniper elite expert, kinda yamato playing but not with so long range

It's a strong BB for randoms, but i doubt this will be the case for ranked. Simply for the fact that Thunderer is probably the most squishy tier 10 BB. It has no superheal and a low HP pool. Yamato overmatch it, everything else get full pens and every HE spammer can feast on this ship if in range with HE pens. Yes, the guns are amazing but they won't help if you have no HP left. You can not push or tank in the Thunderer at all which you kinda have to do a lot in ranked games as a BB.

• Cool 2