Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_H_Nelson

Wargaming - Please stop changing my port!

31 comments in this topic

Players
3,292 posts
15,291 battles

Dear Wargaming,

Please leave my settings alone. :Smile-angry:

I choose a particular port because that is the port that I want to have.

Please stop changing it whenever you feel like it when you create some new event/arc.

(Or at least give players the option to keep the port that they want)

• Cool 18
  • Boring 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

it's all of two clicks to change it back... I think it's more than fair that they want to show off the new shinies that their art department has created (although I personally find the new Italian port quite disappointing, but that's just me), and can expect that minimal amount of effort from their players...

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[BABBY]
Players
537 posts
9,221 battles
7 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

it's all of two clicks to change it back...

Normally I'd be with you on this but it's still two clicks WITHIN the current UI, so...yeah...

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
Just now, BlackYeti said:

Normally I'd be with you on this but it's still two clicks WITHIN the current UI, so...yeah...

okay... fair... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
683 posts
11,741 battles

You leave the house for one minute...

Next thing you know someone broke in and redecorated. 

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,974 posts
12,593 battles

Hi all,

9 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

it's all of two clicks to change it back... I think it's more than fair that they want to show off the new shinies that their art department has created (although I personally find the new Italian port quite disappointing, but that's just me), and can expect that minimal amount of effort from their players...

I check the new ("forced") port for few minutes every time but then always go back to my default port = "Ocean" which I use for almost forever now... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 5

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts

Agreed, setting are MY business alone. WG has no business to mess around with my preferences.

Get your filthy claws off of my port settings :Smile-angry:

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
847 posts
6,950 battles
43 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I appreciate the goodwill. However, my settings are mine alone and I don't like them changed at someone else's discretion... 

It is like changing my assigned weapon/consumable keys when they introduce a new one... 

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
794 posts
14,420 battles

Could be worse... 

They could have set the Halloween port as the 'forced' port.

So this time I am grateful... 

(I actually liked the Model Maker's Bench. But I wouldn't want it always.)

Beta Tester
641 posts
10,831 battles
53 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

it's all of two clicks to change it back

you sure about that? I was not able to find my port (Spaceport) as an option. Maybe I just looked in wrong place.

Still I would really do not mind if they would not change it.

Players
5,305 posts
10,278 battles
36 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Agreed, setting are MY business alone. WG has no business to mess around with my preferences.

Get your filthy claws off of my port settings :Smile-angry:

10 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

I appreciate the goodwill. However, my settings are mine alone and I don't like them changed at someone else's discretion... 

It is like changing my assigned weapon/consumable keys when they introduce a new one... 

Personally I don't mind the switching of ports too much, but I still hate the fact that WG will keep on deleting replays unless I babysit them.

So now I have to start the executable only after I've run a customised batch file that puts all replay files into another directory in order to protect them. And I don't like having to babysit a program that is supposed to be entertainment. Feels a little bit like paying a taxicab driver and then having to walk home anyway.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
31 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Personally I don't mind the switching of ports too much, but I still hate the fact that WG will keep on deleting replays unless I babysit them.

So now I have to start the executable only after I've run a customised batch file that puts all replay files into another directory in order to protect them. And I don't like having to babysit a program that is supposed to be entertainment. Feels a little bit like paying a taxicab driver and then having to walk home anyway.

There's a mod/setting in Aslain's that does this for you, if you want. Basically it removes the limited amount of replays stored, so it will just keep everything, like before.

I'm not sure, but I think it also gives the option to save them into a custom directory.

• Cool 1

Players
5,305 posts
10,278 battles
3 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

There's a mod/setting in Aslain's that does this for you, if you want. Basically it removes the limited amount of replays stored, so it will just keep everything, like before.

I'm not sure, but I think it also gives the option to save them into a custom directory.

For some reason my files were sooner or later deleted regardless of what method I tried. The only 100% safe way is to back them up manually and at least doubleclicking a batch file is still a lil bit easier than the drag and drop stuff. But still, regardless of what method to use now, everything was better before WG applied this invasive change. It still bothers me, so I still feel negative about it.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I've been meaning to install aslains anyway but for the halloween 2017 port which hasn't been updated to the current patch yet.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,628 posts
9,719 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I remember usin the Zipangu? day port.

2 clicks trick did not help...

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
35 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I remember usin the Zipangu? day port.

2 clicks trick did not help...

Aaah yes, the Zipangu day port :fish_cute_2:

Can't for the life of me figure out why they removed that. It was gorgeous.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
3,677 posts
14,454 battles
59 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Thanks for the suggestion though. I've been meaning to install aslains anyway but for the halloween 2017 port which hasn't been updated to the current patch yet.

The best Halloweenpost so far.

10 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Yep, it was indeed. 

I don't mind the port switching tho, however, i do mind the fact that WG is removing the Halloween ports or changes existing ones instead of adding variants. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,628 posts
9,719 battles

My gess is that they want to use it for the reworked Cherry blossom release :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GURKA]
Players
4,101 posts
9,090 battles
48 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

There is a day/night cycle or what do you mean?

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
43 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

There is a day/night cycle or what do you mean?

What I mean is that they removed the day time Zipangu port. Instead, we got that night port which is so dark you can't admire your ship (just like most other ports.... really, what's wrong with sunshine?)

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
4,101 posts
9,090 battles
29 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

What I mean is that they removed the day time Zipangu port. Instead, we got that night port which is so dark you can't admire your ship (just like most other ports.... really, what's wrong with sunshine?)

It's a full-day-cycle port

20191018160825_1.thumb.jpg.eae75e0ae0d0d8e81f53b7279643566f.jpg

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,664 posts
8,349 battles
4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Ocean" which I use for almost forever now... 

:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this