Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Web_animal

Game don't EXIT

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3 posts
13,505 battles

When i try to exit game its apear YES and NO i hit yes and the game don't close to windows , I have to terminate game in task manager.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
11 posts
3,611 battles

Thats what my post was about also, you have to force restart your machine, 5 wgc, 3 wg renderer in task manager, bull crap coding. and they wont close on windows 7. Alsi it messes up my harddrive, I had to repair my ssd after game integrity check and it stops working on 72%. Im done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
92 posts
2,122 battles
Vor 17 Minuten, Web_animal sagte:

When i try to exit game its apear YES and NO i hit yes and the game don't close to windows , I have to terminate game in task manager.

Same here. 

I've read that deleting WOWS and reinstalling it might fix this problem. I don't know it yet, but I'm going to try today and will let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[P-S-T]
Players
219 posts

I had the same problem yesterday just after playing second time with new 0.8.9 using win 10 old PC. Exiting by task manager solved the problem, without killing the game process. In another desktop, with same system I didn't have any issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
851 posts
13,793 battles

Same problem here, first glich since the game launced, been 2 days since patch and it already annoys me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,851 posts
1,463 battles
2 hours ago, Web_animal said:

When i try to exit game its apear YES and NO i hit yes and the game don't close to windows , I have to terminate game in task manager.

 

1 hour ago, neorvo said:

I had the same problem yesterday just after playing second time with new 0.8.9 using win 10 old PC. Exiting by task manager solved the problem, without killing the game process. In another desktop, with same system I didn't have any issue.

 

1 hour ago, Azalgor said:

Same problem here, first glich since the game launced, been 2 days since patch and it already annoys me.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please help us by reporting these bugs and provide us with the necessary data to find a solution:

 

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
851 posts
13,793 battles
49 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Same here

 

49 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Same here

 

4 hours ago, worldwaralpha said:

same with me

 

as suggested, Uninstall the gmae throu game center, delete it completely and reinstall, worked for me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RBMF]
Moderator
1,020 posts
7,656 battles
1 hour ago, gnist0s said:

Why should i try reinstall - game is faulty - wg have to fix

Different systems, different functions and different structures. Unfortunately in these circumstances, not all computers are the same and one program may not run as effectively on one machine as another and with time, changes and updates files will become outdated and corrupted for particular machines. As a result, fresh installs are generally recommended as you remove outdated and corrupted files. This isn't unique to WoWS, you will also find such problems with things as critical as say windows 10. It's why microsoft recommends fresh installs for major windows 10 updates.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
51 posts
28 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Different systems, different functions and different structures. Unfortunately in these circumstances, not all computers are the same and one program may not run as effectively on one machine as another and with time, changes and updates files will become outdated and corrupted for particular machines. As a result, fresh installs are generally recommended as you remove outdated and corrupted files. This isn't unique to WoWS, you will also find such problems with things as critical as say windows 10. It's why microsoft recommends fresh installs for major windows 10 updates.

And you sound like one of Bill Gates / Microsoft bad excuses - and it seams like you cant find the problem and then throw the monkey at the players. At my place the problem emerged after update 0.8.9 - bad coding / faulty game.

I did not install a new game / kind of software, i updated a game / software. If my Windows malfunction after an update i serdently expect MS to find a solution to make it work properly - SAME FOR WG with wows.

(i go for the ball, not the man)

 

.... /._ /..._ /. //  ._ // _. /.. /_._. /. // _.. /. /. /_._ /. /_. /_.. // ._._.

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RBMF]
Moderator
1,020 posts
7,656 battles
10 hours ago, gnist0s said:

And you sound like one of Bill Gates / Microsoft bad excuses - and it seams like you cant find the problem and then throw the monkey at the players. At my place the problem emerged after update 0.8.9 - bad coding / faulty game.

I did not install a new game / kind of software, i updated a game / software. If my Windows malfunction after an update i serdently expect MS to find a solution to make it work properly - SAME FOR WG with wows.

(i go for the ball, not the man)

There are 10 sorts of people. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

 

You say it's a poor excuse, but that is exactly why microsoft now don't roll out updates for everyone at the same time. They do it bit by bit to ensure stability across a variety of different systems and it is not just limited to your CPU manufacturer. There is a lot more going on, a LOT more to allow for an opportunity to spot bugs and problems with different systems early on. The same logic can be applied everywhere, for example your WoWS client has a bug. Mine doesn't and judging by the forums this is not an issue affecting a majority of users. Therefore it is fair to assume the problem lies with your client/system. 

 

And now back to facts, you expect microsoft to find and fix the problem same for WoWS. That's fair. But don't go arguing and blaming WoWS when you refuse to do something as simple as a fresh client install. It has worked and fixed the issue for other people and it could work for you but if you don't do it, it does not narrow down the options for fault does it? You're not exactly helping the support team or yourself and well, you can't help someone who doesn't want it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
206 posts

Same problem here,  tried running game integrity test ( next to the play button ) but it didn't help,  for the weekend if you don't want to re-install...........on windows 10 go......    CTRL-ALT-Del and sign-out ( only if you know your password) and back in again and it will be closed, only takes a few seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
51 posts
On 10/19/2019 at 1:05 PM, CptMinia said:

There are 10 sorts of people. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

 

You say it's a poor excuse, but that is exactly why microsoft now don't roll out updates for everyone at the same time. They do it bit by bit to ensure stability across a variety of different systems and it is not just limited to your CPU manufacturer. There is a lot more going on, a LOT more to allow for an opportunity to spot bugs and problems with different systems early on. The same logic can be applied everywhere, for example your WoWS client has a bug. Mine doesn't and judging by the forums this is not an issue affecting a majority of users. Therefore it is fair to assume the problem lies with your client/system. 

 

And now back to facts, you expect microsoft to find and fix the problem same for WoWS. That's fair. But don't go arguing and blaming WoWS when you refuse to do something as simple as a fresh client install. It has worked and fixed the issue for other people and it could work for you but if you don't do it, it does not narrow down the options for fault does it? You're not exactly helping the support team or yourself and well, you can't help someone who doesn't want it.

HMPFFFF - waisted 3½ hours on reinstalling damn wows ( JOKING)  :cap_haloween:

 

Used  ½ hour on checking out all the changes i have made to the interface and took a lot of screen dumps. Deleted the game, and to my surprice the uninstaller left the wows dir with 57 - fiftyseven - gb in it. All deleted (where all that garbage came from i have no idea).

Reinstalled the game, did some flipping forth and back between screendumps and game settings, and when i exic the game it worked - no delay or any trouble to make the game close correct,

tryed a few times more, pure JOY.  :cap_horn:

 

Logged in again and made some final ajustments to graphics and %&¤#¤&/((/¤   AND damn game wouldnt close correct!! Tryed 3 times, same result.

After banging the head against the wall severe times i got an idea. What changes did i made just before i closed the game after the correct close-down.

 

AND NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY:

When i had made changes to graphics, i left the game as follows: Full-screen windowed, RES 1920-1080 (grayed out), ASPECT AUTO (changed to this outomatic - look below) game close correctly with no problems.

My changes and what the game was adjusted too before reinstall - the settings giving problems: Full-screen, RES 1920-1080, ASPECT 16:9 game wont close and have to use taskmanager to close client and restart pc if i want to play again.

After the headbanging i set the graphis back to what was default after the reinstall: Full-screen windowed, RESOLUTION then get grayed out but still 1920-1080 and ASPECT change to AUTO.

Those of you having trouble, try change graphic settings as abowe and maybee you dont have to reinstall.

 

Now i have a clean install - but wonder if it was waisted time (no offence to anyone). As former systemoperator in the navy i know when to use time, and not to use excessive time on comps.

 

And for you captain O7 , will be listening next time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RBMF]
Moderator
1,020 posts
7,656 battles
6 minutes ago, gnist0s said:

HMPFFFF - waisted 3½ hours on reinstalling damn wows ( JOKING)  :cap_haloween:

 

Used  ½ hour on checking out all the changes i have made to the interface and took a lot of screen dumps. Deleted the game, and to my surprice the uninstaller left the wows dir with 57 - fiftyseven - gb in it. All deleted (where all that garbage came from i have no idea).

Reinstalled the game, did some flipping forth and back between screendumps and game settings, and when i exic the game it worked - no delay or any trouble to make the game close correct, tryed a few times more, pure JOY.  :cap_horn:

Logged in again and made some final ajustments to graphics and %&¤#¤&/((/¤(   AND damn game wouldnt close correct!! Tryed 3 times, same result.

After banging the head against the wall severe times i got an idea. What changes did i made just before i closed the game after the correct close-down.

 

AND NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY:

When i had made changes to graphics, i left the game as follows: Full-screen windowed, RES 1920-1080 (grayed out), ASPECT AUTO (chage to this outomatic - look below) game close correctly with no problems.

My changes and what the game was adjusted too before reinstall - the settings giving problems: Full-screen, RES 1920-1080, ASPECT 16:9 game wont close and have to use taskmanager to close client and restart pc if i want to play again.

After the headbanging i set the graphis back to what was default after the reinstall: Full-screen windowed, RESOLUTION then get grayed out but still 1920-1080 and ASPECT change to AUTO.

Those of you having trouble, try change graphic settings as abowe and maybee you dont have to reinstall.

 

Now i have a clean install - but wonder if it was waisted time (no offence to anyone). As former systemoperator in the navy i know when to use time, and not to use excessive time on comps.

 

And for you captain O7 , will be listening next time.

Hello,

          so you're saying that this issue was related to graphic settings for you right? Okay, good to know. 

 

Alternatively, you can also try the hotfix you can find here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/it/products/wows/hot-issues/27005/

 

Kind regards,

                        Minia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
612 posts
2,089 battles
1 hour ago, CptMinia said:

Hello,

          so you're saying that this issue was related to graphic settings for you right? Okay, good to know. 

 

Alternatively, you can also try the hotfix you can find here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/it/products/wows/hot-issues/27005/

 

Kind regards,

                        Minia

I'm getting an error downloading this file, total SNAFU from WG. You need to pull your finger out and release it as a proper Patch.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
206 posts

I had this problem, downloaded the " hotfix file"  ( extract them with yr favorite program)  dropped them in the main folder ................. takes about a minute to do!  working fine now!

 

@ 250swb  Your A/V could be blocking your download as there are two Bin  .exe files

 

 

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/hot-issues/27005/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NHOOD]
Players
74 posts
8,684 battles

I'm also having this issue and the port in general is incredibly buggy. If I play a game and then want to look at the last match or previous match results. Often clicking does nothing. Another problem is playing a match and then switching ships. It sticks on the captain from the previous ship. Appalling patch. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
51 posts

The hotfix didnt change anything, still hanging on game close so i stick to my change in graphic settings where it works.  Now works for me too - look my last.

 

Now i have to find out how to disable battle recording - had it not to save any recordings before reinstall, and forgot to check the files where i had done some editing:Smile_facepalm:

 

Found the old preferences.xml in the last disk back-up -  now zero replay and a nice weekend afterall  :cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×