Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Thanks_for_all_the_fish

Wishlist WoWs 2020

26 comments in this topic

Players
45 posts
13,695 battles

Hello everyone here, and hello WG (if you're here).

Those here for actual feedback, can ignore this bit.

First abit of background. I found this game thanks to Youtube, and mainly CCs like Jingles. It looked awesome. A game about WW1 and WW2 ship-to-ship combat? The history-buff in me cried "yes" and the 6-year old in me shouted "PLAY IT NOW!". As I started playing (this was in april 2018) this was all just reinforced. This game was AWESOME! Well...for a while. Thanks to having watched alot on Youtube about it, I knew about angling and ammo-choice and so on and that gave me an edge. Up until about Tier 5. Then I found out I was a noob HARD and had to "git good" as they say. This was also my first experience with the dark side of the game. (you know...the "u suck" comments and so on). Still, I continued to enjoy the game and gameplay and even found help among other players here. Check my history here on the forum to see what I mean. And I continue to enjoy the game to this day...mostly.

Now, as I'm sure has happened, alot of those reading this has checked my stats (and after reading this I'm sure MOST have). As you can see I've played mostly co-op. This is mainly because I'm VERY competitive and want to be the best help I can be to my team. And sadly, random doesn't let me do that. I had a serious scare one random game when my heart really started racing...so I'm not sure random or ranked is the best choice for my health.

Ok, on topic finally.

SO: I'm a PvE player who likes the game. Well damn, time for some feedback and/or suggestions...or rather a wishlist for the future, as it were.

First off: we don't need more ships. Really. Since I started we've been SWAMPED with new ships.

Having said that;

I want more CONTENT. More scenarios ranging from tier 5 atleast all the way to tier 10. And change the scenario of the week thing. Maybe if we have 4-5 scenarios per tier it'd make sense. I.E you want to play a t6 ship, the t6 scenario of the week is XXXXXXX. But if you want to play t7 the scenario of the week is YYYYYYY. And so on. This would require 3-6 scenarios PER TIER. Which would be great! If nothing else, atleast focus bringing the scenarios you HAD back in. Since WG is hell-bent on bringing subs into the game, maybe a scenario/week just about sub-warfare or ASW. I want to continue to enjoy the game, and want...NEED...more choices than co-op to do so.

So I wish WG'd make 2020 about content rather than ships.

Balance what is already in.

Fix bugs.

New maps.

New and/or brought back scenarios.

Achievements for PvE players (yes, even in co-op)

I'm sure I have more ideas but...can't think of them right now.

So, thanks for reading, it's going to be interesting to see what the response is...and keep trying to have fun,

So long and...

• Cool 11

Beta Tester
641 posts
10,766 battles

OP answer yourself this simple question:

How much are you willing to pay for possiblity of playing new operations?

Making premiums is the easiest way for WG to make money so they do it.

I do agree with you that more scenarios would be fine.

I do not agree that we don't need new ships. What we do not need is OP or broken ships.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,918 posts
10,304 battles
49 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Making premiums is the easiest way for WG to make money so they do it.

I do agree with you that more scenarios would be fine.

I do not agree that we don't need new ships. What we do not need is OP or broken ships.

A more indirect and user friendlier approach would be to have premium ships that are perfectly suited for operations.

Like the Richelieu in the T7 operation. 

Imagine that, but premium. 

• Cool 2

[COR3]
Players
1,109 posts
12,015 battles
25 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Tone, pretty pleeease?

tone down your expectations please.... :P

Maybe just maybe it will come...

[ONE2]
Players
3,024 posts
18,637 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

tone down your expectations please.... :P

Maybe just maybe it will come...

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,707 posts
6,404 battles
7 hours ago, Thanks_for_all_the_fish said:

So I wish WG'd make 2020 about content rather than ships.

Balance what is already in.

Fix bugs.

New maps.

New and/or brought back scenarios.

Achievements for PvE players (yes, even in co-op)

Absolutely 100% agree with your list - However, WG's management have said in Q & A's that they believe that they "must" release new ships (premium or ship-lines) every month or people will leave the game. I think they're wrong as the player-base here is mainly older than in most games (Reddit had a survey, think its 30-40yo) and we, as older gamers, don't need new shiny ships thrown at us every month to keep us playing.

• Cool 8

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,623 posts
8,300 battles

Hello OP,

great attitude. Thanks for it :)

I suggest (pun intended) you check and use our suggestion thread for these and other ideas you have.

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
588 posts
4,584 battles

What I would like to get in 2020?

Dutch ships.

Dutch ships that don't suck :Smile_hiding:  (I'm looking at you Friesland ...)

• Boring 2

Players
3,130 posts
9,054 battles

2020?

First is decide what is more important to you as a company.  Your players or your wallet. 

If it's your wallet then just carry on like your doing. :cap_tea:

Players
4,982 posts
245 battles

Hmm....

Coverting El2azer into a tier 10 cv premium!

yes.

Elrisistas.jpg.fda96a7cf6da69ebd47f1e776f4eb372.jpg

and commonwealth cruisers and pan asian ones too

• Funny 3

[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles

My wish for 2020:

- German Battlecruisers 

- British Battlecruisers 

- historical hulls for WW1 Ships (!) 

• Cool 4

[102]
Players
518 posts
3,623 battles

I'm quit happy about the game how it is right now. I don't have big complains or things that I'm missing. But if I have to wish for somethings:

- good and interesting submarine battles

- I still wish for an even better CV-system. A more complex 1.

- A holiday for the mapmakers to the Greece islands. that isn't Greece what we have now.

- More maps

- A good and happy year 2020 for all the people of WOWs. Devs, mods and players.

Players
8,435 posts
9,889 battles

More PvE operations, but without limited ship selection. If WG wants to "encourage" players to use specific ships, running repeatable challenge giving x bonuses alongside scenario would work just fine.

Also grow up a balls and include premiums into balancing routine, instead "we don't nerf premiums unless its global change" BS

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
1,023 posts
6,371 battles

Same as last years:

- Yugoslavian DD  Dubrovnik

- German battlecruiser and Light cruiser lines

That should be enough considering they wont arrive till 2025

• Cool 1

Players
45 posts
13,695 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I don't know. I'd say that perhaps the community already HAS payed for it and that it's not an outlandish request. After all, how much money do WG get each month from us thanks to sales of ships, boxes, flags and all the other stuff in the premium market?

And to clarify one thing...new content like new maps and new scenarios should NOT be behind a pay-wall. They should be added to everyone, so everyone could enjoy them.

Beta Tester
641 posts
10,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Thanks_for_all_the_fish said:

I don't know. I'd say that perhaps the community already HAS payed for it and that it's not an outlandish request. After all, how much money do WG get each month from us thanks to sales of ships, boxes, flags and all the other stuff in the premium market?

They do not "get" money from us, they "earn" it. As you pointed out we pay for ships, boxes, and all the other stuff. But when new stuff is introduced then we pay again and do not say that "give me I already payed for something else".

I agree that maps, missions, etc. should not be behind a paywall, so introducing premiums for use in operations could be a solution (as proposed by someone else in this thread).

Beta Tester
2,690 posts
6,913 battles

My list of things i wish that come in 2020:

-SMS Blücher

-More OPS of varying tiers

-Make some historical maps, not the current copy pasta ones in diferent colors. 

-Give some love to tiers 2/4 (more ships of the earlyer era) 

-Old T8 Fubuki premium (personal optimistic preference) 

-IJN Kitakami (for steel) :Smile_hiding:

-IJN Tosa

-IJN Yamashiro

-IJN Hyuga or Ise (BB) 

-IJN Oi

-IJN Satsuma (protected cruiser similar to Aurora) 

-JRN Split

-A game general in depth overhaul prior to patch 1.0

I'll edit in more if i come up with any more. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
5,268 posts
10,269 battles
4 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

A more indirect and user friendlier approach would be to have premium ships that are perfectly suited for operations.

Like the Richelieu in the T7 operation. 

Imagine that, but premium. 

Cossack.

Players
5,268 posts
10,269 battles

And besides having more operations, I'd also like for WG to stop deleting my replay files. They can but the choose to not stop.

And fix the slow ui, it's slowly becoming more like it was before WG started fixing it.

But I also would like them to continu working on the toxicity like they do ingame and this seems to be working really well thus far. But the forums can still use a bit more help here, as can a certain twitch channel which I feel is getting ignored. I mean what's the point of rules if a CC can choose to selectively take a dump on you and get away with it?

I like the idea of the british cruiser split, but I'd love to see some of the more popularly awaited splits like for instance the IJN, RN and German battlecruisers.

And I'd like for WG to make combatting DDs easier for the remaining classes to make it not as bad when all your DDs decide to suicide within the first 4 minutes or so so the rest of the team has better chance to utilize skill instead of getting outspotted and farmed for the remains of the match.

DDs have too much influence on the battle right now and the adverse effect is when your DDs perish early. Clearly the BB AP nerf has not helped with this for one bit, it's the players and not the ships.

Other than that, I like many aspects of WoWS and I (still) think it's a good solid game overall.

Players
1,707 posts
6,404 battles
4 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

-Old T8 Fubuki premium (personal optimistic preference) 

I'm a whale so this may mean nothing to WG as I buy everything anyway but I'd buy the living crap outta that ship - My first "Ship-Love" of the game, absolutely loved that thing!

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
143 posts
9,366 battles
8 hours ago, IanH755 said:

So

Absolutely 100% agree with your list - However, WG's management have said in Q & A's that they believe that they "must" release new ships (premium or ship-lines) every month or people will leave the game. I think they're wrong as the player-base here is mainly older than in most games (Reddit had a survey, think its 30-40yo) and we, as older gamers, don't need new shiny ships thrown at us every month to keep us playing.

I agree with you!

Being an old gamer I dont need shiny new toys all the time. Rather I can feel  sometimes that I just want to play the game for the enjoyment of it. It can feel almost stressful with the new events coming like pearls on a string. I can feel I dont want to grind for the end reward, but I cannot ignore it either. 😊

And there is a part of me looking forward to the next event too. Especially the sprints!

Players
3,289 posts
15,267 battles
5 hours ago, BlackYeti said:

My wishlist:

1. No subs

2. No subs

3. No subs

4. Make Operations Great Again

5. No subs

+100

*WILD APPLAUSE*

Never mind all those plays that Shakespeare wrote - this is true poetry in the English language!

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this