Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Srle_Vigilante

Planes get smokes now?

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[XTREM]
Players
683 posts
11,741 battles

Yes, that is a graphical bug, BUT:  

 

 

As early as WWI and also happened in WWII. 

So.

2nd ''Support'' CV line when? Hey, WG planted the seed, not me :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,690 posts
6,913 battles

Soo, WG finnaly testing out the aircraft smoke consumable huh. :cap_book:

tetra.gif.d9bc7bf4ba23a42fb9e07fc88bb51258.gif

 

Edit: Lel got ninjad by @Miragetank90 :Smile-_tongue:

 

Edited by Major_Damage225
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,615 posts
10,809 battles
8 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Honestly can’t tell on this forum anymore if this is serious or sarcasm... enlighten us please.

I hope that this is a joke... I am a history buff and can find no reference to the use of smoke by aircraft whilst on Bombing Missions, Torpedo Runs or Rocket Attacks...

 

The only time you saw an aircraft smoking was when it was on fire or had been hit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,213 posts
11,133 battles
56 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I hope that this is a joke... I am a history buff and can find no reference to the use of smoke by aircraft whilst on Bombing Missions, Torpedo Runs or Rocket Attacks...

 

The only time you saw an aircraft smoking was when it was on fire or had been hit...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/hero-d-day-pilot-last-surviving-light-bomber-who-laid-down-smokescreen-for-invading-troops-dies-aged-9275175.html%3famp

 

I mean sure the link doesnt prove that it was used for naval combat but the fact that planes can drop smoke and did drop smoke during D-days show that it could have been used in naval combat.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,639 posts
16,058 battles

Didn't I read somewhere WG are actually planning air dropped smoke screens to give CV players something else to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
2,804 posts
12,311 battles

They are thinking about a support class, apparently, with smokescreens and heals. They'd be better off making Air Support ones, focusing on fighter bombers, air defence and spotting. I think the current CV play mechanics could support the return of strafing.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,615 posts
10,809 battles
3 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

They are thinking about a support class, apparently, with smokescreens and heals. They'd be better off making Air Support ones, focusing on fighter bombers, air defence and spotting. I think the current CV play mechanics could support the return of strafing.... 

But isn't that RTS?

Not a CV main so if I am wrong...sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
301 posts
6,770 battles
9 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Soo, WG finnaly testing out the aircraft smoke consumable huh. :cap_book:

That is not a smoke generator is a plane that is carrying Snoop Dogg with 1 ton of "raw smoke material".

GIB SNOOP DOGG special smoke captain !!!

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,615 posts
10,809 battles
1 minute ago, VanD4rk said:

That is not a smoke generator is a plane that is carrying Snoop Dogg with 1 ton of "raw smoke material".

GIB SNOOP DOGG special smoke captain !!!

Green smoke? :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
2,804 posts
12,311 battles
17 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

But isn't that RTS?

Not a CV main so if I am wrong...sorry.

Yes, but the current CV mechanics are actually better for strafing than they were in RTS... a little more skill would be required.  With proper limits, it could help fix all the complaints about farming and lack of response to CV attacks. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
2,623 posts
8,300 battles

the best support CV class would be,

putting World of warplanes players individually on CVs

may be 5 of them.. in their attack planes.. to provide areal coverage and defense of enemy bombers.

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
13 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

the best support CV class would be,

putting World of warplanes players individually on CVs

may be 5 of them.. in their attack planes.. to provide areal coverage and defense of enemy bombers.

 

There is only 1 problem....

 

Good luck finding 5 World of Warplanes players :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
2,623 posts
8,300 battles
1 minute ago, Bellegar said:

There is only 1 problem....

 

Good luck finding 5 World of Warplanes players :Smile_trollface:

you know what,

There were very hardcore WOWP players out there once.

most of them dropped the game because of the declining population and the decisions made by WG to increase that population

If you put them in wows somehow

it will be an amazing refreshment for them

and a whole new level of gameplay..

But I don't know If my idea is feasable or not :)

on the other hand, I would really like a division member up in the air.. in an individual fighter plane.

Especially in the late game scenarios..

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,982 posts
245 battles
12 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Honestly can’t tell on this forum anymore if this is serious or sarcasm... enlighten us please.

Obviously its our lord and saviour smoll2azer rekting peeps so hard he actually starts crossing into other matches.

 

oh and his smoke thing too.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
13 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

you know what,

There were very hardcore WOWP players out there once.

most of them dropped the game because of the declining population and the decisions made by WG to increase that population

If you put them in wows somehow

it will be an amazing refreshment for them

and a whole new level of gameplay..

But I don't know If my idea is feasable or not :)

on the other hand, I would really like a division member up in the air.. in an individual fighter plane.

Especially in the late game scenarios..

I would definately play it:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
23 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

you know what,

There were very hardcore WOWP players out there once.

most of them dropped the game because of the declining population and the decisions made by WG to increase that population

I know, I was one of them :Smile_Default:

 

I actually like the idea. I'd definately give it a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
2,623 posts
8,300 battles
15 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

I would definately play it:cap_like:

 

4 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

I know, I was one of them :Smile_Default:

 

I actually like the idea. I'd definately give it a shot.

I've been thinking about it a lot for a while..

now they've implemented tps for plane view,

its all there for it.. just put individual planes on carriers.. or land bases..

a seperate MM for them.. 3vs3 5vs5 does not matter.. but put real people in the match for actual air defense that relies on individual human skill.

Yeah it may open an anormous can of worms, but they can save a dying game with it, and keep a very loyal and very sad players happy again.

They can even close the WOWp servers and integrate planes into the wows completely.
game is there, mechanics are there.. I honestly think it can be doable :) and would be amazingly good for the game

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OP]
Players
102 posts
15,099 battles

They did think about combining tanks/ships/planes many years ago - but Warthunder got there first and with the awesome crash and burn that was World of Planes it's never going to happen. Also their servers can't handle more than 15/20 ships per side if I recall a recent Q&A correctly.

If you go dig through the WoT Forums about (5? years ago) there's lots of threads along the lines of great idea/bad idea.

 

WG design their entire game around lowest common denominator - whether that be speed of your PC or in game thingybobs. So having your division mate in a plane with voice comms may seem like a great idea the reality will be a swarm of kamikaze blue bottles on speed all screaming 'noobest team ever' 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
3,652 posts
14,384 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

the best support CV class would be,

putting World of warplanes players individually on CVs

may be 5 of them.. in their attack planes.. to provide areal coverage and defense of enemy bombers.

 

Well...

54 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

There is only 1 problem....

 

Good luck finding 5 World of Warplanes players :Smile_trollface:

...exactly. Although i am one of them. :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
3 minutes ago, Khitan said:

They did think about combining tanks/ships/planes many years ago - but Warthunder got there first and with the awesome crash and burn that was World of Planes it's never going to happen. Also their servers can't handle more than 15/20 ships per side if I recall a recent Q&A correctly.

If you go dig through the WoT Forums about (5? years ago) there's lots of threads along the lines of great idea/bad idea.

 

WG design their entire game around lowest common denominator - whether that be speed of your PC or in game thingybobs. So having your division mate in a plane with voice comms may seem like a great idea the reality will be a swarm of kamikaze blue bottles on speed all screaming 'noobest team ever' 

Yeah, that was the original idea. Three games (Tanks, Planes and Battleships, as Ships was then called) integrated into one big battle.

But that was a loooongg time ago. Planes was just barely released and they hadn't even started working on Ships yet. Only the idea was there.

 

I feel old now :cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
7 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Well...

...exactly. Although i am one of them. :Smile_hiding:

You still play that thing? :cap_wander_2:

 

I went back to try the 2.0 thingy, but was bored again quickly. Like I said, I was one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×