Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Lupastro_

Thank you WoWs (WG) staff...

18 comments in this topic

Players
283 posts
5,805 battles

We are used to read many complaints on this forum, often made with good intent to improve the game, often just whining. this time I really want to thank the staff of WoWs and WG for the efforts made to give us always new opportunities and ways to have fun, clan battles, ranked, events (I really like the one of Halloween) and finally the new Italian line.

As an Italian player I am really happy to be able to use the ships of our beloved navy, as Italian community we greatly appreciate the effort!

Thank you staff, developer, CC, tester and so on...:cap_like:

• Cool 21
  • Funny 2

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles

here I fixed it for you - "Thank you staff, developer, CC, tester and so on...for putting Smolensk on the servers in spite of the overwhelming voice of players  that the ship is absolutely broken, for the Double CV games etc.."

• Funny 7
  • Boring 4

Players
2,226 posts
11,142 battles
3 hours ago, rilship said:

here I fixed it for you - "Thank you staff, developer, CC, tester and so on...for putting Smolensk on the servers in spite of the overwhelming voice of players  that the ship is absolutely broken, for the Double CV games etc.."

1 hour ago, Palubarac said:

*** Sponsored post. ***

Ah the typical WG complaint posts. So how much did Gai.....sorry, how much did WG's "competitor" pay you guys.

[BYOB]
Players
3,944 posts
16,717 battles

I think that undifferentiated praise has no place anywhere, as it fails to give the right people their due.

Take the community team, they have a hard and thankless job of keeping the mob players calm. And with people like me around it isn't easy (I can talk spreadsheet too).

Another underappreciated team, are the people responsible for the models. For an arcade game the models are just gorgeous. I wanted an Enterprise just to stare on her deck (honi soit qui mal y pense).

But then you also have the people responsible for some really bad stuff. Look at the CV rework, in exactly three months it will be one year old. That went well, right? How often has the community communicated that something isn't right and been brushed off? How often was it necessary to keep yammering on just to fix things that should have been fixed before? Yorck AP anyone? Blyskawica had to wait 2-2,5 years for a simple balance buff to compensate for the stealth fire nerf.

This is a great game. There is really nothing like it on the market. WG is not a single entity, it has some great people working for it, people I respect, even if I don't always agree with them. But it also has people who should be fired for cause in my opinion. And we should recognize that.

• Cool 10

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts

The look and feel of game is fantastic and clearly WG staff work their nuts off, there are a lot of good points, but sadly many bad points that sour the whole experience, WG is Russian Biased, do make absurd decisions e.g putting prem cvs out so soon after an ill conceived and still unresolved cv rework.

Instead of getting the basics right which would kill most complaints and would probably get people to buy more stuff, we’re flooded with more op ships, subs, AA reworks etc,etc,etc, in short WG bring all the criticism on themselves.

WG really needs to sit down, think and interact with us before having the next brain fart.  E.g Did it not realise that introducing he spamming cruisers would push BB’s back, or that the cv rework and radar rework would almost kill off DD’s ?.

Beta Tester
641 posts
10,831 battles

Isn't it normall that when you have an organization you will find people from all the spectrum?

The things we do not know are if developers are even agreeing with some of the stuff that is in the game. There is a chance that mighty spreadsheet has rule over them and they are just his slaves. As everywhere they are not allowed to talk about it but game industry has it dark sides just like everything else.

So kudos to people who do decent job and rot in hell to all who deserves that.

P.S. Anyone knows how many people works for WG?

• Cool 2

[COR3]
Players
1,112 posts
12,056 battles
6 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

The things we do not know are if developers are even agreeing with some of the stuff that is in the game. There is a chance that mighty spreadsheet has rule over them and they are just his slaves. As everywhere they are not allowed to talk about it but game industry has it dark sides just like everything else.

Of course, if you develop a product you do not always have to agree with everything in the Product but the overall vision and responsibility rests with other heads than the Poor Staff on the Community Team or in the Development Team. Sometimes it even is jsut shortsighted player outlash that will go away over time. (Remember how you never could play T7 ever again when Belfast released? Or how RPF would destroy everything? Heck we still have the Wooster Balanse meme on our Discord and do not get me started on EVIL OP STALIN)

It will iron out in some way form or Fashion.

9 hours ago, rilship said:

Overwhelming Feedback from Testers was this thing is not so okay as it is. Its still in so on some level was a decision made that said its okaish enough.

What else can you do we now have to live with it. :)

Still i find the idea of thanks and cheers for the hard work of the Community Team and Developers on the Game a nice one. One does not have to agree with everything they do but you can be at least thankful that they do it, no?

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,677 posts
9 hours ago, rilship said:

23 battles in T10 in a zao and 1 battle in a BB at tier 9 and already a crying whiner. :Smile_teethhappy: Maybe stick to your level....about T4 by the looks.

• Bad 2

[THESO]
Players
847 posts
6,963 battles
12 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

23 battles in T10 in a zao and 1 battle in a BB at tier 9 and already a crying whiner. :Smile_teethhappy: Maybe stick to your level....about T4 by the looks.

Says the one with hidden stats...

Anyway, stats are not important when voicing an opinion. This is purely ad hominem....

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Players
2,677 posts
5 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

Says the one with hidden stats...

Anyway, stats are not important when voicing an opinion. This is purely ad hominem....

:Smile_veryhappy: I am not the one whining about the game, ships whatever in a thread where a guy who loves the game puts in a positive post to WG. Makes a bloody change from all the negativity.  I would suggest that stats are important when you are crying about a ship you probably have hardly seen in game let alone played in it. 

edit -  but as usual, if someone says anything that goes against the general thought then he is shouted down and ridiculed. 

• Boring 1

Players
283 posts
5,805 battles
1 ora fa, The_Reichtangle ha scritto:

Still i find the idea of thanks and cheers for the hard work of the Community Team and Developers on the Game a nice one. One does not have to agree with everything they do but you can be at least thankful that they do it, no?

This.. 

Easy..

No other meanings.

We all know that game has problems, MM, balance, Smolensk, blah blah blah and so on...

No one said "Oh wow it's perfect! Is this paradise?"

Just appreciate the effort and the development of Italian navy that was missing..

Cheers

• Cool 3

[COR3]
Players
1,112 posts
12,056 battles

Yeah, that brightend my day.

Now i can work. And when i get home i will rage over my great team mates. With renewed Fury. :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

Players
3,130 posts
9,068 battles
8 hours ago, Aragathor said:

This is a great game. There is really nothing like it on the market. WG is not a single entity, it has some great people working for it, people I respect, even if I don't always agree with them. But it also has people who should be fired for cause in my opinion. And we should recognize that.

This ^^^.

However, i wouldn't say "great" anymore. But your right, their is nothing like it on the market and they know that.

The people working in the background do a great job, fantastic job in fact and some of the ship models are mouth watering. However, it's the marketing and balance department (or the same thing it appears) which is a cause of major concern. 

But they can only do what they can do with a metaphoric gun pointed at their head.

I'm sure they sit there and go "this isnt right, this ship isnt right for the game" but they need to eat like the rest of us. 

OP, i think you are happy because your native ship line has just come out....

[SRW]
Players
1,470 posts
7,024 battles

Well, now getting more specific...

There are a lot of ppl working on WOWs (forgot if it was in the 400s or 600s employees) and most of them do an amazing job, no doubt of that. Building such ship models from old blueprints, black and white photos etc. is quite challenging and the results are stunning. The art department also does a great job. I don't necessarily like some things and don't think they should be a part of WOWs (Halloween camos for example) but looking objectively at them from an artist standpoint.. they rock.

The guys on the streams, forums etc. are like a 'front line' taking most of the BS which should actually be focused on others but that's how it works everywhere. 

The marketing team... well, that's a whole other story. A lot of false advertising. Not sure who is responsible for the lootboxes and other BS which is ruining the game but those guys are shooting the other few hundreds in the knee, no matter what the spreadsheets say.

So it's hard to have one opinion and say "WG sucks" or "WG rocks". Too many people and too many teams working differently and affecting different aspects of the game.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,780 posts
3,411 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

P.S. Anyone knows how many people works for WG?

It was on the birthday stream.

I think they said 300 of those work on game content, dev's, modellers. artists etc.

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
3 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

Look better troll

Sign in to follow this