You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Sunray in the Darkness - harder modes

14 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
7,540 posts
8,134 battles

So, we not only have hard mode, we even have Superhardmode this year. First of all, i havent played them yet, didnt have time and not enough people around anyway. We just tried the normal difficulty once to see if anything changed. For me it felt the same.

But what ofc did change, we have no CV anymore. Last time with Hard mode, the CV was essential to win the OP (imo). You needed a decent CV, who dished out damage and could heal the fleet AND stun enemies with his ability.

Now we dont have a CV, did they make it easier? Atleast normal difficulty looked the same as ever. Can you even do it without a CV? Maybe hardmode, but the Superhard mode? Not sure if they actually thought about it...

Would be interesting to hear, when anyone tries the hard/Superhard mode and tells us how it went :cap_like:

And question to @Crysantos @MrConway

Did they change anything regarding the difficulty? Or is it exactly like it was last year?

• Cool 7

[CAIN]
Players
3,651 posts
14,384 battles

No idea why the CV was removed.  

I'll be playing the Halloween OPS this weekend on my stream, i hope i can assemble the Avengers a team so i don't have to rely on random players.

• Funny 1

Players
160 posts
1,517 battles

Me thinks it was a slap dash affair while they focus on WeeGees new submersible Waifu alongside the new game mode where we can get yet another post apocalyptic DD skin (because their isn't enough of those already)

Apparently copying and pasting the... already... working.. Lexington... Halloween... skin onto the Nobilium and just removing the Halloween only ship skills or having them applied by the planes similar to how the fighter mechanic works instead is beyond WG... (not bitter at all CV's got shafted with no skins or even being able to take part in yet another event - so much for year of the CV eh.)

So no, they didn't think it through.

[NWP]
Players
7,540 posts
8,134 battles
5 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Not sure either... Maybe it was just easier?

2 minutes ago, DeviousDave02 said:

So no, they didn't think it through.

Not only that, but as i said, a CV was absolutely essential to get a 5 star win in the hard mode last year. I dont know any good team that didnt take a CV. So im not even sure if its doable without a CV. Lets assume, 7 Superunicums can pull it off (which would be rediculous already) what about the Superhardmode?

And that you can start those OPs with 4 guys must be some kind of cruel joke :cap_haloween:

[CROCO]
Players
1,375 posts
8,110 battles

I really loved to use the CV in the scenario (Nobilium?) It felt I had a quite good responsability with the entire team. I used the cv as a battle carrier (Max out secondaries) and I kept an eye on the entire team. Activating the heal when any of our ships was low on hp and spreading out the consumable which disables enemy ships. Usually I used them all from 3 mins before the portal would be closed to the very end.

I will miss being so useful to the team.

• Cool 5

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
533 posts
5,836 battles

@DFens_666 I bet they removed the CV because they weren’t able to code Nobilium to not have auto-consumables :cap_book:

• Funny 9

Players
5,268 posts
10,269 battles

4 stars thus far.

Sunray is not the same, but most noticably because of the impossibility to mount any upgrades this year.

When speedboost runs out, Urashima feels like a brick because it lack the ruddershift, acceleration and speedboost upgrades. And the 100kn speedboost 2019 feels kinda wonky, it was not this extreme last year.

The noticeable good thing about this is that it has become easier to travel across the map now, so changes to gameplay are in order.

And of course now more of my modules break (especially turrets).

I think 5 stars is doable.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
7,540 posts
8,134 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Sunray is not the same, but most noticably because of the impossibility to mount any upgrades this year.

Yeah, thats actually a good point, one i dont understand either? Did most players not mount any Modules previously? Are we supposed to not spend credits?

1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I think 5 stars is doable.

Which difficulty are we talking here?

Sadly, i couldnt play today, because my Windows f***ed itself, so i had to start a clean install :etc_red_button:

Players
1,615 posts
10,809 battles

@NothingButTheRain I got tired of trying to get a single star... 12 games yesterday and nobody understands how to play the game... even in easy mode... the kids just fly off in all directions and before you know it the game is over...

@DFens_666 I am pretty sure that I remember being able to mount upgrades to the ships... if I am wrong I can blame my age :Smile_veryhappy:

Players
5,268 posts
10,269 battles
3 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

@NothingButTheRain I got tired of trying to get a single star... 12 games yesterday and nobody understands how to play the game... even in easy mode... the kids just fly off in all directions and before you know it the game is over...

So far I've gotten Saving (n, h, sh) 5,5,4. And Sunray (n,h,sh) 4,4,4, but it's possible I've received 5 stars for the easier Sunray's and didn't write it down.

Btw, writing them down is an easy way to remember how many stars I've received for which exact ops so I don't accidentally 5-star one ops for a second time and don't have to waste extra time redoing ops I don't need to do again for no good reason :Smile-_tongue:

Players
5,268 posts
10,269 battles
11 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Yeah, thats actually a good point, one i dont understand either? Did most players not mount any Modules previously? Are we supposed to not spend credits?

The upgrades were your own choice to install and after the halloween ships were removed from the port, the upgrades would be demounted for free and put into your inventory.

I have no idea how many people mounted the upgrades but I sure as heck did :Smile_great:

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,997 posts
22,265 battles
22 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Maybe it was too filthy? :Smile_veryhappy:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,996 posts
3,121 battles

On 10/17/2019 at 4:26 PM, DFens_666 said:

So, we not only have hard mode, we even have Superhardmode this year. First of all, i havent played them yet, didnt have time and not enough people around anyway. We just tried the normal difficulty once to see if anything changed. For me it felt the same.

But what ofc did change, we have no CV anymore. Last time with Hard mode, the CV was essential to win the OP (imo). You needed a decent CV, who dished out damage and could heal the fleet AND stun enemies with his ability.

Now we dont have a CV, did they make it easier? Atleast normal difficulty looked the same as ever. Can you even do it without a CV? Maybe hardmode, but the Superhard mode? Not sure if they actually thought about it...

Would be interesting to hear, when anyone tries the hard/Superhard mode and tells us how it went :cap_like:

And question to @Crysantos @MrConway

Did they change anything regarding the difficulty? Or is it exactly like it was last year?

Yes, there were some tweaks made to compensate for missing CVs.

The modes were tested on super hard and both of them were completed in super hard. BUT, since it was super hard, this was not done often and not by many people :P

It is possible, but - SUPER HARD. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1