You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tunxeri

Steam logging in with WGA

7 comments in this topic

[SATOR]
Players
2 posts

Having trouble with logging into the game with wargaming account (playing trough steam cuz I like to not have many launchers).

How it used to be possible was to rename steam_api files from "World of Warships" -folder and then I could get login screen after launching game

But now when I try to launch game in steam it just says "starting game" and then nothing happens, after I undo renaming specifically steam_api64.dll files, the game launches but I need to create a new account (for steam version).

This needed to be done after every update.

So after update 0.8.9 this stopped working and I wanted to ask for advice if maybe others have the same issue.

Now I realize that this was not an official fix by any means so this might never work again.

[COR3]
Players
1,112 posts
12,047 battles

You all could simply manually make  a list entry in the Steam Library Click on Add Game look for your WOWS Folder pick the client you want to use regular is in the normal folder the 64bit Version is a bit more hidden.

That said this entry will never change even if you Update the Client and does not requiere you to take actions like renaming and filing stuff in Steam API Files.

Just saying. Why break a leg if Steam has this as a Feature?

1. Launch Steam.
  2. Click the Games menu, choose Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
  3. Browse for games on your computer or put a check next to the game(s) you wish to add to the Library.
  4. Click on "Add Selected Programs".

Players
5 posts
582 battles
On 10/18/2019 at 6:09 AM, The_Reichtangle said:

You all could simply manually make  a list entry in the Steam Library Click on Add Game look for your WOWS Folder pick the client you want to use regular is in the normal folder the 64bit Version is a bit more hidden.

That said this entry will never change even if you Update the Client and does not requiere you to take actions like renaming and filing stuff in Steam API Files.

Just saying. Why break a leg if Steam has this as a Feature?

1. Launch Steam.
  2. Click the Games menu, choose Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
  3. Browse for games on your computer or put a check next to the game(s) you wish to add to the Library.
  4. Click on "Add Selected Programs".

The whole point of wanting to have the game on your steam account and not an external one is because the external one's hours are not counter nor do you get features such as community and discussions.

[COR3]
Players
1,112 posts
12,047 battles
16 hours ago, venomtail said:

The whole point of wanting to have the game on your steam account and not an external one is because the external one's hours are not counter nor do you get features such as community and discussions.

That was not the point for the question but yeah thanks.

And that was also described in the post but thank your for describing it agasin