Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wedontneedmoregrippen

SAP and saturated BBs

17 comments in this topic

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,095 posts
22,974 battles
10 minutes ago, Wedontneedmoregrippen said:

What happen if BB superstructure is saturated and shelling cruiser don't have dot (uses SAP or AP only) capable ammo?

That BB will immune dmg that cruiser (looks to Kremlin and her oversized armor)?

Then you will feel like Asashio in 3 BB game.

• Funny 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,664 posts
8,349 battles

somebody even shared a training room video in the past,

a bow tanking yamato with 5K hp left, and a mino just firing and firing and firing from the bow for 0 damage.. for mins..

That is working as intended..

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
7,558 posts
8,150 battles
24 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

somebody even shared a training room video in the past,

a bow tanking yamato with 5K hp left, and a mino just firing and firing and firing from the bow for 0 damage.. for mins..

That is working as intended..

Atleast all others could theoratically kill it with AP overpens, as overpens still deal damage on saturated areas (this only shows, that pens dealing 0 damage is stupid, and actually should deal overpen damage regardless). But with RN CLs, this gets even worse, as they cant really overpen even BB superstructure. Normal AP has a bit more room for that.

• Cool 1

Players
6,361 posts
7,550 battles
45 minutes ago, Wedontneedmoregrippen said:

What happen if BB superstructure is saturated and shelling cruiser don't have dot (uses SAP or AP only) capable ammo?

That BB will immune dmg that cruiser (looks to Kremlin and her oversized armor)?

You still have those 3 torps per side on Venezia that do about as much damage as a bowl of wet spaghetti.

• Funny 2

Modder
1,859 posts
12,846 battles

From testing the italian ships two months, I can say that you are rather helpless against BBs with low superstructure.

If you see a russian BB, run away. :Smile_trollface:

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,664 posts
8,349 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

From testing the italian ships two months, I can say that you are rather helpless against BBs with low superstructure.

If you see a russian BB, run away. :Smile_trollface:

as a humble man in love with my venezia, I can say the same thing..

but when you see a montana or even better a GK...

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
737 posts
7,944 battles

Slight thread drift, but yesterday I got a "set on fire" ribbon with a Leander (not sure if from a shell or a torp strike).

Is this a bug, or is there a fire chance with AP?

Edit: lol, just noticed I had a single secondary hit. I guess that was HE with 100% fire chance!

Well, there's your answer for Italian cruisers: close to boarding range and let your secondaries do the work your main guns can't...

Leander fire.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,938 posts
16,691 battles

Just had a DD charge my T5 Montecuccoli, could do no damage with SAP. Bounce, bounce, and then he torped me point blank.

This is beyond stupid. He was not saturated.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
7,558 posts
8,150 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Just had a DD charge my T5 Montecuccoli, could do no damage with SAP. Bounce, bounce, and then he torped me point blank.

This is beyond stupid. He was not saturated.

There are basicly 2 problems:

Either is OP, or UP. If you could damage the DD from every angle, it would be OP, because sAP is much stronger than HE (and even stronger than AP for that matter). But since they didnt do that, its UP because you can just rush it fully bow on and you cant do anything about it.

Just dumb...

• Cool 1

Players
716 posts
10,683 battles
40 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

There are basicly 2 problems:

Either is OP, or UP. If you could damage the DD from every angle, it would be OP, because sAP is much stronger than HE (and even stronger than AP for that matter). But since they didnt do that, its UP because you can just rush it fully bow on and you cant do anything about it.

Just dumb...

Totally called that this will be detrimental to the line from the moment the first initial stats were released I knew this entire line was ruined... I'll just have to keep enjoying a proper Italian Cruiser the Duca D'Aosta!

Sign in to follow this