Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spearhawk1969

Need a bit of advice...

29 comments in this topic

Players
82 posts
1,003 battles

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME...I play CV....

Lets just all calm down and grab a cold one....or two...

I need a hand in understanding how to get silver, except from buying dubloons and converting them

I am not an awesome player, I play for fun.

I have a Lex, I have all modules....

so....

Question, I see captains being for sale, which one would be "best" for my Lexington and later Midway?

Question, How would I go about earning the best silver? Go back with another captain and run Ranger battles?

Is there a way to BUY for dubloons or real money, the buffs(flags, camo etc) required to earn enough silver material etc?

I am on the verge of having enough xp to buy Midway, but the silver is going to take me another 120 games or so, and thats

only for stock Midway, adding the modules will prob be another 200 games or so...

so I am asking for advice... what to do? what captain to buy?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,848 posts
9,195 battles

Can't help you with captains since I'm myself notoriously bad at using my unique captains, and definitely none of them on CVs.

For credit earning you have a fair number of options. The free ones are few though:

• Play tier 6 to 8 ships depending on your performance. If you struggle to make decent profit at tier 8, move down to 7 or 6.
  • Use Zulu signals on those ships you feel comfortable with and which tend to net you the most credits.
  • Use camos with credit bonuses sparingly since they are generally more scarce.

If you are willing to spend doubloons/money:

• Depending on how often you play, premium account status can be one of your best credit making tools.
  • Investing in a premium ship that you don't mind playing a lot and can perform decently with is a great long term investment even if you don't play that often. Tier 8 premium ships are still one of the best credit making tools. They can be combined with premium account and signals to give you even more bang for your play time. Even lower tier premiums give you good rewards, just not at the same level of tier 8+ premiums.
  • Getting a permanent camo for a tier 10 ship can be a great alternative to a premium ship. But that doesn't help you get the credits to buy said tier 10. Permanent camo for a tier 9 ship isn't bad either, but not quite as potent.
  • If you are going to spend doubloons/money on any consumable credit multipliers I would go for Zulu signals unless you already have plenty. The special economy signals are great, but they are also significantly more expensive/rare.

If only the game allowed trading between players, I could give you some of my 2000 Zulu and 500 Wyvern signals :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 3

Players
82 posts
1,003 battles
58 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Can't help you with captains since I'm myself notoriously bad at using my unique captains, and definitely none of them on CVs.

For credit earning you have a fair number of options. The free ones are few though:

• Play tier 6 to 8 ships depending on your performance. If you struggle to make decent profit at tier 8, move down to 7 or 6.
  • Use Zulu signals on those ships you feel comfortable with and which tend to net you the most credits.
  • Use camos with credit bonuses sparingly since they are generally more scarce.

If you are willing to spend doubloons/money:

• Depending on how often you play, premium account status can be one of your best credit making tools.
  • Investing in a premium ship that you don't mind playing a lot and can perform decently with is a great long term investment even if you don't play that often. Tier 8 premium ships are still one of the best credit making tools. They can be combined with premium account and signals to give you even more bang for your play time. Even lower tier premiums give you good rewards, just not at the same level of tier 8+ premiums.
  • Getting a permanent camo for a tier 10 ship can be a great alternative to a premium ship. But that doesn't help you get the credits to buy said tier 10. Permanent camo for a tier 9 ship isn't bad either, but not quite as potent.
  • If you are going to spend doubloons/money on any consumable credit multipliers I would go for Zulu signals unless you already have plenty. The special economy signals are great, but they are also significantly more expensive/rare.

If only the game allowed trading between players, I could give you some of my 2000 Zulu and 500 Wyvern signals :Smile_unsure:

Thank you kindly for your advice.

I did actually buy a perm camo...for a ship I have not even gotten to tier 1 with...I actually thought the camo was fopr any ship,

hehe, gives me reason to play that for a bit...

[SCRUB]
Players
3,628 posts
9,723 battles

As @Nechrom said... stack!

Premium ship (or silver ship with perma camo) + premium time + credit signals + credit camo. 

Aslo pay attention to combat missions and tasks that give credits.

Another (safer way than ramdom games) is to farm Operations. Find ingame"Operations" channel, div up with farmers that farm operations (mostly Narai) and you should have no problems. Aegis and Narai are the most popular ones.

Just don't use signals and camo for coop, because it gives crappy income.

[JRM]
Players
4,005 posts
20,443 battles

@Spearhawk1969

Of the unique captains in the US branch I think only Ovechkin has anything useful for the reworked CVs the improved SE so IDK if buying a captain for a CV has any sense at all...

Credit wise - buy yourself some premium time and wait with the permacamo until you get Midway its unlikely you will ever reach the efficacy of the T10 permacamos with anything other then a true premium ship such as Enterprise or Saipan

[SM0KE]
Players
3,889 posts
10,698 battles
2 hours ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

so I am asking for advice... what to do?

Are you running premium account? If not, it might be worth considering (at least if/when you can play reliably often), as that's a simple way to boost earnings - or reduce losses - on all ships.

Besides that, and besides the excellent advice already given, if you aren't a meister with CVs, I would suggest playing ships from other classes, especially premiums if you can get them (via missions, or coal etc.) - I suck in CVs and tend to find that most of my income comes from other ships (the only mode I make decent silver on with CVs is usually some of the Ops). So, in a way my other classes effectively fund things like CVs where the economy (for me, at least) isn't terribly positive.

• Cool 1

Players
82 posts
1,003 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

Are you running premium account? If not, it might be worth considering (at least if/when you can play reliably often), as that's a simple way to boost earnings - or reduce losses - on all ships.

Besides that, and besides the excellent advice already given, if you aren't a meister with CVs, I would suggest playing ships from other classes, especially premiums if you can get them (via missions, or coal etc.) - I suck in CVs and tend to find that most of my income comes from other ships (the only mode I make decent silver on with CVs is usually some of the Ops). So, in a way my other classes effectively fund things like CVs where the economy (for me, at least) isn't terribly positive.

I am running premium account, I just dont have cash to buy dubloons, so I try to manage with what I got :)

found out I had enough to buy a tier 4 Clemson so ill build on that to get to the tier 10 that I got the perm camo on :)

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
806 posts
13,727 battles

Just showing how much credits you can get from stacking.

Premium-ship + premium-time + credit-cammo + credit-flags + scenario= profit.

shot-19_10.16_17_14.55-0504.thumb.jpg.47682bf8b4eeda13112410fd85521388.jpg

• Cool 3

Players
82 posts
1,003 battles
Just now, Hanse77SWE said:

Just showing how much credits you can get from stacking.

Premium-ship + premium-time + credit-cammo + credit-flags + scenario= profit.

shot-19_10.16_17_14.55-0504.thumb.jpg.47682bf8b4eeda13112410fd85521388.jpg

Nice nice, ill buy me a premium ship when I get the cash....

[SM0KE]
Players
3,889 posts
10,698 battles

BTW in previous years' Halloween events there has been the possibility to win CV permacammo, although I recall the drop rate being quite low - I think I have the US and IJN ones (they're both for T8), although the latter is a bit lacking in aesthetic merit...

[SM0KE]
Players
3,889 posts
10,698 battles
1 minute ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

Nice nice, ill buy me a premium ship when I get the cash....

Bear in mind there are several worthwhile premiums available for coal/free xp i.e. don't require real money.

Players
82 posts
1,003 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Bear in mind there are several worthwhile premiums available for coal/free xp i.e. don't require real money.

where would I find those? In tech tree I can only see for silver or dubloons and those with stars, when I hoover over those with stars it says "can only be bought in premium store"

oh the armory...got it, looking into it now

[SM0KE]
Players
3,889 posts
10,698 battles

where would I find those?

Head to the Armory (sic) - left hand side of the port screen, about a quarter of the way down - and click on the ships section; there's a filter to show only coal ships. Also, don't forget you get - I think - one voucher every six months that lops 25% off the price of a single coal/steel ship; according to my game, the next voucher is issued on 26th December.

Players
82 posts
1,003 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Head to the Armory (sic) - left hand side of the port screen, about a quarter of the way down - and click on the ships section; there's a filter to show only coal ships. Also, don't forget you get - I think - one voucher every six months that lops 25% off the price of a single coal/steel ship; according to my game, the next voucher is issued on 26th December.

yeah I looked into how much resources I had, it was pityful, 16k coal was all I had

but this gave me another venue ill look into at end of month :)

ty very much

[SM0KE]
Players
3,889 posts
10,698 battles

16k coal was all I had

If you want to focus on getting coal, take 'more resources' containers whenever you get a container (plus you also get some for doing the daily missions)...

Players
82 posts
1,003 battles
5 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

If you want to focus on getting coal, take 'more resources' containers whenever you get a container (plus you also get some for doing the daily missions)...

I will do these things, now that I understand better, I am grateful for your help.

• Cool 1

Players
8,490 posts
9,926 battles
1 hour ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

I will do these things, now that I understand better, I am grateful for your help.

Freemium ships, as in premiums for coal or Free Exp are more of a "long term goal" for players. Also with premium ship purchases wait a bit, as WG not so long ago announced another batch of "black" ships for Black Friday sale, those last year were available with 30% discount compared to "regular" premiums:Smile_smile:

Sims, Scharnhorst and Alaska are solid picks, Graf Zepp... Not so much I'm afraid

Permanent camouflages are unfortunately vanity items below tier 9, while "substantial" economy boosts they have only at tier 10.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
641 posts
10,831 battles

OP you ask for advice so I think best advice would be to play more games on tier 6.

Your stats are showing that you rushed toward tier 8 too fast.

Additionally if you play other classess a bit more you will understand what they can do.

That will allow you to strike them better with CV.

Right now, you jumping to the tier 10 battles will mean, your team has a CV that has no idea what he is doing.

You earn more money the more damage you do. You do not make enough damage according to stats.

Edited by Sir_Grzegorz
Horrible mistake as pointed out below by Blixies.
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,113 posts
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

@Spearhawk1969

Of the unique captains in the US branch I think only Ovechkin has anything useful for the reworked CVs the improved SE so IDK if buying a captain for a CV has any sense at all...

Credit wise - buy yourself some premium time and wait with the permacamo until you get Midway its unlikely you will ever reach the efficacy of the T10 permacamos with anything other then a true premium ship such as Enterprise or Saipan

Some people swear by Halsey as the best CV captain.
I think Ovechkin is much better personally.

@Spearhawk1969 The chepaest thing you can do to increase your credit income is to buy a premium account, I think.

30 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

You earn more money the more damage you do. You do make enough damage according to stats.

I hope you meant: "You do NOT..."

Players
8,490 posts
9,926 battles
28 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

You earn more money the more damage you do. You do make enough damage according to stats.

No. You gain exp and credits mostly on %hp, thus attacking destroyers or other targets you know you can quickly and reliably shave off significant amount of hp will bring most rewards per effort needed. Spending entire battle molesting single isolated battleship and in the end failing to kill it may yield nice damage numbers, but no so much exp nor team contribution to victory

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
641 posts
10,831 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You gain exp and credits mostly on %hp

First of all there was a mistake in my sentence.

He is doing 30k damage in tier 8 battles. First he has to get to 80k, then he can start to optimise gains.

Actually, it is always good idea to finish off low health targets as kill counts as 20% of HP (if I remember right).

Beta Tester
641 posts
10,831 battles
9 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I hope you meant: "You do NOT..."

fixed, I am ashamed to make such a mistake that changes what I wanted to say :(

[JRM]
Players
4,005 posts
20,443 battles
16 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Some people swear by Halsey as the best CV captain.
I think Ovechkin is much better personally

IDK by what stat should he be better? He has what 20% faster service time for planes? 20% of 0 is what? In RTS times sure but today?

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,113 posts
7 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

fixed, I am ashamed to make such a mistake that changes what I wanted to say :(

Nah man, it happens to the best of us :)
I just didn't want OP to get the wrong idea from your post, that's all.

1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

IDK by what stat should he be better? He has what 20% faster service time for planes? 20% of 0 is what? In RTS times sure bit today?

The plane service time translates to 20% faster respawn of planes.
So instead of one minute wait for a new bomber, you only wait 48 seconds.
Still less valuable compared to imp. SE imho.

[JRM]
Players
4,005 posts
20,443 battles

IDK I guess it depends on playstyle, if you lose lots of planes ie not shortening the squads and dumping on high AA targets and blobs without slingshots I guess the respawn time is more valueable but if you conserve the planes higher HP make that even easyer

Sign in to follow this