You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Twitch Rewards in 0.8.9 – a Mission Awaits You Within

21 comments in this topic

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,918 posts
11,364 battles

Lol, twitch epic drops are rarer than ship drops in SC"S me thinks. Heard of one or two getting them but I presume it's another cheap ploy. Anyone know what the drop rate it or is this another those hidden / non-declared, seemingly very misleading things? Adding it to the list with all the other over-advertised, over-elaborated, overstated, misleading, not very sincere. not-free-at-all free things from WG, haha.

Call me Mr. Positivity, but hey, once burn't twice shy...heck, who am I kidding? I keep burning myself on the same scalding dubiousness that is WG.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,286 posts
13,817 battles
11 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Lol, twitch epic drops are rarer than ship drops in SC"S me thinks. Heard of one or two getting them but I presume it's another cheap ploy. Anyone know what the drop rate it or is this another those hidden / non-declared, seemingly very misleading things? Adding it to the list with all the other over-advertised, over-elaborated, overstated, misleading, not very sincere. not-free-at-all free things from WG, haha.

Call me Mr. Positivity, but hey, once burn't twice shy...heck, who am I kidding? I keep burning myself on the same scalding dubiousness that is WG.

Epic Drops are rare and we highlight this - but if you watch a certain amount of time, it's guaranteed to get Twitch containers and the missions. This is free content for watching World of Warships - whether you think it's worth it for you to spend the time there with our streaming community is completely up to you. I can't think of any other game where you get so much free stuff - last month we had bonuscodes, dozens of free super containers, a free Tier VI premium ship - all of this for just playing our game with no strings attached - on top of everything else.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,918 posts
11,364 battles
1 minute ago, Crysantos said:

Epic Drops are rare and we highlight this - but if you watch a certain amount of time, it's guaranteed to get Twitch containers and the missions. This is free content for watching World of Warships - whether you think it's worth it for you to spend the time there with our streaming community is completely up to you. I can't think of any other game where you get so much free stuff - last month we had bonuscodes, dozens of free super containers, a free Tier VI premium ship - all of this for just playing our game with no strings attached - on top of everything else.

Greetings, Crysantos

Thanks Crysantos, I appreciate the response and so fast too, but to play devils advocate they're not really free are they? It's give and take, the only free thing is the choice we make to watch / play / etc- none of that is forced on us. Creating these discourses of freebies like they're truly good will and gifts when it's simply good business. The fact is there is a requirement to access them or a 'chance' to access them which both imply an associated cost, even if it is in the name of fun and even if it is a game, which I personally play because it is so far the best naval game out there for it's genre. Sure, it all makes the game more exciting, but transparency also ensures mutual respect and perhaps garners far more loyalty. Why not turn fans into superfans?

I'd still like to know what the published drop rates are, there has to be a legitimate number floating about somewhere, or is it state sekrit!

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
23 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

I'd still like to know what the published drop rates are, there has to be a legitimate number floating about somewhere, or is it state sekrit!

It is rumoured to be around 1%, and it' independent (so it does not take into account what your previous roll was). Given you can get 5 containers per update... go figure.

Players
238 posts
14,750 battles

In the past WG has stated several times that they would not disclose the exact numbers (drop chances). Last time I heard that from them during an official twitch stream when some viewers asked them.

[BAD-A]
Players
4 posts
10,665 battles
46 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Thanks Crysantos, I appreciate the response and so fast too, but to play devils advocate they're not really free are they? It's give and take, the only free thing is the choice we make to watch / play / etc- none of that is forced on us. Creating these discourses of freebies like they're truly good will and gifts when it's simply good business. The fact is there is a requirement to access them or a 'chance' to access them which both imply an associated cost, even if it is in the name of fun and even if it is a game, which I personally play because it is so far the best naval game out there for it's genre. Sure, it all makes the game more exciting, but transparency also ensures mutual respect and perhaps garners far more loyalty. Why not turn fans into superfans?

This!

I really enjoy this game (in spite of the crazy chat-ban automated system that has in essence stopped anyone offering ANY negative OR CONSTRUCTIVE feedback at ALL to other players for fear of being reported - one of the reasons the play quality has dropped so low in recent months? - but different subject so moving on....), but I have to agree that the so called 'free' content (my time isn't free to me personally, but it's a choice so OK, we can let that one slide) would be far more appreciated if it wasn't bundled up and directly associated with paid for content such as hugely overpriced premium ships/flags/special event crates, etc etc.

More worryingly is the fact that WG seem to have no intention of trying to regulate the sales of these revenue generating digital goods, even though there is incontrovertible evidence that many of their player-base, INCLUDING KIDS, are manifesting or developing gambling problems linked to the 'random chance' something decent will be received. I personally know a number of people in game who have spent a silly amount of money that they can't really afford to secure that one item they really wanted (and I'm talking over £1000 here). We all know there are other offenders out there (EA take a bow) but WG are cashing in on these people's vulnerabilities too, and it's ethically not right!

Belgium have led the way and banned such sales, and other countries are soon going to follow suit..   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49661870

Crysantos, I know you probably don't have any clout when it comes to board level decision making, but you need to keep feeding up the chain that your company's LACK OF TRANSPARENCY when it comes to these crates is feeding this particular problem, and it is hurting vulnerable people. 

As an FYI -  even slot machines in the UK (other countries too?) have to display the payout percentage on the front of the display, so that players (18+ by law) can make an informed decision on whether they are being ripped off or not. There is a growing realization that WG are trying to hide the numbers to stop as many people as possible coming to the conclusion that they are really REALLY getting poor value for their (or their parents') hard earned cash. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,286 posts
13,817 battles
2 hours ago, Yamashiro42 said:

In the past WG has stated several times that they would not disclose the exact numbers (drop chances). Last time I heard that from them during an official twitch stream when some viewers asked them.

That's still the case.

2 hours ago, Amarretto said:

This!

I really enjoy this game (in spite of the crazy chat-ban automated system that has in essence stopped anyone offering ANY negative OR CONSTRUCTIVE feedback at ALL to other players for fear of being reported - one of the reasons the play quality has dropped so low in recent months? - but different subject so moving on....), but I have to agree that the so called 'free' content (my time isn't free to me personally, but it's a choice so OK, we can let that one slide) would be far more appreciated if it wasn't bundled up and directly associated with paid for content such as hugely overpriced premium ships/flags/special event crates, etc etc.

Sorry but the highlighted aspect is simply not true. We do NOT ban for criticism - would we allow such such discussion here then? Would we encourage sharing your opinion here - not matter whether positive or negative? We only ask for players to stay constructive - and I think that's absolutely fair. We ban if you misbehave in chat and violate our chat rules - and if you have an issue where you don't understand why you got chatbanned, I'll happily check your chatlogs for you.

3 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

I'll leave it up for you decide what you consider "free" or not. We offer Twitch Drops - which you get for simply watching World of Warships content. If you think this is interesting to you, it's yours - and if you think there are strings attached that you don't want, that's absolutely your choice. You need to link your account because otherwise we have no way to connect who you are on Twitch and whether you watched content unless there is a direct link - and to be able to credit you the related goodie on your Warships account.

I appreciate your candid feedback and your passion about the game - and we'll see what we can do to improve transparency. But I think we already made very big leaps in terms of transparency since we published this game - and it's a constant process to improve that (with certain boundaries obviously).

Greetings, Crysantos

[BAD-A]
Players
4 posts
10,665 battles
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

That's still the case.

Sorry but the highlighted aspect is simply not true. We do NOT ban for criticism - would we allow such such discussion here then? Would we encourage sharing your opinion here - not matter whether positive or negative? We only ask for players to stay constructive - and I think that's absolutely fair. We ban if you misbehave in chat and violate our chat rules - and if you have an issue where you don't understand why you got chatbanned, I'll happily check your chatlogs for you.

I'll leave it up for you decide what you consider "free" or not. We offer Twitch Drops - which you get for simply watching World of Warships content. If you think this is interesting to you, it's yours - and if you think there are strings attached that you don't want, that's absolutely your choice. You need to link your account because otherwise we have no way to connect who you are on Twitch and whether you watched content unless there is a direct link - and to be able to credit you the related goodie on your Warships account.

I appreciate your candid feedback and your passion about the game - and we'll see what we can do to improve transparency. But I think we already made very big leaps in terms of transparency since we published this game - and it's a constant process to improve that (with certain boundaries obviously).

Greetings, Crysantos

Warning - this reply is a bit off topic, which frustrates ME, but I believe Crysantos needs a few points clarified that he drew attention to. 

No Crysantos, YOU don't chat-ban for criticism, your automated chat ban feature, which is constantly abused, allows people to be banned for criticism of other players, among other things..... AND I recently asked after being chat banned again for JUST THAT FEEDBACK  through your ticket system (ID 119817699), and even though I asked specifically what I had done wrong so I could adjust my level of 'banter' accordingly, explaining why I wanted the feedback so I COULD adjust my conversations to a level Wargaming are comfortable with, I was given nothing back beyond an automated response, and the ticket was closed. Here is the request I made in the ticket:-

Have just received yet ANOTHER suspension for chat messages. This time for 9 days.

I have been very aware over the last few months that what I consider to be banter between people is not acceptable to Wargaming and have tried to tone it down, but I am getting frustrated at these bans seemingly coming out of the blue, and am wondering if I need to start recording every single match I play so that I can have some form of defence. I'm afraid the vague, non specific reasons given for the chat bans do not even let ME know HOW I can defend myself (what game? what was said? to whom? what caused the interaction? - you never say). I am also concerned that when I have suffered abuse myself and have responded to that person, I am being trolled precisely so that they can report me. I am not a robot, and cannot ignore things that are said to me. But as I say, this is all conjecture, as the punishments you are serving seem to be in no way connected to any specific occurrence I can defend against.

I also know for a fact I have had many reports purely because I regularly play CVs (reputation drops after a good CV game regularly happens and I know players who openly admit to reporting CV players on sight for chat violations). But I can't quantify that, and have no idea how or if they are related to my bans.

I am hoping you will not just tell me to 'behave in chat and suck up the punishment', because I am afraid the frustration this issue is causing me is severely ruining my enjoyment of the game.

I would of course rather not receive the chat bans. But surely to know what I need to do differently, I need to know specifically what I have done wrong.

I know for a FACT I've lost it sometimes on chat, especially with those who start mouthing off at me (how many times I've been told to go f*ck my mother in this game), and I've only just discovered that telling someone who is mouthing off at me that they really need to be quiet else they draw attention to their 44% win rate is considered abuse by you guys!

I 'believe' I have had reports for the following....

..... for playing CVs......

...........or for being in a clan someone doesn't like......

................or for having a 'bad' game that annoys other players........

..................... or daring to respond accordingly when someone throws an insult my way.........

I also KNOW a clanmate received a chat-ban because as a 'joke' (which he regretted), another member of our clan told everyone it would be hilarious if everyone in our discord server (count-ins, and we had 9 clanmates on the same game) reported him for chat abuse - he got 5 days for that I think, and because he knew appealing would be pointless (timescale or automated reply or closed ticket), he didn't bother. He got huge upvotes from clanmates to say sorry in the days afterwards!

I completely acknowledge I have also had reports for losing my temper and commenting on completely moronic behavior  ----- the 'Oxymoron' episode recently highlighted in WOT's history doesn't help us trust your systems by the way - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am5djIm2EYM  -------- and yes, there have been times when I am convinced I have completely deserved the chat ban accordingly, but I know for a fact there have been times when I haven't.

I fully expect you now, having been shown that your player-base DOES actually request information on what they are doing wrong, and when they do so are being ignored, (see AUTOMATED response below), to pick out a few cases of where I have been out of order. Please understand all this will do is convince many of us that you are evading my point. 

Hello Amarretto,

Thank you for contacting Player Support.

Due to inappropriate behaviour in chat, a sanction has been applied to your World of Warships account.

We at Wargaming aim to provide our players with a pleasant and undisturbed game experience. Therefore, insults, personal attacks, abuse, or harassment are not tolerated on any level.

The sanction was applied by our semi-automated system that reviews the chat behaviour of every player in battle and actively searches for inappropriate wording in violation of the World of Warships Game Rules.

To ensure with absolute certainty that the system does not catch innocent players, it is under constant review and monitoring. It is due to this that the applied sanction cannot be cleared.

We will review your report in the next few days but please understand that no further answer from the Player Support Team will be given in reply to this ticket.

This is an automated answer. If this answer has not addressed your question, then please create a new ticket and ensure that you submit your question to the correct department.

This ticket will now be closed.

Best regards,

But the most frustrating thing about your reply isn't that you have told me that you guys do something I have just shown that you don't, it's that you decided to respond to this aspect of my post (a SMALL part of my post) and decided to ignore the far more important and relevant points I made regarding your crates (lets call them loot boxes shall we?) which encourage gambling, to gambling addicts, potential addicts, and MOST importantly to kids.   And personally I am very disappointed that this issue needs to be highlighted to your company! I totally agree with Shaka_D, who said:

6 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

but transparency also ensures mutual respect and perhaps garners far more loyalty. Why not turn fans into superfans?

You guys want and need super-fans, and we would all LOVE to be super-fans, but you are making it very difficult not to be cynical.

Feel free to ignore my whining about chat bans - many of us are used to our issues with them being ignored by WG and I am looking forward to being able to turn off your chat function when that feature is realized, but you can't ignore our concerns over your policy on loot boxes, because it's now being looked at by people that you mustn't ignore, as Belgium has proven.

Players
357 posts

I was awarded a Twitch container and a little later a Twitch mission yesterday..........but when I log in I have the container but there is no sign of any Twitch mission.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,419 posts
11 minutes ago, Monalie said:

but when I log in I have the container but there is no sign of any Twitch mission.

it is not "marked" as Twitch mission in the usual colors. You can find a screenshot in this post.

Players
357 posts
38 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

it is not "marked" as Twitch mission in the usual colors. You can find a screenshot in this post.

I got that first thing yesterday, but it wasn't until about 7 hours later that I got the Twitch notification................strange!

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
15 hours ago, Amarretto said:

[snip]

Have just received yet ANOTHER suspension for chat messages. This time for 9 days.

[snip]

I also KNOW a clanmate received a chat-ban because as a 'joke' (which he regretted), another member of our clan told everyone it would be hilarious if everyone in our discord server (count-ins, and we had 9 clanmates on the same game) reported him for chat abuse - he got 5 days for that I think

[snip]

9 and 5 day chatbans are given to you manually by support after checking your chat behavior. The automated system only creates 24 hour bans.

Players
2,106 posts
9,028 battles

I was watching a WOWs video on YT the other day and I've heard about the mission giving Halloween 2018 containers...

I was pretty sure it was a mistake in the script but now I got the mission and indeed it says 2018.

Does WG know what year is it?

2018.jpg

Beta Tester
254 posts
15,141 battles
On 10/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, Monalie said:

I was awarded a Twitch container and a little later a Twitch mission yesterday..........but when I log in I have the container but there is no sign of any Twitch mission.

same here. I received a twitch container and a mission yesterday but there is no mission for me ingame.

Someone on twitch told me to disconnect/connect twitch account with wg account again but stil no mission...

Beta Tester
296 posts
3,892 battles

Throughout the duration of Update 0.8.9, a weekly combat mission will be unlocked directly in your Port when watching streams.

• There are a total of four combat missions:
    • The Return of Rasputin | 17 October – 12 November
    • The Curse of the Great Gorgon | 24 October – 12 November
    • End of the Rainbow | 31 October – 12 November
    • Singles' Day | 7 November – 21 November
  • Each mission will be activated on a weekly basis for all stream viewers.

You probably got one of the missions, that will unlock later on.

Beta Tester
254 posts
15,141 battles
19 hours ago, suppenkaschperl said:

same here. I received a twitch container and a mission yesterday but there is no mission for me ingame.

Someone on twitch told me to disconnect/connect twitch account with wg account again but stil no mission...

@Crysantos I activated the Mission even on the website https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/blair-twitch-project/

But its still missing ingame. Any idea how to fix that? I cant click on activate twitch mission part 1 as is says " You are already participating in this offer."

[BBMMX]
[BBMMX]
Players
16 posts
10,659 battles

I got one Twitch Container for the WoWs Twitch stream before the weekend and the mission from the KOTS stream and nothing from all the hours over the weekend from watching KOTS and other Streamers with Drops enabled.  Just how many hours are you supposed to put in to viewing these streams for one to drop a container? :cap_look:

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,471 posts
1,683 battles
On 10/20/2019 at 9:43 AM, suppenkaschperl said:

@Crysantos I activated the Mission even on the website https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/blair-twitch-project/

But its still missing ingame. Any idea how to fix that? I cant click on activate twitch mission part 1 as is says " You are already participating in this offer."

6e7ba2ce-f0c3-11e9-899c-38eaa735f4cc.png

It looks like this and can be found under "personal assignments".

As far as I can see, you received the mission. Did you perhaps complete it already?

Edited by Sehales

Beta Tester
254 posts
15,141 battles

Mission doesnt show up at personal assignments and no I did not complete it already.

Edit: I also got some twitch missions(for watching) but never received them ingame.