You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MacArthur92

Sigma values in port

30 comments in this topic

[P-W-C]
Players
6,169 posts
30,204 battles

The game is 4 years old and there are so many ships - people don't remember/don't know those sigma values. There's some website to check it but it would be better and faster to have it in port with other ship's info (main battery section). 

• Cool 10

Players
863 posts
2,368 battles
1 minuto fa, MacArthur92 ha scritto:

The game is 4 years old and there are so many ships - people don't remember/don't know those signs values. There's some website to check it but it would be better and faster to have it in port with other ship's info (main battery section). 

I agree; the sigma values are also in the wiki (look for "Gunnery and Armour penetration"), but it would be nice to have them in port too.

5,232 posts
9,853 battles

As with all additional information: WG has to weigh off if the information is usefull to the average user. And afaik the last time more information was asked to be added, WG's answer was: Nope, as it would confuse the user.

Players
6,339 posts
7,540 battles
6 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

As with all additional information: WG has to weigh off if the information is usefull to the average user. And afaik the last time more information was asked to be added, WG's answer was: Nope, as it would confuse the user.

Sigma values would confuse players, but giving adjusted AA dps values and not a dps and accuracy value is somehow not confusing? Or arbitrary ratings of performance categories? Or what about the sometimes just false turning circle radii?

• Cool 5

5,232 posts
9,853 battles
11 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Or what about the sometimes just false turning circle radii?

Hey mate, I don't know WHY WG choose to display A but not B. Just reiterating what WG commented on in the past.

Would it be better to display more information than what we currently have? Sure!

Would it confuse players? Don't know. Maybe. Maybe not.

Would I count on WG bringing in more information in port? No.

• Cool 3

[SV]
Players
410 posts
9,141 battles
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

We don't need sigma values in port, together with the penetration curves you ll be asking for next.

tbh why not just but another thing into the details when you check on the ship? why so butt hurt over something you dont need to butt hurt about ? 

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,155 posts
5,488 battles
42 minutes ago, albin322 said:

tbh why not just but another thing into the details when you check on the ship? why so butt hurt over something you dont need to butt hurt about ? 

So what does the sigma value tell you when they display it in port?

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
410 posts
9,141 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

So what does the sigma value tell you when they display it in port?

are you serious ? the sigma is the acuracy of your guns you might want to know if you have acurate guns or not  ????

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
548 posts
16,306 battles
3 minutes ago, albin322 said:

are you serious ? the sigma is the acuracy of your guns you might want to know if you have acurate guns or not  ????

and what would knowing sigma value change? nothing ...

nd if you need it that much you can use post-it and attach it to your screen

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
4,096 posts
9,050 battles
11 minutes ago, albin322 said:

*smartass mode on* Technically it's the precision and not the accuracy. The Accuracy is determined by the players aim, while the precision is the dispersion pattern.

precision_accuracy.png

• Cool 4

[GURKA]
Players
4,096 posts
9,050 battles
2 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

You could technically say that about every stats. I think it's kinda important to know that value, and it's pretty uncomfortable to search for those values. Somtimes the values you find are older one and not up-to-date.

Best example: Amagi and Kii. Pretty similar ships, but Kii has 0.1 sigma less... and you can really feel that

• Cool 2

[SV]
Players
410 posts
9,141 battles
9 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

oh im so sorry so only the stats you think is important should exist in the port i see............. 

why should we see the armor we cant do anything about it ? or the fire chance on the shells ? 

who are you to decide what is imprtant or not ?

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,773 posts
3,382 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

The game is 4 years old and there are so many ships - people don't remember/don't know those signs values. There's some website to check it but it would be better and faster to have it in port with other ship's info (main battery section). 

Half of the player base will have no idea what sigma means. Same with Krupp.

Whilst it would be good for those of us interested, I actually wonder how many players know anything about the ships they play. Example how many torp boats do you see throwing torps at targets well out of range that are never going to sail into range. Usually it's the RU 4km torps fired at something 10km away.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
4,096 posts
9,050 battles
Just now, Fat_Maniac said:

Half of the player base will have no idea what sigma means. Same with Krupp.

Whilst it would be good for those of us interested, I actually wonder how many players know anything about the ships they play. Example how many torp boats do you see throwing torps at targets well out of range that are never going to sail into range. Usually it's the RU 4km torps fired at something 10km away.

Guess most players also don't know about the hit chance with AA :cap_haloween:

[HOO]
Players
1,773 posts
3,382 battles
13 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Guess most players also don't know about the hit chance with AA :cap_haloween:

In order to understand Sigma and Krupp, this type of information would have to be included in game somewhere ...

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/95790-krupp-and-sigma-explained/?tab=comments#comment-2290471

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,487 posts
9,235 battles

useful info for some so it should be added to port

there is lots of stuff in port some find useful while others couldn't give a monkeys about and we should respect it when people would like stuff added that's not totally crazy like my idea for how many beers each ship can carry :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

[P-W-C]
Players
6,169 posts
30,204 battles
56 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

just like gun accuracy is displayed or HE pen, the sigma should be displayed too.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
548 posts
16,306 battles
30 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

just like gun accuracy is displayed or HE pen, the sigma should be displayed too.

there is a shitload of info not shown anywhere, why showing sigma would change anything?

you dont have any way to change/improve it and i really thin that you cant tell the difference between 1,7 or 1,8 sigma in battle

[NWP]
Players
7,541 posts
8,134 battles

While it personaly wouldnt bother me, i dont see the usefulness of having Sigma displayed in port.

Wait if average people could see, Stalingrad has 2,65 Sigma... (atleast could if they have mod enabled to show ships in techtree)

1nkgul.jpg

Maybe some BBabies would cry aswell, how they have 1.5 sigma and Cruisers have 2.05 :cap_fainting:

[P-W-C]
Players
6,169 posts
30,204 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

While it personaly wouldnt bother me, i dont see the usefulness of having Sigma displayed in port.

Wait if average people could see, Stalingrad has 2,65 Sigma... (atleast could if they have mod enabled to show ships in techtree)

1nkgul.jpg

Maybe some BBabies would cry aswell, how they have 1.5 sigma and Cruisers have 2.05 :cap_fainting:

well a mod would be ok too. If it's a "problem" to some people.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,155 posts
5,488 battles
3 hours ago, albin322 said:

Appearantly you don't understand, so thank Pikko for explaining. 

Thanks for proving my point that we don't need to have such technical values in the game. My eyes twitch when I have to look at my AA stats. I feel no need to have the same happening to the other ship stats.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,727 posts
13,279 battles

Max dispersion + sigma = accuracy

Sigma basically determines how likely a shell is to stray from where you aimed within that margin of max dispersion.

So yes, would be interesting. But would it really change much in terms of module choices?

Players
4,982 posts
245 battles

Yes i dont see why people are actually argueing against this as new infomation is always useful.

and no i shouldnt have to consult a third party website for basic info that should already be in the game.

Beta Tester
641 posts
10,766 battles

For each their own.

Just make it as an option to add additional information. Any information.

So if someone want to have port hidden under all the stats it would be their choice.

It is like options for minimap, or sound options, etc.

Will such a thing be done? No, as it would require resources. Unless you tell WG that you gladly pay for extended ship info in port.

In general, more options is always better. Just allow people to choose what info they like to see.

• Cool 1