You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Clan Battles season 7 discussion/predictions

39 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,076 posts
5,212 battles

Next clan battle season will be 8v8 t10 with 2 battleships a side, no carriers.

It was announced yesterday, i was surprised that no one has created a topic about it yet, so here it is.

What comps do you guys think will be meta?

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

nine Smolensks rush B gogogo? :Smile_trollface:

But you can probably look at KotS and get a good enough idea - something like those lineups minus one cruiser or DD

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
Players
516 posts
8,194 battles

Eh - Kremlin, Stalingrad & Smolensk - plus a DD...

We're rather concerned that the 8v8 & T10 format is going to mean that we won't be able to field a team :( The T8 season was a great learning experience for us and it's sad that our regular active player count is so low that we may not be able to build upon that.

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
1,539 posts
9,699 battles

Double bb will change the dynamics significantly. Instead of one bb sitting mid you will have either one bb on both flanks having crossfires pretty much everywhere.. Or... The epic double Kremlin push. :cap_cool:

Eitherway: good luck to all small clans who are already having difficulties fielding six players let alone eight. And to all medium clans who instead of needing 12 players for two teams now need 16 players.... 

3dg3cp.thumb.jpg.0300ba1b0c0235b0a79eadb7b02b553b.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7

[JRM]
Players
3,971 posts
20,305 battles

Id say Stalingrad will lose on importance somewhat although not completely OFC, the strongest thing Grad ever brought in the CW meta was "almost BB stats in a cruiser slot" that will now be taken by a real BB, Thunderor, Ohio, Kreml and Yama will be the BBs of choice me thinks due to the fact they can overmatch the cruiser decks specifically the Desmo, Henri, Yoshino and Smolensk that will largely plague the MM up to the Strom league at least, DDs will be standard mixture of usual spotters/torpers and the Kleber i think and people that are good in the Kleber will be able to exert some strong influence in the matches as was shown in the T8 season with the Fantasque the killer torps that Kleber has and the MBRB will allow him to strike anything and despite not so good conceal it still has the option to do it more then any cruiser ever could in the same time not being afraid of meeting other dds...

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
136 posts
7,756 battles
30 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

But you can probably look at KotS and get a good enough idea - something like those lineups minus one cruiser or DD

Yup, just check out the KOTS set-ups for current CB meta. Kremlins, Smolensks, Stalingrads, some Henris/Yoshinos/Hindens, and then the usual radar cruisers and DDs. Might meet some Colberts as well, but I doubt many will have them.

[JRM]
Players
3,971 posts
20,305 battles
3 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

Yup, just check out the KOTS set-ups for current CB meta. Kremlins, Smolensks, Stalingrads, some Henris/Yoshinos/Hindens, and then the usual radar cruisers and DDs. Might meet some Colberts as well, but I doubt many will have them.

I dont think Colbert will be a popular choice even with those that have it due to the fact its a very fragile ship with not so good long range ballistics, some might capitalize on the fact people are not used to counter it (still) BUT I dont expect seeing her much past Storm, Smol with the smoke is much more flexible choice IMHO and also easier to get your hands on also she has better long range gunnery, additionally since she can smoke herself in the open and/or retreat through smoke she is harder to pin down... Yes Colbert has speed and good DPM but its not easy to fire guns accurately while evading fire, Henry can do it but she has to stay in a predictable path only once every 10s or so to fire while Colbert has to fire all the time, there are maps with islands OFC but again she doesnt bring any special tool to the fray... Since the season will go past 0.8.10 Venezia might play a role in the late season as well with those damaging alpha strikes and will certainly be present in the Rank T10 to a great extent as she can demolish any DD or CL in couple of salvos...

[ITA]
[ITA]
Beta Tester
95 posts
10,464 battles

What do you think about the incoming nerfs for the Kremlin and it's presence in CB? Atm Kremlin would be a no brainer but after the nerf it could lose some of its presence... especially if WG screws up touching its penetration parameters...

[CRYO]
Players
56 posts
2,843 battles
3 minutes ago, Alcolista said:

What do you think about the incoming nerfs for the Kremlin and it's presence in CB? Atm Kremlin would be a no brainer but after the nerf it could lose some of its presence... especially if WG screws up touching its penetration parameters...

Well, Kremlin is stupid for its armor. Pen values are jusk icying on the cake :) This "nerf" is really silly and it wont change anything. It´s sole purpose is to appeal to the masses who are calling for nerf.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,623 posts
8,300 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

ince the season will go past 0.8.10 Venezia might play a role in the late season as well with those damaging alpha strikes

I think tiers IX and X of the italian cruisers are not coming... until the end of the seaons I guess..
but I may be very well mistaken :)

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,093 posts
22,915 battles
6 minutes ago, albin322 said:

tbh i dont think smolensk will be that good in cb to mutch radar and so on.

Not if eveeyone picks smol.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
209 posts
10,743 battles
15 minutes ago, albin322 said:

2 bbs and 3 radars = dead smolensks

You do realize that smolensk can be out of radar range? Take a look at Kots and how smolensk came really strong in that meta.

• Cool 2

Players
6,341 posts
7,540 battles
1 hour ago, Alcolista said:

1k less AP damage on the shell upon hitting a citadel. Some nerfs to its HE that I don't see anyone using. Will remain a common pick for sure.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,130 posts
22,622 battles
58 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I think tiers IX and X of the italian cruisers are not coming... until the end of the seaons I guess..

CW season will (probably) stretch into 0.8.10 patch. So Venezia could make in the last week or two of the season.

[JRM]
Players
3,971 posts
20,305 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

Well the article said 23th of October up to 9 of December? Following the current interval the patch 0.8.10 should be 14th November ergo some time left...

[ADRIA]
Players
136 posts
7,756 battles
6 hours ago, albin322 said:

Smolensk is probably the most versatile of all DPM options. Hence pretty much every KOTS team ran at least one or (very often) two Smolensks.

[JRM]
Players
3,971 posts
20,305 battles
15 hours ago, albin322 said:

19km range, good luck radaring me...

16 hours ago, Alcolista said:

I think it still overmatches the deck and still has the stupid armor, glorious battleship of the people of the soviet union laughs at the imperialst propaganda that it was nerfed...

[COR3]
Players
1,109 posts
12,015 battles
16 hours ago, Alcolista said:

What nerfs?

Miniscule reduction in AP Damage and HE Damage?

That doesn't influence her Performance by much, it might drag down her random Spreedsheet Values but not her Potential. Probelem with Kremlins is they sorely lack the range and i read push all the time while no one really considders the Crossfires you now can establish with 1 stalin and 2 bbs.... there are so many dark horses not mentioned :x

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,623 posts
8,300 battles
3 hours ago, Mydgard said:

2 Kremlin

2 Stalin

2 Smolensk

2 Grozovoi

2DDs weren't an option after passing storm.

and I don't think it would change in 8v8.

May be no DD teams in hurricane will add 1 DD as an extra.. we'll see

[ADRIA]
Players
209 posts
10,743 battles

What I dont get is why they used an 8v8 format after the fact that each season less and less clans are playing clan wars. This only makes it harder for more players and clans to enter clan battles. 6v6 was nice and 7v7 was perfect. I hope that wont influence the season too much unlike the failure that was t8 clan wars. 

• Cool 1