Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hamed_pour

Smolensk is B*LLSH*T!! BROADSIDE OVERPENS!!

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SPAI]
Players
25 posts
3,935 battles

I have never been more tempted to use very strong language directed at a ship in this game in the past 4 years or to whomever decided to add it to the game.

 

I have lost more BBs to this ship then anything else. The damn CVs would at least give me a few minutes before they drop spam me. But the blasted Smolensk is B*LLSH*T!!! My BBs melt if they are within its 15km range. Most of the time I can't turn without giving broadside to everyone and getting rekt.

Even if I manage to get out of its spam radius with hopefully some of my health remaining, I have now become completely useless to my team.

If a BB can't push to support its CL or DD then what is he good for!

 

I have no counter to this ship! It smokes! It is too small to hit from range. EVERYTHING overpens it at close range, esp if its broadsided ! WTF!!! WHAT THE ABSOLUTE F**** WGing!!!

 

_yelling-512.png

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
851 posts
13,789 battles
55 minutes ago, hamed_pour said:

EVERYTHING overpens it at close range, esp if its broadsided

Any cruiser in less than 15 km range is overpened if broadsided or bounces if angled, thats not news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TAYTO]
Players
670 posts
7,814 battles

I just had the most awful battle on my Yamato. A Smolensk basically BBQd me as he wanted. I had to angle against other BBs, always spotted, so the guy just rained fire on me.

Impossible to defend, impossible go away, impossible to do anything against this guy.

We won just because our Minotaur was and excellent player.

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SPAI]
Players
25 posts
3,935 battles
44 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Any cruiser in less than 15 km range is overpened if broadsided or bounces if angled, thats not news.

Sir, given your high battle count I do believe you and have respect for your knowledge of the game. But this is not what I’m experiencing in the field shooting at Smolensks when they are broadsided.

On two instances in my JB I had no other choice but to charge the smoke in a last-ditch attempt to get under its 5km smoke penalty. Twice on catching the ship off guard I have emptied full salvos into its waterline broadside resulting in nothing but overpends and gotten torped in the process.  

I have killed Worcesters, Minos, Buffalos, etc, with salvos like this. Maybe it’s a low citadel or the fact that it’s so thin my AP shells don't arm.

Whatever the reason, IT IS TOO MUCH. It’s just too much. They might as well give it radar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
329 posts
8,761 battles
27 minutes ago, hamed_pour said:

Sir, given your high battle count I do believe you and have respect for your knowledge of the game. But this is not what I’m experiencing in the field shooting at Smolensks when they are broadsided.

On two instances in my JB I had no other choice but to charge the smoke in a last-ditch attempt to get under its 5km smoke penalty. Twice on catching the ship off guard I have emptied full salvos into its waterline broadside resulting in nothing but overpends and gotten torped in the process.  

I have killed Worcesters, Minos, Buffalos, etc, with salvos like this. Maybe it’s a low citadel or the fact that it’s so thin my AP shells don't arm.

Whatever the reason, IT IS TOO MUCH. It’s just too much. They might as well give it radar!

You will frequently get overpens on a ship like Smolensk (especially if your muzzle velocity is very high) because:

 

1: The citadel armor is 70 mm, bypassing the arming threshold of ships like Yamato (77mm detonator arming threshold), Republique (72), Kremlin (76), and many others that are known to devastate cruisers quite easily.

2: The ship is relatively thin so a full broadside volley at the waterline will often not arm the shells even if they meet the arming threshold, as a shell has to detonate ***inside the citadel*** to get the critical volley. This means that the shell has to be inside the ship's citadel by the time 0.033 seconds pass (0.015 for British BB AP). It's why citadeling Minotaur (one of the most "obese" cruisers) is easier, for example, than citadeling a Worcester (which has a low citadel height, first of all, and second of all is a very thin ship).

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
598 posts

You hide in smoke, I’ll pop my cruiser radar and crap on you..... who am I?

Edited by Skurfa
It autocorrects my crap to crap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COR3]
Players
1,109 posts
12,015 battles
5 hours ago, Skurfa said:

You hide in smoke, I’ll pop my cruiser radar and crap on you..... who am I?

The Legendary Murdertaur that sneaky sneaked up on Russian Bias Boat and then proceeded to torp the living hell ouf of him :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[P-W-C]
Players
6,169 posts
30,204 battles
5 hours ago, Skurfa said:

You hide in smoke, I’ll pop my cruiser radar and crap on you..... who am I?

A Stalingrad! The best counter to Smolensks. In fact Azuma and Yoshino also are good but they have no radar and shell velocity is slower. But yeah. Crazy OP ship has to be countered by another crazy OP ship. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,677 posts
17,247 battles

I get the impression more people have a smol now.

6 hours ago, Skurfa said:

You hide in smoke, I’ll pop my cruiser radar and crap on you..... who am I?

Somebody on fire who thinks radar has 16 to 19 km range? :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
2,623 posts
8,300 battles

Be constructive

  • When posting, please make sure you do so with good intentions. Refrain from posting when you don't have anything positive or constructive to say on the topic.
  • Your post should contribute to the discussion or the solution of the issue being discussed.
  • If the only purpose of your post is to be negative, it is not worth posting.

 

Locked!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×