Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Viravandrel

National voiceovers

11 comments in this topic

Players
50 posts
7,822 battles

Hello

Lately i started playing again after few months of hiatus, i realised there is no option of picking national voiceovers anymore. Is it intentional or should i report it as bug?

[ST33L]
Players
6 posts
10,199 battles

It is gone for me too. Can only choose standard as voiceover modification. Miss it, it gave more depth to the game.
Have no sound mods.

[I-J-N]
Players
2,280 posts

That is strange. I have the same options as @hgbn_dk above, except I don't have the 'ultra' sound option only low and high, otherwise the same voiceover options too. I'm using the old launcher, but seriously would not think that could be a factor.

Players
50 posts
7,822 battles

Yes the only sound option i have is standard

Hmm, i could actually de-install launcher and install it again, if the stupid launcher is a problem it could fix it, thanks for the tip guys

[ONE2]
Players
3,028 posts
18,638 battles

Hmm, now that you guys mentioned it indeed maybe a good time to check my settings alsol, just in case. :cap_old:

Might well explain why my Atagou's Jap Commander has suddenly learned to speak Russian...:cap_wander_2:

[I-J-N]
Players
2,280 posts

I'm not sure if some of the things I get are intended or not. I have the Japanese voiceover activated and I get inconsistent effects. For some nations like the USA, UK, and France, Italy, Russian... I get their national voiceovers, not the Japanese one. Then for Pan-Asia and EU I get the Japanese voiceover.

[CAIN]
Players
3,677 posts
14,454 battles

My option was limited to standard too.

To make a mod work, i had to re-install the game and the 'national+' option is there again. 

The issue was, back when the GC came out, i just installed it over the game.

So my game folder was named World_of_warships. 

After the re-install it's named World_of_Warships_EU. 

Might be worth a shot.

[I-J-N]
Players
2,280 posts

I installed the GC today, didn't do anything to the game proper just run the old installed version under GC now. No problems so far, as the game is still the same all the settings are the same as well.

Players
50 posts
7,822 battles

I removed all my wargaming games, then uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled the game, national voiceovers are back!

But i made a mistake and accidentally started downloading US version so i found out that american version of wows is 75gigabytes and eu only about 25.... pretty weird dont you think ;)?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this