You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

Raid for the Filth

39 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
3,619 posts
3,348 battles

ffe0d698-0519-11ea-aad3-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

Captains! 

The Portal to the lost dimension will remain open until November 27, so you still have a chance to undertake a Raid for the Filth! As you might remember, three teams with three players in each fight against one another, as well as against a horde of dark forces controlled by AI. The objective is to collect a special resource—Filth. You can exchange Filth for various rewards in a special section of the Armory.

Please note: when this event battle mode is over, the monster ships will remain in your Port until Update 0.8.11 goes live, but you won't be able to enter battle playing them.

Feel free to still give your feedback for Raid for the filth battles until 27th November!

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles

Feedback was requested on the PTS already.

Basically all players who tested it, said that bots spawning in the same place, every time is repetitive and annoying.

Still, now that it's live, nothing changed. It's still the same.

Once again WG proves that they don't listen to any feedback from players and these threads "thanks a lot for your feedback" are useless.

Thanks.

[WALLY]
Players
1 post
16,719 battles

Ok, i am not sure if all the following things apply to this section of the forum but since I am not allowed to post in some other sections (because this forum doesn't recognize my amount of battles from my steam account) I'll do it here:

1. The actual gameplay of "Raid for the Filth":

As already mentioned above, its always the same. The Bots always spawn at the same place and time. After some battles you have a fixed routine for the first part of the battle. The PvP part is the only thing that makes it at least a bit interesting.

2. The "Grind for the Filth":

I have no problem with grinding. Its everybody's own decision if he/she wants to grind for the rewards. But some more interesting battles would keep up the motivation to do so.

3. The Halloween Tech Tree:

Well, I am not quite sure what to say here. 1 Credit to buy a researched ship? Ok, no problem. Getting some spare port slots for some Halloween event ships that will be removed in a while for dubloons? Really? I mean, REALLY?

I can't even sell these ships so they are just blocking my port slots. I really hope that the game will remember which port slots were mine, when the ships are removed...

4. The Halloween 2019 Camo's for special ships:

Again, its everybody's own decision if he/she likes those camo's or not. I really liked that Shimakaze Angler camo and bought it last week by the ships camo section for 8000 dubloons. Now at the start of the Halloween event you get that camo in the Armory at the same price PLUS an additional commander. I feel a little ripped-off here, but well, it was my decision to buy it early. But its interesting to read in the event description, that if you would buy it as duplicate, you would recieve the whole amount as compensation. BUT in the shop description of the camo it reads that you will get 6800 dubloons as compensation. So either I paid too much for my single camo without commander or one of the descriptions is wrong. 

And please, think about giving the related commander to those players who bought that camos prior to the release of the event.

• Cool 1

[COR3]
Players
1,112 posts
12,056 battles

I do only have a gripe with the spawning in of torpedos no matter what angle the enemy has torps fly your way in ridicolus numbers... makes it very unfun

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles

No port slots for the special ships.

Either a huge mistake in design or an intentional attempt to milk 300 doubloons from players.

Either way... you should fix it as soon as possible and try not to ruin with greed every event you make.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
42 posts
25,806 battles

Absolutely pointless mode, so there goes my experience:

First thing that upset me was that I had to waste time figuring out what of the 3 ships I got is what and trying to figure out what grindable ships are what, then wasting more time thinking about commander skills that are remotely useful in this very mode (reset isn t for free so u gotta think ahead)...ended up picking very few skills as a result, next up: first game: totally clueless, felt like contributing little and then ended up topping the scoreboard with 1.2k filth and what felt like little dmg (300k), next game (still no clue what cmdr skills to choose), a lot more action, 600k dmg and wtf, 460 filth...HOW...

Aside from that it seems derpy and I got no clue what I m doing, am i m doing alright or not...no clue so wtf...at the very same time i feel like wasting my time. It s just bad and I doubt I ll give it another try after 3 games...so gj wasting ressources for that I guess....

• Bad 1

[SRW]
Players
160 posts
14,659 battles

You guys should've turned off the ability to fire at the enemy teams. The mode is OK, but it's no fun having to worry about thinking if the other teams are going to respect the "no fire on PVP agreement". I have to end up reporting all who misbehave and turn into an a** h***.

Players
2 posts
1,890 battles
3 hours ago, R8dr said:

You guys should've turned off the ability to fire at the enemy teams. The mode is OK, but it's no fun having to worry about thinking if the other teams are going to respect the "no fire on PVP agreement". I have to end up reporting all who misbehave and turn into an a** h***.

I was thinking about something similar. Why cant it be a team based battle, where we dont fight human players, but cooperate? Like the "Saving Transylvania" event?

• Cool 2

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles
22 hours ago, cptnwhite said:

First thing that upset me was that I had to waste time figuring out what of the 3 ships I got is what and trying to figure out what grindable ships are what, then wasting more time thinking about commander skills that are remotely useful in this very mode (reset isn t for free so u gotta think ahead)...ended up picking very few skills as a result, next up: first game: totally clueless, felt like contributing little and then ended up topping the scoreboard with 1.2k filth and what felt like little dmg (300k), next game (still no clue what cmdr skills to choose), a lot more action, 600k dmg and wtf, 460 filth...HOW...

Aside from that it seems derpy and I got no clue what I m doing, am i m doing alright or not...no clue so wtf...at the very same time i feel like wasting my time. It s just bad and I doubt I ll give it another try after 3 games...so gj wasting ressources for that I guess....

Absolutely pointless post.

Did you check the articles? Read the news? Watched others play?

Having no clue is fine when you're trying something new but nowadays there are so many resources to learn and watch other's experience. 

Filth has absolutely nothing to do with DMG. How much DMG you did and how many ships you sunk is are the least important things in this mode.

While I do criticize many aspects of this mode, I can't agree with a single line you wrote and I'd advise you to inform yourself a bit before writing such nonsense on the forum.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
42 posts
25,806 battles
On 11/2/2019 at 1:22 AM, Palubarac said:
On 11/1/2019 at 3:08 AM, cptnwhite said:

Absolutely pointless post.

Did you check the articles? Read the news? Watched others play?

Having no clue is fine when you're trying something new but nowadays there are so many resources to learn and watch other's experience. 

Filth has absolutely nothing to do with DMG. How much DMG you did and how many ships you sunk is are the least important things in this mode.

While I do criticize many aspects of this mode, I can't agree with a single line you wrote and I'd advise you to inform yourself a bit before writing such nonsense on the forum.

For special ppl lacking the ability to abstract:

First thing that upset me was that I had to waste time figuring out what of the 3 ships I got is what and trying to figure out what grindable ships are what,

1. I do call it a waste of time for a temporary mode if you gotta go back and forth from the post to figure out what ship is what...even more so if they re carbon copies to tech tree ships anyway

- solution: be straight forward, save ppl time, call ships the way they re called in the game instead of renaming things for no added value at all

then wasting more time thinking about commander skills that are remotely useful in this very mode (reset isn t for free so u gotta think ahead)...ended up picking very few skills as a result,

2. New mode therefore hard to predict what crew skills are beneficial, no ability to reset skills for free therefore making ppl waste more time checking out vids or thinking twice about what crew skills to pick in the first place

- solution: make the crew skill reset free or at least heavily discount it

next up: first game: totally clueless, felt like contributing little and then ended up topping the scoreboard with 1.2k filth and what felt like little dmg (300k), next game (still no clue what cmdr skills to choose), a lot more action, 600k dmg and wtf, 460 filth...HOW... 

Aside from that it seems derpy and I got no clue what I m doing, am i m doing alright or not...no clue so wtf...at the very same time i feel like wasting my time.

3. Lack of relation between effort and reward and no clear guideline how to max out profits makes it all feel derpy and pointless aka a waste of time

-solution: establish a clear effort-reward relation, preferably in a way that doing more pays off and/or is at least clearly predictable (positive feedback loop).

EDIT...and this is a big one:

After my first mostly negative impressions that nearly made me walk away from this mode, I decided to give it a proper try....and gee, I m so glad I did.

Whilst I still stand by the first 2 points I made, I d say i was plain wrong when it comes to the 3rd.

I prematurely judged it by what I m used to and the first 2 points led me to not giving this mode a fair chance.. so I took a deep breath and tried.....I played this a lot by now and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

This is more like taking part in a social experiment, it s evident that the best outcome can be achieved by cooperating and not attacking other players and yet, it basically never happens and that irrational dimension is part of the beauty of that mode. It s this uncertainty of what the others- even those who pretend going for truce - will do and it s such a good laugh to punish the irrational ones attacking you.

The fact that the bots basically always do the same- especially at the start- was an EXTREMLY good design decision (!) as it guarantees that ppl bring some loot to the decisive end game where they ll meet the players at the portal. This spices things up coz teams now face the question, "do I keep the truce and keep what I got? / will those having less loot attack me? / or should my team even go rogue and attack the others?" Meanwhile even if the bots around the centre area close to the portal basically always do the same, they still can be an interfering factor adding a degree of uncertainty whilst not being truly decisive for the real player vs player interaction.

The interaction with players in chat also adds to the fun (both enemy and team). It doesnt rly depend all that much on their skill level, I dived a lot with deep red 45%ers or orange 47%ers that were willing to try and learn and it was nice to see them living up to the challenge, playing their role and growing into it... I also played with ppl I know who are better and yes, ofc this also leads to more profitable games but honestly, I just had as much fun with ppl I met along the way regardless of the outcome...and this is a really good sign I d say.

I truly want this mode to stay, it s that breath of fresh air that was desperately needed...I d also say that this has the potential of dragging new ppl into the game...I haven t checked but I hope that new players can also play this coz I know ppl who d like this mode.

On a sidenote, the special style camos are nice but overpriced (aka 8k for a t10 one) I admit I m tempted to buy one just for the sake of rewarding u for introducing this very mode.. again, those should cost 6k and not 8k, still a premium compared to the normal one but I d say 1k extra for the artwork can be seen as justified.

• Cool 3

Players
394 posts
13,987 battles

This mode is a lot of fun with a full div capable of holding its own against any truce-breakers. It's frustrating that it doesn't count for most of the daily mission chains. WG obviously goes to a lot of work to make these seasonal events, so I don't understand why they discourage us from playing them by withholding the normal rewards for playing from those who play the event.

• Cool 3

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles

Also, the bug when complimenting a player is still here, after I reported it multiple times during PTS.

Again making fun of "Thanks a lot for your feedback" BS.

When you want to compliment your team mate it says "worthy adversary" and when you want to compliment the enemy players it says "plays well".

Should be the other way around. But who cares, right? Not WG, for sure.

[OCTO]
Players
1,084 posts
21,134 battles

Predictive (waaaay too predictive - as mentioned all bots spawn at the same spot and do the same thing) and repetitive. 

It took me about 25 battles to get T VIII and T IX camo. The rest of the prizes are not worth and T X grind would be soul-crushingly repetitive as the 8000 per bundle is insane. 

So, the question is - was it worth all the effort if WoWs addicts (like me) give up after approximately 25 battles at 6-8 minutes each. In my opinion, not worth of dev resources. 

[SRW]
Players
160 posts
14,659 battles
On 11/1/2019 at 7:58 PM, Manfred257 said:

I was thinking about something similar. Why cant it be a team based battle, where we dont fight human players, but cooperate? Like the "Saving Transylvania" event?

Because it's WG and they just have to screw us somehow.

• Funny 1

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles

PvE battle = easier filth = more rewards = less special camo sales for doubloons

Once you try to see things from WG perspective where only profit matters, it's quite easy to figure out all their decisions.

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles

Can you believe I obtained this by playing with random players? Cooperating with the rest... while being chat banned?

Nah, I can't believe it either.

raid.jpg

[SRW]
Players
160 posts
14,659 battles

@Palubarac

It can be done...

But too many liars out there saying no fire, yet they shoot.

So I'm always out of reports :)

shot-19.11.09_22.28.54-0297.jpg

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,712 battles

it's not fun but it's serviceable as an alternative to Halloween Operations, because it's easier and the reward is always guaranteed if wasn't for that I wouldn't come closer to twilight.

I don't get much filth (I don't even try it) and I end up with filth

The best ship in there is the rust something, with the faster reload of all and with the right consumables. (I didn't like Maverick )

But overall Igor, Jackal, Syotozar and Magnu-S are still the Best.by far.

I don't know why, but even the last year ships they weren't as good (I'm talking about Octupus, Leviathan)

What happened WG? Did you Made Igor and the others and broke the mould?

I want to see more ships like Igor, Syatozar and Magnu-S, you could exploit further about where they come from, and so on.

if I want Madmax crap i'll go to crossout

[L4GG]
Players
2,350 posts
8,712 battles
23 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Can you believe I obtained this by playing with random players? Cooperating with the rest... while being chat banned?

Nah, I can't believe it either.

raid.jpg

I don't collect filth and I spent 17 k of it in bundles today.

[OGHF]
Players
3 posts
8,442 battles

Please keep this mode: its fun: the peace or no peace adds an extra dimension to it. Rewards aren't bad: coal is always useful and whats not to like about free perma camos? Also its a good learning curve for a noob like me when divved up with one of the contributors above (will spare their blushes but you know who you are)

Mog

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,731 posts
4,032 battles
Před 18 hodinami Moses_Mog řekl/a:

Please keep this mode: its fun: the peace or no peace adds an extra dimension to it. Rewards aren't bad: coal is always useful and whats not to like about free perma camos? Also its a good learning curve for a noob like me when divved up with one of the contributors above (will spare their blushes but you know who you are)

Mog

It kinda teach diplomacy a little. You make a truce on some conditions and you need to also figure out, if the second side of the deal is trustworthy enough, that they will keep the truce. Pretty often it happens, that those, who called for peace opens fire the first... :fish_glass:

[SRW]
Players
1,464 posts
7,024 battles
57 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

It kinda teach diplomacy a little. You make a truce on some conditions and you need to also figure out, if the second side of the deal is trustworthy enough, that they will keep the truce. Pretty often it happens, that those, who called for peace opens fire the first... :fish_glass:

Either way... it's way less riskier than fighting all enemy teams (players) and all bots, including Rasputin and all insane DDs around.

Even if someone starts shooting first, you can always shoot back. 

It's always worth a try.

[SONLY]
Players
65 posts
15,904 battles

I love this event. Gives much more credits, CptExp and Free-Exp then normal random matches. There is nearly 0 frustrating if you go with 2 clanmates into it - if you go solo in it, sometimes it is frustrating, but solo I try to fill my DD with 500 and leave and start next.

This is quit relaxing modus and the loot you will get for free (T10-Prem-Camo) is quit good from WG. I love it.

[TPHO]
Players
26 posts
801 battles

Its fun, please keep it. Easy to play, lots of rewards and good learning for noobs like me.

But i really dont get the morons shooting on other players, there really is no good reason to do so......