You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Starchy_Tuber

WG - Something has to give....

222 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
2,637 posts
8,829 battles

The problem is the playerbase and nothing else and the devs can't fix it

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
7,558 posts
8,150 battles
13 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

They could make it so they would atleast l2p, or play lowertiers. Alltho i can understand, that the risk is too great that people would instead quit the game, and those players are the cashcows for WG because they need to spend money, otherwise they couldnt afford their unique playstyle :Smile_sad:

[GURKA]
Players
4,101 posts
9,090 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

They could make it so they would atleast l2p, or play lowertiers. Alltho i can understand, that the risk is too great that people would instead quit the game, and those players are the cashcows for WG because they need to spend money, otherwise they couldnt afford their unique playstyle :Smile_sad:

Actually I wouldn't call it a risk, more a pretty sure prediction. Imagine you wouldn't be allowed to play T10 because of - let's say - only top 10 players are allowed to Tier 10. I wouldn't like it, if I wouldn't be allowed to play my favorite ships ^^

• Cool 4

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,326 posts
6,857 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Bad players think that they are great, and it's everyone else at fault. They can't be forced to L2P since they think it's everyone else who's wrong. Alternatively, they think it's purely luck, or rigged against them.

Average players can't think outside of very basic ideas like DD go to caps. So when they see a bad player avoiding the cap (I hunt CV!), OR a good player avoid the cap (it's full of smoked up radar ships), they put it all down as bad play, and again it's all someone else's fault.

Slightly above average players tend to think they're the best thing ever, and refuse to acknowledge they might actually make mistakes as well.

Unicum players frequently have unrealistic expectations, forgetting that being in the top 10% means that 90% of players are worse than them.

Look at the forums - lots of complaints about bad teams, WG need to do something about bad players, or make people learn things. Very very few people actually asking for advice, or admitting they might not know everything/be the best.

• Cool 14
  • Boring 1

Weekend Tester
1,023 posts
6,371 battles

So what Notser is saying is that we should fix Humanity in general.

Because lets face it, world of warships isn't the only game that has potatoes as the dominant population. Lets name a few shall we?

Spoiler

World of Tanks

Counter Strike

W** T******

Rainbow 6

Command and Conquer (r.i.p)

League of Legends

Elite Dangerous

Call of Duty

Scum

Escape from Tarkov

Hearts of Iron IV

Minecraft - Vanila, Tekkit, Mine-Z...

Monopoly

ShellShock live

Broforce

Gran Turismo Sport

Ace Combat 7

Golf with your friends

We need to go deeper

Sniper Elite

HuniePop...

Need for speed: Hot Pursuit 2

Interstate 76/82

This isn't a WGs problem because there are just people that refuse to learn or change their routines.

46 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

They could make it so they would atleast l2p, or play lowertiers. 

There has been this amazing saying since i started playing Wot back in 2011 or something: "No matter how s*** you are, with enough games, anyone can reach an E100"

Thus spawing these:

image.png.1e8b8daf078f547fe40a3c383d33e4a8.png

Maybe we should appropriate these with a Yamato for our forum...:fish_book:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

[NWP]
Players
7,558 posts
8,150 battles
20 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Actually I wouldn't call it a risk, more a pretty sure prediction. Imagine you wouldn't be allowed to play T10 because of - let's say - only top 10 players are allowed to Tier 10. I wouldn't like it, if I wouldn't be allowed to play my favorite ships ^^

Ofc we already moved way past any point to salvage anything. Changing Economy would be one thing (or block battle spamming and stop stupid missions / Hall of fame)

26 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Look at the forums - lots of complaints about bad teams, WG need to do something about bad players, or make people learn things

Would be a start to force people to actually PLAY the game. I dont consider rushing into certain death 2 mins into the game as actually playing, even more so if BBs/Cruisers do it. But you can see that with an alarming frequency lately :cap_old:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,695 posts
6,918 battles
24 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

, or make people learn things

Heres the main issue, you cant force someone to learn that is the problem, peoples unwillingless to learn, because somehow in the last 20 years people got it in theyr beans that one has to get everything presented to them on a platter, for no effort. 

Basicly people are beccoming soo lazy it's not even funny. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 8

Players
287 posts
13,108 battles

a skill base mission set will help people learn the game better, there is already 4 perma campaigns with alot of content in, but people just repeat the first 2 missions over and over again, how about a 5th perma campaign where that is impossible, and to unlock said campaign 100% 3 of the other campaigns there is alot of content there already....

WG wouldnt have to have a complete campaign just say tasks 1 complete with tasks 2 says "soon"

to unlock campaign could take the majority of the player base about a year to do so with the amount of content, so tasks 2 soon, could be next year tasks 2 ready / task 3 soon?

the people that struggle at the game will be focused on going back to the older missions to unlock said new one if the carrot is juicy enough 

the end result should be an improved battles with more skill resulting in less one sided battles

i have thought about this for awhile but never really posted it, 

do u forum people think this will help improve the player base?

• Cool 3

Players
1,248 posts
8,427 battles

I'd like one more perma campaign but not wit t10 ships only. Something with variance and perhaps involving the newly added nation lines (Russian, Italian etc)

• Cool 2

Players
235 posts
1,084 battles

Simple solution split the queue for Random into 2;

queue 1 is for "I like playing warships and whilst I want to win I won't throw a hissy fit on the forum if I lose due to my team"

queue 2 is for "I take warships seriously and absolutely must be on a team of similar players or I will throw a hissy fit even if I win"

It is a team game played by 12 individuals who if you're lucky might be know what they're doing.

It is NOT a football or similar team game........

flame on:cap_cool::cap_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
2,862 posts
29,362 battles
3 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Simple solution split the queue for Random into 2;

queue 1 is for "I like playing warships and whilst I want to win I won't throw a hissy fit on the forum if I lose due to my team"

queue 2 is for "I take warships seriously and absolutely must be on a team of similar players or I will throw a hissy fit even if I win"

It is a team game played by 12 individuals who if you're lucky might be know what they're doing.

It is NOT a football or similar team game........

flame on:cap_cool::cap_popcorn:

And how many bad players see themself as good players?? Just asking. Think you'll be surprised by the answer

• Cool 4

[-LA-]
Players
338 posts
3,105 battles

entirely WG fault.

the game doesnt encourage people to play for the win , your not rewarded for doing what you "should"  the game rewards people for doing the "wrong" things , its not surprising do what they are encouraged to do and not what others think they should.

1. Design the game so the natural way to play and the desired way to play actually co incide rathe than as is the case here are in direct competition

2. reward the behaviour you want. the only thing that is rewarded (and even appears to be more than it is) is whoring damage. 

the game beats you over the head with it time and time again , stay alive , whore damage. really not surprising so many people think its what your supposed to do is it?

• Cool 2

[WASP_]
Players
385 posts
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I do not understand why people cannot write a sentence describing their issue.

If it is not important enough for you to write about, it is not important enough for other people to watch a video.

Do you mind if I may make my own mind up on that thank you. Who the hell made you spokesperson for all?

• Cool 1

Players
697 posts
10,260 battles
2 hours ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Lets let  Notser do the talking....and simply say that I totally agree with him, and you absolutely have a problem.

@Crysantos @MrConway

If you can't be bothered to summarise don't expect me to bother watching whatever you're plugging.

However from reading subsequent posts I can probably guess, and I feel this is applicable:

w88kw3z5dls31.thumb.jpg.b8f12532d43cc89599410907017dbc1b.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,974 posts
12,593 battles

Hi all,

Guys... the "Random" and/or "Ranked" battles these days are usually 60%-70%-80% consisting of players below 50% overall WinRate... :Smile-angry:

One simply can't expect anything good from such teams (both friendly and enemy)... sad but true... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I just realized that I haven't played one single "Random" game in past 3 weeks... I only did both "Ranked Sprint" and daily missions with CoOp... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,949 posts
11,086 battles
2 hours ago, Yoshanai said:

The opposite in fact. This playerbase is the direct result of WGs choices  and their developers.

Its a red line from even before release to the current state.

Want to fix one? Dispose of the other.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
21,746 posts
13,052 battles
27 minutes ago, Merlin851526 said:

Do you mind if I may make my own mind up on that thank you. Who the hell made you spokesperson for all?

No problem. But you should learn the difference between "other people" and "all other people" :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
1,023 posts
6,371 battles
31 minutes ago, Merlin851526 said:

@ColonelPete is the self proclaimed god of both German and English Wows sub forums. There is no other way to put it.

Its all in the spreadsheets and and is backed up by statistics :fish_glass:

• Funny 8

Players
155 posts
7,313 battles
2 hours ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Lets let  Notser do the talking....and simply say that I totally agree with him, and you absolutely have a problem.

Spoiler

Yep, me too! I totally agree with the main point of this video: If you get stuck hugging your island waifu use autopilot to get out.. spot on. 

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
21,746 posts
13,052 battles
11 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

@ColonelPete is the self proclaimed god of both German and English Wows sub forums. There is no other way to put it.

Its all in the spreadsheets and and is backed up by statistics :fish_glass:

Whatever you take, change the dosage.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[IDDQD]
Players
370 posts
10,661 battles

i have seen SO MUCH worse than the vid, 12:0 games, 4-5 min games are common stuff these days

in the vid the team lost all DDs 2mins into battle, and that's very hard to recover from, yet they still nearly turned it and he had monster game, even if loss

I would easily trade that loss for most of my wins tbh.

• Cool 5

[WASP_]
Players
385 posts
25 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No problem. But you should learn the difference between "other people" and "all other people" :Smile_great:

Okay. Who made you spokesperson for "other people"? It's exactly the same thing but I understand your need to be pedantic, heaven knows you have to cling to something. Subject matter aside, it's hard to introduce a spreadsheet into this thread eh?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts

Whenever I moan or whinge about DD's, MM, Spuds with NFI I always see as much "it's you" you're the crap one.

The game feels very disjointed, and it is ticking a lot of people off, DD's do rush off to commit suicide, Russians are OP (2 nerfs in next update), Island Hugging Cruisers spam HE, BB's camp out, MM is still a pile of excrement,  AA doesn't work properly i.e if a T6 Cv sends his planes against my T8 Alabama "ZERO" planes should get thru, cv's are clearly "STILL" Over powered.

My premiums seem to be uptiered more than my tech tree ships, loot boxes and container contents are poor / expensive.

I compare this game to a new housing development ; build house, after house, after house, but forget the infrastructure and it's a pile of MM (excrement). What for example was the point in the research bureau, did it work ?, all it did was put pro's with high level captains in low tier ships, these days you can get to Tier ten in what 200 hundred games ?.  Leaving a player with less than a month's experience against someone who's played for years.

Doesn't anybody at WG realise the importance of getting the basics right (infrastructure) before introducing yet more features, when exactly will MM, and Cv's, let alone Subs be finally balanced.

Personally I think half the problem is the Russian Bias, given that the Russian's themselves think they are always right.

Games are no longer enjoyable, the only answer is to implement a PROPER research / training centre which sets player guidelines / goals before going onto the next tier, IT SHOULD take at least 1000 games to get to T10.        Is there anything to stop a total noob from buying a Jean Bart?.

What hope of WG resolving the misery; about as much as getting MM and CV's right, ABSOLUTELY ZERO.

THE quickest way to resolve some issues (e.g he spamming & BB's hanging back) cut the amount of islands to half, cruisers would have to move, BB's wouldn't fear islands, play would be more dynamic.    When Bismarck sank hood I can't remember 5000 islands getting in the way. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1