Tanatoy

Visibility changes

5 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
3,619 posts
3,348 battles

Hi,

Thanks in advance for your feedback regarding the visibility changes applied in game with the 0.8.9.

[SRW]
Players
1,465 posts
7,024 battles

I'll repeat the question I made on the PTS section of the forum, during the PTS since it was ignored.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:57 AM, Palubarac said:

What about smoke and this updated spotting/detection scheme?

If I released a smoke and I briefly appear on the enemy's sight, will I be visible for the next 3 seconds despite being fully in smoke?

That would be a hard nerf for the DDs and CAs with smoke because many times you get detected and pop a smoke. Each second could be the last and having additional 3 seconds of being spotted while stopping in smoke (basically a stationary, easy target) would have a high chance of sending you straight to port...

I'm asking because I believe it's important and I see no mention of smoke (other than the new type for ITA cruisers)...

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
2,297 battles

I want to give a general feedback, concerning sight in smoke (sorry if this is an old, already clarified topic warmed up):

I would highly appreciate it, if for a player staying in smoke the radius of sight could be decreased. Technically I'm thinking about something that would end up like being in a cyclone: even if your team mates spot an enemy, you only see the shapes on the mini-map.

Just today, it happened a couple of times that some enemy, camping in smoke shot the hell out of me. This is extremely unrealistic, because how should he be able to look out from smoke, if no one else could look into?  

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,731 posts
4,032 battles

Captains!

Update 0.8.10 will arrive to EU server tomorrow, so that is why I am closing this thread. Thanks for understanding :Smile_honoring: