Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tanatoy

Balance changes, improvements & fixes

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
3,619 posts
3,348 battles

Hi,

 

Thanks in advance for your feedback regarding the balance changes and the different improvements & fixes applied on the 0.8.9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles

With the changes of Kremlin you missed the chance to bring her back in line with the rest of the techtree.

Instead of lowering her Sigma, you decided to keep her much increased accuracy and instead changed her shells, which will have only a small impact on her performance.

 

The Vladi change on the other hand seems appropriate.

 

The Blyska change is welcome, but there are more ships from the early days you need to take a look at.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
76 posts
9,276 battles

Let's talk about italian cruisers... I got three of them:


Raimondo Montecuccoli (which you nerfed over it was already nerfed enough, but probably having a 13 s reload instead of a 14.3 it was making the ship able to do more than 30k DMG per game...) it has no armour and a huge citadel so getting oneshot is more a rule than exception, the consumable smokes are way too few (3 maxed with premium+captain) and their duration is too short and reload is way too long, damage output is AWFUL with SAP bouncing off like any other AP would do, penetrations are not so frequent too and on top of it no chance to set fire is an additional handicap when also your RoF is similar to that of Furutaka (which has a wonderful 203 mm that deals massive damage with both shells). Torps are quick to reload but they are immense slowly and so situational to use that they are not such a great addition to the play style... The ship is not only not funny to play, but it is also a serious PAIN IN THE [edited].

 

Trento is a bit better but still the RoF is too low and SAP are not so effective to justify the nerfing of bouncing off angles you did before... I found myself running from a DD because I couldn't achieve more than bounces!!! For instance, he nearly killed me with HE and fires... Another frustrating ship with absolutely nothing nice to say "well we have some drawbacks but at least this ship is good at doing this", actually italian cruisers of the main line seems to be good at being free kills .

 

Genova is the worst ship ever seen in WoWS, worse than Krasniy Krim and Roma (or Giulio Cesare after your kind armour&sigma nerf), it simply doesn't manage to do anything because it has nearly a fire rate of BB and the effective dmg output depending on the unreliable SAP and AP (bouncing off is more frustrating when you need to wait 20 s to bounce off again and again). Torps are even worse than other ships, it has no smokes, IT IS GOOD AT NOTHING! 

 

Thanks for releasing such orribly nerfed ships... I waited them so long and now they came so bad... Please let them at least be somehow fun to play, increase damage output, do not let enemy ships be immune and balance them accordingly pls! Italian heavy cruisers were heavily armoured usally, I cannot see them being so light like british CLs! And if you want to give something like British like at least give us the SAP with a proper bouncing angle like British AP, increase RoF and please make something to let us play it, make them useful for the team somehow because there is no use also for the team. They don't have radar, they don't have a reliable smoke, they don't have hydro, they don't do fires, they son't deal any serious damage and moreover they cannot protect themselves from damage nor repair the damage taken!

 

Do something otherwise they will disappear from the game, ppl don't play this game to get frustrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Fede15thPzDiv said:

Genova is the worst ship ever seen in WoWS, worse than Krasniy Krim and Roma (or Giulio Cesare after your kind armour&sigma nerf), it simply doesn't manage to do anything because it has nearly a fire rate of BB and the effective dmg output depending on the unreliable SAP and AP (bouncing off is more frustrating when you need to wait 20 s to bounce off again and again). Torps are even worse than other ships, it has no smokes, IT IS GOOD AT NOTHING! 

 

Armor&Sigma nerf on Guilio? Woot? And she is bad?

Are you really that eager to not be taken seriously?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
8,081 posts
6,021 battles
On 10/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, ColonelPete said:

With the changes of Kremlin you missed the chance to bring her back in line with the rest of the techtree.

Instead of lowering her Sigma, you decided to keep her much increased accuracy and instead changed her shells, which will have only a small impact on her performance.

 

Maybe WG didn’t want to bring her in line with the others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
23 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

Maybe WG didn’t want to bring her in line with the others?

That is obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AW13]
Players
9 posts
3,867 battles

Did WG accidentally  broke the HE bombs of high level CV´s ? After several games, I noticed my HE bombs just get nowhere near their 45% fire starter chance, more like 4% ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
76 posts
9,276 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Armor&Sigma nerf on Guilio? Woot? And she is bad?

Are you really that eager to not be taken seriously?

 

Did you try Giulio Cesare? Before the bow was double (as in the real model, thus granting no cits from there, now that additional armour is not present anymore. Also, I noticed that since a while the precision of Giulio guns is nearly the same as the Roma ones, able to miss a BB from only 7 km when getting unlucky shots.

 

By the way, the post was only about cruisers released in this patch, since this topic actually is taking care only of the newly introduced mechanics, balancement, etc. So please if you want to enrich in any way the discussion please comment as stated below the intro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
1 minute ago, Fede15thPzDiv said:

 

Did you try Giulio Cesare? Before the bow was double (as in the real model, thus granting no cits from there, now that additional armour is not present anymore. Also, I noticed that since a while the precision of Giulio guns is nearly the same as the Roma ones, able to miss a BB from only 7 km when getting unlucky shots.

 

By the way, the post was only about cruisers released in this patch, since this topic actually is taking care only of the newly introduced mechanics, balancement, etc. So please if you want to enrich in any way the discussion please comment as stated below the intro. 

You brought up another ship. I will comment on it.

 

The second bow was discussed at length and it is still there. WG deactivated the display in the armor viewer.

Dispersion did not change, even for a mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
76 posts
9,276 battles
17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You brought up another ship. I will comment on it.

 

The second bow was discussed at length and it is still there. WG deactivated the display in the armor viewer.

Dispersion did not change, even for a mm.

 

The armour stuff I wasn't aware of it, dispersion I can actually notice a huge difference between when I started playing it after a while I stopped and it doesn't feel exactly the same...

 

Still waiting for your consideration about Italian Cruisers btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
35 minutes ago, Fede15thPzDiv said:

 

The armour stuff I wasn't aware of it, dispersion I can actually notice a huge difference between when I started playing it after a while I stopped and it doesn't feel exactly the same...

 

Still waiting for your consideration about Italian Cruisers btw

Feelings are a bad benchmark for changes, especially when you can look up the data.

 

My feedback concerning SAP is all over the forum. I still suggest a reduction in Alpha and a shorter reload for the guns.

Since I played only one game in Genova and there is no useable server data, it is too early to judge her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
76 posts
9,276 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Feelings are a bad benchmark for changes, especially when you can look up the data.

 

My feedback concerning SAP is all over the forum. I still suggest a reduction in Alpha and a shorter reload for the guns.

Since I played only one game in Genova and there is no useable server data, it is too early to judge her.

Lowering the reload time, in my opinion, is a must, but I think also they should give us the possibility to shot at enemies coming at angles (such as HE for any other ship). Lowering alpha must be then supported by other buffs in terms of a repair party like the UK ships, stronger armour and/or better concealment. 

 

If we want to look at datas we can make a simple calculation of DPM and anyone will come out that even though this is lower than other cruisers... Anyone but not the WG balancement team obviously :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Fede15thPzDiv said:

Lowering the reload time, in my opinion, is a must, but I think also they should give us the possibility to shot at enemies coming at angles (such as HE for any other ship). Lowering alpha must be then supported by other buffs in terms of a repair party like the UK ships, stronger armour and/or better concealment. 

 

If we want to look at datas we can make a simple calculation of DPM and anyone will come out that even though this is lower than other cruisers... Anyone but not the WG balancement team obviously :Smile_trollface:

DPM numbers do not mean much.

BB have less DPM than cruisers, but usually BB do more damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
76 posts
9,276 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

DPM numbers do not mean much.

BB have less DPM than cruisers, but usually BB do more damage.

Bcs they can do citadels and deal massive damage each salvo thanks to their superior guns, but I was more roughly speaking of cruisers vs cruisers and I take only DPM just not to count the fire dmg you actually don't do with ITA ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
1 minute ago, Fede15thPzDiv said:

Bcs they can do citadels and deal massive damage each salvo thanks to their superior guns, but I was more roughly speaking of cruisers vs cruisers and I take only DPM just not to count the fire dmg you actually don't do with ITA ships

And SAP can penetrate stuff HE cannot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
76 posts
9,276 battles

 

1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

And SAP can penetrate stuff HE cannot.

SAP can bounce stuffs HE do not :Smile_trollface: also they don't deal fire dmg, nor they get buffs from using 1/4 pen rule or IFHE or Demo Exp... And add to it that RoF is ridiculous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
6 minutes ago, Fede15thPzDiv said:

 

SAP can bounce stuffs HE do not :Smile_trollface: also they don't deal fire dmg, nor they get buffs from using 1/4 pen rule or IFHE or Demo Exp... And add to it that RoF is ridiculous

And that is why you cannot compare DPM. Both shell types work differently.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
76 posts
9,276 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

And that is why you cannot compare DPM. Both shell types work differently.

And that's why italian SAP feel so shitty :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
76 posts
9,276 battles

But forget the DPM and analyze the tactics to be done.

Stay in concealment and shoot ships only when more appropriate? You could, but concealment sucks, so you have to stay at sidereal distances, ergo, the safe is very dispersed, and you don’t have much punch, so? would serve to shoot more often so that for so much that the save disperses at least one or two shots to sign frequently enter... and instead no because the rof is that of a BB... then let’s get closer to score pinkish narrower and maximize output to save, but you are armored with pizza cartons and you have the citadel practically everywhere so you get instakilled, so at this point you will have a consumable to use that will save your [edited]like the smoke of the English CL... yes, but it sucks lasts 40 sec and rand reloads in the next game... So at this point you tell me how to express a good gameplay with Montecuccoli or Genova or Trento apart from standing still behind an island and shooting hoping that your team won’t die... since you can’t help them at all because all the consumables which are useful for a good teamplay you don’t have... So tell me how should we play accordingly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
2 minutes ago, BigRed_Potato said:

Tired of being shafted by MM 

That does not look like a MM problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
17 minutes ago, BigRed_Potato said:

Only 500 posts to go to 20k and maybe you'll shut up !!!

Looks like I struck a nerve :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×