Sign in to follow this  
Orbo

Monitor UltraWide 21:9

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
20 posts
6,402 battles

I would like to buy an ultrawide monitor, what format and what resolutions do you recommend for playing with WOW?

is 21: 9 supported?

3440 x 1440
2560 x 1440
2560 x 1080 pixels?

If any of you already have a monitor like this, could you post a picture of the desk? Maybe with a common object of comparison?  Thanks
(example: a meteorite)

7 answers to this question

[RBMF]
847 posts
7,241 battles

Hello,

Yes 21:9 is supported. Hard to recommend a monitor resolution, generally the higher the better but it depends on your computer specs. I.E Your CPU and GPU. As for the monitor it also depends on what you want. There are different types of monitors and panels depending on whether you want best colour accuracy and contrast or whether you want fast response times and high refresh rates. Personally, I've gone with both worlds by just having two monitors. One LCD TN Panel for videogames and an RGB LED Monitor for movies, work, art etc

Here's a couple videos that will hopefully help you.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
491 posts
9,263 battles
On 10/15/2019 at 1:38 AM, Orbo said:

3440 x 1440
2560 x 1440
2560 x 1080 pixels?

2560x1440 is not ultrawide, but regular 16:9 aspect ratio. 

Warships supports ultrawide, and in my opinion is better on an ultrawide display. The reason is that you can increase minimap to maximum size and it won't obstruct the gameplay. 

Below's my desk, with the game on a 29" ultrawide. I have Matchmaking Monitor on the 23" next to it. 

bridge.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
20 posts
6,402 battles
Alle 27/10/2019 alle 03:22, asalonen ha scritto:

2560x1440 is not ultrawide, but regular 16:9 aspect ratio. 

Warships supports ultrawide, and in my opinion is better on an ultrawide display. The reason is that you can increase minimap to maximum size and it won't obstruct the gameplay. 

Below's my desk, with the game on a 29" ultrawide. I have Matchmaking Monitor on the 23" next to it. 

bridge.jpg

Your set is veramete beautiful, clean and tidy configuration, I'll ask you a question: aren't you too close to the monitor?

[THESO]
Players
491 posts
9,263 battles
3 hours ago, Orbo said:

I'll ask you a question: aren't you too close to the monitor?

I don't sit upright, but lean way back and play with my arms pretty straight. Desk is also very low. I played racing sims a lot before, and the desk setup is same as then.

Spoiler

It's also supposed to be healthier:

_42328901_seating_pos3_416.gif

Players
183 posts

I run a Acer Predator X34 P @ 3440 x 1440
21.9 and the runs great with a 1080ti I've even ran it with a old GTX 780.

Sign in to follow this