Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_DemonGuard_

Penetration ribbon with overpenetration damage

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[NWP]
Players
6,826 posts
7,602 battles
11 minutes ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

But can you explain me how i did get overpenetration damage with a HE shell? 

 

Same as above mentioned AP mechanics: If you hit an AA mount with an HE shell, you would have caused 0 damage previously. Now you deal overpen damage.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
489 posts
14 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Same as above mentioned AP mechanics: If you hit an AA mount with an HE shell, you would have caused 0 damage previously. Now you deal overpen damage.

But that should only happen if the AA mount is already destroyed, otherwise it would apply it's damage to the mount, right? Do you remember the patch number when they changed this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,826 posts
7,602 battles
4 minutes ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

But that should only happen if the AA mount is already destroyed, otherwise it would apply it's damage to the mount, right? Do you remeber the patch number when they changed this?

 

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.8.5#Improvements_to_the_Game_Mechanics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,319 posts
9,236 battles

How do i get 6364 dmg with 1 overpen? Whats the math behind it?

shot-19.10.23_10.48.03-0585.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,826 posts
7,602 battles
2 minutes ago, kfa said:

How do i get 6364 dmg with 1 overpen? Whats the math behind it?

 

1480 (overpen) + 4884 (penetration) = 6364.

This actually can make sense, as the shell can overpenetrate one section, and detonate in another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AMOK]
Players
1,604 posts
7,519 battles

Happened to me, too.

Had some weird damage in a FdG game 1-2 days ago.

Was shooting (with the "small" guns) AP on a cruiser. The game showed me 3 Pens and 1 Overpen with ~3,8k dmg :Smile_amazed: I know it sounds unbelievable because 4 of 8 FdG shells hit but you have to trust me here^^

I don't think they'll ever get that straight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×