Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_DemonGuard_

Penetration ribbon with overpenetration damage

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
488 posts

Is it only me or did anyone else notice this as well? Lately, I get tons of AP penetration ribbons, but the actual damage dealt is exactly the overpenetration damage. I think it is since the last patch. Did they introduce a new bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,776 posts
7,590 battles

Thats actually a "bugfix" where Penetrations didnt cause any damage. To fix it a little bit, certain penetrations now deal overpen damage instead of no damage at all. F.e. you penetrate at a secondary battery, you will get overpen damage, because if you would overpenetrate that battery in the first place, you would also receive overpen damage.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
488 posts
7 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Thats actually a "bugfix" where Penetrations didnt cause any damage. To fix it a little bit, certain penetrations now deal overpen damage instead of no damage at all. F.e. you penetrate at a secondary battery, you will get overpen damage, because if you would overpenetrate that battery in the first place, you would also receive overpen damage.

Wasn't that "bugfix" a while ago?

And if that's the reason, why didn't WG change it to show an overpenetration ribbon then? Ok, who am i kidding here, it's WG. Of course they didn't do it the obvious way, instead they are showing a penetration ribbon for a no longer existing AA/secondary gun and give me the overpenetration damage, because they reworked the ribbons to better match the shown ribbons with the actual damage...makes sense.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,447 posts
9,258 battles

Penetration mechanics is one big BS.

 

When I shoot broadside target at close range on waterline and lets say I get 6 hits (grouped closely together) and the game gives me 2x of each ribbon ... I loose my will to play.

 

Or instances where you deal nothing but overpens, but when the target has 2k HP left you suddenly get 4 citadels....

 

BS.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,310 posts
9,206 battles
18 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Penetration mechanics is one big BS.

 

When I shoot broadside target at close range on waterline and lets say I get 6 hits (grouped closely together) and the game gives me 2x of each ribbon ... I loose my will to play.

 

Or instances where you deal nothing but overpens, but when the target has 2k HP left you suddenly get 4 citadels....

 

BS.

I think Flambass had recently a fight in his DesMoines vs a Montana on 10+ km and after 60 shells the killing blow was a 1100 HP citadel... 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
552 posts
10,058 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

2k HP left you suddenly get 4 citadels....

Please provide screenshot of that.

It is common to get 1 citadel at low health targets. To get 4 citadels there must be something wrong with citadel damage calculations and that was never mentioned in here before.

 

OP please remember that penetrations on most DDs count as overpens but do show penetration ribbon.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,310 posts
9,206 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Please provide screenshot of that.

It is common to get 1 citadel at low health targets. To get 4 citadels there must be something wrong with citadel damage calculations and that was never mentioned in here before.

 

OP please remember that penetrations on most DDs count as overpens but do show penetration ribbon.

Most likely it was sarcasm... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,447 posts
9,258 battles
11 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Please provide screenshot of that.

It is common to get 1 citadel at low health targets. To get 4 citadels there must be something wrong with citadel damage calculations and that was never mentioned in here before.

 

OP please remember that penetrations on most DDs count as overpens but do show penetration ribbon.

 

giphy.gif

 

Let me reverse time and make a screenshot (can't help  it ... I am watching Dark series now) ;) 

Or better ... let me find the game in my replay folder .... :D

 

It was an OPS game ... might be different there ... but yes I admit It only happened to me once to score 4 of them in a final shot.

But that one citadel when the target is low is VERY common.

 

@kfa

Actually I was serious there :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
552 posts
10,058 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Let me reverse time and make a screenshot. Or better ... let me find the game in my replay folder ....

Be so kind and in future do report such things, even if it will not help it will not make things worse... hopefully.

 

One of the issues is that people do not report bugs. Other thing is that mechanics is not that clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,447 posts
9,258 battles
40 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Be so kind and in future do report such things, even if it will not help it will not make things worse... hopefully.

 

One of the issues is that people do not report bugs. Other thing is that mechanics is not that clear.

 

Unfortunately I think WG does not consider this as a bug but rather game mechanics driven heavily by RNG.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,637 posts
2,843 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Or instances where you deal nothing but overpens, but when the target has 2k HP left you suddenly get 4 citadels....

The only reasonable interpretation of such an occurrence, is that the universe hates you.

I share your pain. There are times when the universe hates me, too. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COR3]
Players
1,017 posts
11,614 battles
10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Thats actually a "bugfix" where Penetrations didnt cause any damage. To fix it a little bit, certain penetrations now deal overpen damage instead of no damage at all. F.e. you penetrate at a secondary battery, you will get overpen damage, because if you would overpenetrate that battery in the first place, you would also receive overpen damage.

I noticed the opposite though, had some overpenetration ribbons displayed and dealt a full penetration damage. Something seems whacky lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,625 posts
3,169 battles
4 hours ago, kfa said:

I think Flambass had recently a fight in his DesMoines vs a Montana on 10+ km and after 60 shells the killing blow was a 1100 HP citadel... 

I was in a div with a clan mate, he got a citadel hit and ribbon awarded but with overpen dmg , on a full health target 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,310 posts
9,206 battles
7 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I was in a div with a clan mate, he got a citadel hit and ribbon awarded but with overpen dmg , on a full health target 

Well its still better than the old 3 Yamato pens for 0 dmg ribbons... I guess... 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,776 posts
7,590 battles
26 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

I noticed the opposite though, had some overpenetration ribbons displayed and dealt a full penetration damage. Something seems whacky lately.

 

But those ive had always :cap_haloween: Best one was 2 Overpens on Hindi for 11k with Missouri :cap_wander_2:

Alltho, a shell should be able to overpen one section, and still detonate in another, thus dealing Overpen+pen damage. Shouldnt even be a bug.

 

2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

But that one citadel when the target is low is VERY common. 

 

Yeah, i know many people who complain about that. Must be intentional IMO.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,625 posts
3,169 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

But that one citadel when the target is low is VERY common.

I wonder if this is WG's implementation of a mercy killing mechanic :Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles
50 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I wonder if this is WG's implementation of a mercy killing mechanic :Smile_hiding:

Nope that would be the low hp detonations, at least the victim get's some flags and unlike detonating from full hp, when you do it with a few 100hp those flags don't feel nearly as much of consolidation price :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
488 posts
3 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I was in a div with a clan mate, he got a citadel hit and ribbon awarded but with overpen dmg , on a full health target 

Most funny thing i got so far, was a kill with a ricochet.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,625 posts
3,169 battles
41 minutes ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

Most funny thing i got so far, was a kill with a ricochet.

That could only be funnier if the ricochet was into a team mate and you went pink.

 

I wonder if anybody has had that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,776 posts
7,590 battles
1 minute ago, Fat_Maniac said:

That could only be funnier if the ricochet was into a team mate and you went pink.

 

I wonder if anybody has had that?

 

One shell can only hit one ship. I actually wanted to know at some point, parking 2 ships next to each other, overpenetrating the first and hitting the 2nd - doesnt work. Even if the shells overpenetrate, they dont do anything to the ship behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,504 posts
6,728 battles
7 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

One shell can only hit one ship. I actually wanted to know at some point, parking 2 ships next to each other, overpenetrating the first and hitting the 2nd - doesnt work. Even if the shells overpenetrate, they dont do anything to the ship behind.

I asked long ago something similar, that if richoshets from one target can deal damage to another, like in WoT, but no, once the shell hits i supose it gose from phisical to phantom. 

Would be hillarious tho, to have a shell bounce off one target and detonate a ship next to the target ship. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles
1 hour ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

Most funny thing i got so far, was a kill with a ricochet.

 

How about detonating a DD with an HE shell which didn't even hit him? Happened to me, happend to strangers123 but sadly as he was streaming you can actually look that up on his twitch channel clips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
488 posts
14 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

 

How about detonating a DD with an HE shell which didn't even hit him? Happened to me, happend to strangers123 but sadly as he was streaming you can actually look that up on his twitch channel clips. 

Something like this?

2117376397_Detonationwithoutbeinghit.thumb.jpg.82692d3037236fd5a340a8271831e6f3.jpg

That's just a stupid game mechanic working as intended.

 

But can you explain me how i did get overpenetration damage with a HE shell?

shot-19_09.22_09_21.26-0052.thumb.jpg.c907f22e1203bfe1a70c8c7d50bfea6f.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles
1 minute ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

That's just a stupid game mechanic working as intended.

Afaik the mechanic which allowed this was changed, detonation threshold I think. Remember, I said full hp, you already took damage from the gearing before the Ibuki detonated you ( eg you were < 75% hp ). 

 

But I also thought they removed detonation possibility just based on explosive radius, guess I was wrong :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×