Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Buffs & Nerfs

11 comments in this topic

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts

Evening all, just wondering, given the stats fixation with this game, is there some sort of database etc for buffs and nerfs ?, to see if a particular ship has recently been buffed or nerfed, and if so what was it I.e Sigma, speed etc.

I ask because there are a lot of how to play vids but most of these are old, and the ship may have been buffed since, and as buffs and nerfs can dramatically transform a ship it would be good to know, e.g As a Bismarck driver I hope that WG buffs it’s dispersion, which would improve it a lot.

I have just got the Hipper, and that’s what’s raised this question; when was it last buffed/nerfed 

So simple question does such a database exist ?.

[NWP]
Players
7,566 posts
8,150 battles

I dont think anything like this exists, but there are changelogs for the patches on the wows.wiki

The best way is to google for a specific ship, you might find something that way (not guaranteed tho)

as for Hipper, got actually buffed 2 times, but thats like 2 years ago IIRC:

Plating from 25 ->27mm

Built-in IFHE for German HE which buffed its penetration from 1/6 -> 1/4.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles

Unfortunately there is no such list. Miss that too.

But, changes usually do not drastically change a ships playstyle, therefore most of the old videos are still valid.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,848 posts
9,195 battles
49 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

as for Hipper, got actually buffed 2 times, but thats like 2 years ago IIRC:

Plating from 25 ->27mm

Built-in IFHE for German HE which buffed its penetration from 1/6 -> 1/4.

Pretty sure it got a RoF buff as well when Eugen got its heal.

• Cool 3

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts

I really like the Hipper, BUT, it’s HE and Ap is actually worse than Yorcks, supposedly it’s AP is good nah it’s poor, and the HE doesn’t consistently return good damage or fires, but unlike German BB’s it is at least accurate and the low firing arks help hit DDs with no trouble.

[SHAD]
Players
1,172 posts

Yorck has higher HE DPM then the Roon!

it used to have floaty AP so was the only HE spammer in the line. Now it’s AP is good.

Hipper has 27mm armour so can bow tank a Bismarck!

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Yorck has higher HE DPM then the Roon!

it used to have floaty AP so was the only HE spammer in the line. Now it’s AP is good.

Hipper has 27mm armour so can bow tank a Bismarck!

I was so surprised at how good / strong the yorck is, it’s he damage returns far more consistent damage than a lot of my BBs AP, I use it as a kiter, but it’s just as good as a charger, for a change I actually received a compliment (; gg a cruiser player with balls) when advancing on a Jean Bart.

I’ve experienced the Hipper Bismarck bow tanking but remain frustrated at the damage be it HE or AP, you’d have thought it would be the same / better than Yorck, but then that seems par for the course; the next higher tier isn’t necessarily better, when it should be.

That said I was a fan of the Edinburgh and consider the Hipper the better bote, poor  MM and facing T10’s regularly doesn’t help the Hippers cause though.  

The hinde also also seems to have lost it’s tough as nails persona, more powercreep maybe ?.

[SHAD]
Players
1,172 posts

I actually skipped past most of the Hipper as I have the Prinz Eugen. The heal makes it a much better ship.

The Roon is a much better ship and the Hindi much better again. Hindi still competes with other tier 10 cruisers but it once (before my time) was the go to ship for clan battles.

The 50mm pen of was great but now they've given the Kremlin 60mm....

[NWP]
Players
7,566 posts
8,150 battles
Just now, gopher31 said:

IFHE Hinden :cap_cool:

[S-O-M]
Players
351 posts
2 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I actually skipped past most of the Hipper as I have the Prinz Eugen. The heal makes it a much better ship.

The Roon is a much better ship and the Hindi much better again. Hindi still competes with other tier 10 cruisers but it once (before my time) was the go to ship for clan battles.

So having had both you’d say Prinz is the better ship, mainly because of the heal.

I ask because I am thinking about getting the Prinz at Xmas, because of my liking for Hipper.

[SHAD]
Players
1,172 posts

The heal is such a big advantage while the slight reload nerf is not huge.

However, if you want a tier 8 cruiser with a heal you might want to look into the Atago. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this