Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

Amagi: early impressions

13 comments in this topic

Players
863 posts
2,368 battles

So, as you guys already know, yesterday i got the Amagi. I took her out today for some battles and... she's pretty good, a bit underperforming, but it think it's because she's still stock, but the guns do hit hard tho. Overall she's pretty good if played properly and with support (which you hardly get these days:Smile_sad:).

The only issue that I have with her is not really about the ship, but it's about the "late tiers" economy. Tier 8, 9 and 10 economy s**ks in my opinion, I'm not complaining, i know that it's this way to kind of lead you into buying premuim account and such, i mean, form a 42.000 credits service cost from the Nagato, to the 75.000 credits of the Amagi (and i have the clan bonus) it's a bit too much, but i think that the problem it's another.

Now, i'm not complaining, I'm competely fine with it, but here is the main problem with the game economy:

I put the numbers together, and i found out that: the XP needed from researching ships (not counting the modules), the credits that you need to buy those ships, and the service costs, follow an exponential curve, they don't follow the same function, but the curve is similar. There is nothing wrong with that, but, here is where the problem lies (quote from the wiki):

Each ship has multipliers to XP and credits. The multipliers of premium ships are known to be higher than those for tech tree ships. However, the values themselves are unknown.

The multiplier scales with the tier of the ship. For XP, a two-fold difference is possible between Tiers I and X. E.g. a Tier I ship may have a multiplier of 1.0 while a Tier X ship has a multiplier of 2.0. For credits, the difference may be even greater.

Based on this, it shows that it follows a straight line, and here is were the problems with the economy are: you see, you don't feel it that much in the early tiers, because you are in the shallower part of the curve, but as you move up in tiers, the need becomes more tangible. I think that if that multiplier would follow too an exponential line, even shallower than the other ones, maybe we wouldn't have that many problems with the economy (even from F2P).

Anyway, Amagi... pretty good.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
7,541 posts
8,134 battles
6 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

then Amagi becomes a jewel

If jewels are made out of dirt :Smile_hiding:

23 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

maybe we wouldn't have that many problems with the economy

Imo its actually the opposite: Economy is still too forgiving, so a lot of inexperienced players can spam TX games without the need to learn to actually play properly on that tier.

• Cool 8

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Imo its actually the opposite: Economy is still too forgiving, so a lot of inexperienced players can spam TX games without the need to learn to actually play properly on that tier.

this. very much this. The economy's ridiculously forgiving, especially compared to WoT (which falls off the other end of that particular spectrum hard...)

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
2,690 posts
6,913 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

If jewels are made out of dirt :Smile_hiding:

She's still good, workable armor, fast, guns hit like a train, shes accurate (for a BB) 

If shes not shiny enough for you tho, easy fix for that. 

car-polishing-machine-500x500.jpg.25f4c892af8d1409433341eee0264665.jpg

:Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 3

Players
863 posts
2,368 battles
12 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

6 minuti fa, Tyrendian89 ha scritto:

this. very much this. The economy's ridiculously forgiving, especially compared to WoT (which falls off the other end of that particular spectrum hard...)

I do see your points there and I won't disagree with you.

What I meant wasn't too make the economy more forgiving, but more balanced through the tiers. 

[NWP]
Players
7,541 posts
8,134 battles
3 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

shes accurate (for a BB)  

That was actually the biggest problem for me. The derpiness of those guns, felt like playing a german BB but without the armor.

Nagato felt so much better, and Amagi was a letdown for me. Izumo soon™

• Cool 1

Players
863 posts
2,368 battles
6 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

That was actually the biggest problem for me. The derpiness of those guns, felt like playing a german BB but without the armor.

That's also another problem, not that big for me however, but the guns do feel like a downgrade from the Nagato; the dispersion isn't bad, but 1.8 sigma doesn't help her, and the range is also not that great either. She isn't bad, but in the current meta, she might need some small adjustments.

Weekend Tester
1,023 posts
6,371 battles

Just you wait till the Izumo... where almost every salvo is in a shape of a O and they land perfectly around your targets.

Enjoy the Amagi while you can because its way more consistent then the Izumo.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,690 posts
6,913 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

felt like playing a german BB but without the armor.

Well, i have to say if you can get into favourable positions and angle acordingly, she (least in my case) feels like she has more usable armor than the Bismarck, and shes well suited for kiting, and comparing the guns to ze germans, in my experiance theyr waay better than bizzys rifles. 

But that may be just my impression tho. 

:Smile_honoring:

[-LD-]
Players
131 posts
5,753 battles

I ranked out in the Amagi this sprint, she is as ever a magnificent ship. Guns hit hard and the ship's speed and agility is OK too.

In some cases you can tank into risky situations by reversing the ship into caps/brawling range - you have 3x2 guns, very solid armor at the back, and if things get hot accelerating out of the situation is easy.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
260 posts
5,423 battles
On 10/14/2019 at 10:59 PM, DFens_666 said:

I also have kind feelings for Nagato and Amagi seems to be performing well too but the inconsistency of the guns... those citadels elude me with the Amagi so much.

Players
1,305 posts
13,516 battles

I never cared for the Amagi, myself. Had fun with the rest of the line - Fuso is a jewel, Nagato was fun, I even liked the pre-buff Izumo (likes to burn, yes, but the guns were pretty good). For some reason Amagi guns spent a lot of time trolling me. I also remember a large amount of overpens, bounces, shatters, 0 damage pens and the like. I also can't stand Ashitaka (my nickname for it is - replace "as" with "bull" in it's name and you get it) - basically the old stock Amagi, at least they gave her the better AP shells now but it's still pretty bad, and I'm not fond of Kii, either.

Sign in to follow this