You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
G01ngToxicCommand0

Questions to Wargaming regarding CVs on low tiers

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles

First question: Why do you allow CVs in game against ships that have no meaningfull AA defence and thus no defence against carriers?

Second question: Why do you allow 2 CVs against ships with no meaningfull AA defence and thus have no defence against carriers?

Third question: Do you believe that the inclusion of CVs on tiers with ships that has no meaningfull AA defence is a good game experience for the non CV players?

Fourth question: Is the inclusion of 2 CVs on low tier a deliberate decision meant to create frustration for the non-CV players?

Fifth question: In what way do you believe the inclusion of 2 CVs on low tiers is positive for new players?

Thank you

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles
10 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

First question: Why do you allow CVs in game against ships that have no meaningfull AA defence and thus no defence against carriers?

Second question: Why do you allow 2 CVs against ships with no meaningfull AA defence and thus have no defence against carriers?

Third question: Do you believe that the inclusion of CVs on tiers with ships that has no meaningfull AA defence is a good game experience for the non CV players?

Fourth question: Is the inclusion of 2 CVs on low tier a deliberate decision meant to create frustration for the non-CV players?

Fifth question: In what way do you believe the inclusion of 2 CVs on low tiers is positive for new players?

Thank you

They should have taken the opportunity to let CVs start at T5 or T6. Instead they start at T4 and skip tiers... yeeeeaaa....

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
3,651 posts
14,384 battles

Spread shiet says, it's fun playing a Sciroco with 3 CVs per side. 

While the enemy team has two seal clubber divisions (CV+2Kamikaze/ CV+Kamikaze+Gremy), our team has two CVs that have mastered the art of licking windows without leaving streaks. At least two of them also seal clubbers who made the mistake of not playing in a division. 

Spread shiet says, it's perfectly fine for those people to have fun, spread shiet is not saying that everyone involved is supposed to have fun. 

I had fun hunting and killing and ruining two of the seal clubber Kamikazes and almost a BB, while getting shat on by two CVs and their seal clubber div mates. 

My fun ended when the CVs sank my ship, and i mad eit really hard for them as they needed several passes and lost a grand total of 1 plane. 

That'll teach them.

Oh, almighty spread shiet, may thy will be done, cause now i'm learning to do thy bidding and started playing CVs so i can take dumps on other players and bring the fun and joy of facing a CV with a ship with no AA. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
815 posts
30 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

This is a very good point. Carriers should be removed from battles and tiers where there is no meaningful AA.

• Cool 3

Players
2,783 posts
13,002 battles

It’s is fun when you run 3 CV’s down and take them for all their HP solo. If only they ran secondary builds. That would have protected them :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
694 posts
10,227 battles
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

They should have taken the opportunity to let CVs start at T5 or T6. Instead they start at T4 and skip tiers... yeeeeaaa....

Just to expand on that:

They started them at T4 and then lengthened the amount of XP required to progress to the next level to account for there being no T5 (so the XP costs of getting to from T4 to T6 is the same as before the rework).

So a T4 CV requires 68,000 XP to unlock the next available CV (not including the hull module).

That's five times the amount of XP compared the other T4 classes!

No wonder there is a glut of T4 CVs.

A possible solution would be to rebalance the XP requirements, unlocking the T6 much earlier and the T8 and T10 later (so the line as whole has the same XP costs).

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
548 posts
16,306 battles

2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

.... our team has two CVs that have mastered the art of licking windows without leaving streaks. ...

very nice :) ...

Players
4,215 posts
7,592 battles
2 hours ago, AndyHill said:

This is a very good point. Carriers should be removed from battles and tiers where there is no meaningful AA.

All AA is meaningless, the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeework simply wouldn't work if it wasn't.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

According to our CV GOD @El2aZeR even a Mino/Wooster will die, no if but's or whatever, just a case of when. 

Then you have bad players which fly into flak, and they claim even a DM can't be struck ( when a full AA DM is roughly the same AA wise as a North Carolina ). 

You also have players thinking that BB's aren't that worst target for CV's right now, because they aren't good enough to manage evasive targets.

I'm looking forward to seeing a competitive tournament with CV's in them, showing how balanced they are in hands of good players... yes I know, I will be waiting for a long time. 

• Cool 2

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,997 posts
22,265 battles
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Spread shiet says, it's fun playing a Sciroco with 3 CVs per side. 

Don t forget engaging. The consecrated formula is "fun and engaging".

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[DC_DK]
Players
2,859 posts
29,285 battles

I'm just worried about how many new players will quit the game when they reach Tier III/ IV. the seed is laid there for CV hate. Don't get me wrong I play CV too. But I can't see the reason why T-III / IV with no AA can face multiple CV's..

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
7,541 posts
8,134 battles
4 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Ugh.. I consider myself fortunate never to have experienced that hell:cap_yes:

:cap_old:

image.png

• Cool 1