Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

4 comments in this topic

[NKK2]
Players
1,104 posts
4,072 battles

Hello all.

Recently I have been playing my Yoshino, after a long long grind, and Im enjoying it despite the fact that is a ship made only for being a damage dealer. Had the option to pick Smolensk, but found her extremely boring and I did not want to rain HE inside a smoke, already have Belfast for that. But speaking of Yoshino, or more specific, the B65 project, I found out that both current Azuma and Yoshino don't have their intended belt armor. If you check Wikipedia, and most other sources about the ship design, it says it should have a 190mm/7.5 inch belt, while currently both B65 sisters have 178mm. Is there any reason why? But ok, I guess it is because """balance"""".

But I started thinking about how we, well,  WG could make an IJN Siegfried by updating her armor and changing the guns. How? Is simple really; the design B65 had a planned update, changing the 310mm to 356mm /14inch in a 3x2 set up. I say we take the Yoshino and add that gun option or maybe create a whole new ship all together. Use same design idea as Siegfried, few guns with standard CA accuracy. Maybe reduce the range a bit, retain 1 quad torpedo mount per side, improve secondary guns accuracy, improve the belt to historical project levels and place the citadel at waterline level. Then you could have a "brawler" B65 class and maybe use the usual name that internet suggests for that ship: Ishikari.

Of course, If this comes through, I would love to get one for free as I was the one who wrote this proposal :cap_yes::Smile_honoring::Smile_glasses:

What you guys think?

• Cool 3

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

we've already gotten way too many supercruisers recently if you ask me... no thanks to another one, at least this year...

Players
6,361 posts
7,550 battles

Why would I want 3x2 Kongou guns instead? Like, even if you give them cruiser accuracy, at no point ever will they be as good as the current main battery. Pen difference is not much, HE alpha is 34k vs Yoshino's current 46k and AP alpha is 61k vs Yoshino's current 78k. Given Yoshino has great accuracy at short range and not too much worse at mid range, with long range being a bit worse (but 3 shells more), you'd likely be looking at a supercruiser that requires either some bonkers extra mechanics on the shells (like improved pen angles) or lulzy reload of ~15s to not be uncompetitive garbage.

And taking away half the torp tubes makes it even less appetizing, while 12 mm more belt mean pretty much nothing. At high tiers, the Yoshino belt works by bouncng shells due to angling and the 12 mm won't make a meaningful difference. Lowering the citadel makes some difference, but even then, I'd say that unless it's on Alaska level with non-overmatchable cit deck, you won't get much brawling out of this and at that point, it's basically an idiot-proof design for torp rushes.

Sign in to follow this