You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
APFSDS_shell

After i reaced my first tier 10 BB.... i say tier 10 battles UNPLAYABLE

93 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
2,849 battles

So i played about 50 battles on my GK its my first tier 10 battleship and maybe the last ... cause the current tier 10 battles are unplayable for BB especially the German one that u should get close to use its strengths.

how to get close while in 80% battles there is a tons of new OP cruisers, and lets not forget about the DD with a light year torpedo range, i have no problems with DD its well balanced and u must focus and try to avoid them, BUT there is a clear question need a clear answer wtf to do with the fire Rain from those new fire rain cruisers ??? 

you only have 2 options while playing a Gk in a tier 10 battle: 

1: try to get some close to use your armor and secondary guns where this ship is the strongest ... but in this case u will just burn in 1 min and deal 20k dmg in a stupid tier 10 battle with a stupid tier 10 BB.

2: try to camp behind all your teammates and use ur main guns to deal 1.750 dmg in every salvo, and sometimes the battle ends with 10 players alive in each team ... whr u can't in any time of the battle try to use the advantage of low number of  enemy players left, and this will happen in the first option too.

I really liked the German play style in low tiers, but in tier 10 its unplayable. 

i have the smolensk in my garage by the way, i am a new player and i am trying new stuff and i came to this conclusion after playing some tier 10 battles.

edit: no need for fonts that can be seen from the moon!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 3

Weekend Tester
1,060 posts
7,607 battles

Have you ever tried staying at range evaluating the situation and then pushing or retreating in accordance to the situation?

Like yeah kurfurst is a brawler but no ship can survive a focus fire from 5 ships at a beginning of a match.

Kurfusts shine mid game and onward.

also reduce the font

• Cool 6

Players
3,292 posts
14,054 battles

My Kremlin would argue against such a claim. So would my GK... and my Republique...

If you are struggling. Put up a few replays and will can help you analyse them.

If you want, I can also post all 3 Kremlin games I played last night for you to watch and get ideas from. 

T10 is currently a horrible tier. Not due to ships, but frankly the low standard of players who play at 10. Small mistake are punished far harder than any tier. Often then leading to a massive domino effect and subsequent steam rolls. Don’t give up. Join us in the “git gud? I got gud!” Side of the game.

o7

• Cool 13

[-AP-]
Players
2,490 posts
6,082 battles
17 minutes ago, APFSDS_shell said:

-Snip-

1. Read up on the game mechanics here: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

2. Analyse the situation on the minimap and plan your actions and positioning thereafter

3. Factually, battleships are among the strongest t10s, just look up their statistics on wows-numbers

4. git gud(Not trying to insult you, but the issues you are having does not come from your ship, it comes from the person controlling it)

• Cool 2

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,495 battles
22 minutes ago, APFSDS_shell said:

So i played about 50 battles on my GK its my first tier 10 battleship and maybe the last ...

You are taking low tier mentality and trying to apply it in high tiers, It won't work. And as long as you stubbornly stick to it, you won't improve as a player.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
1,060 posts
7,607 battles
13 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Very constructive as always...

EY, leave our stat cruncher alone :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
2,808 posts

Locate the HE spammers.

Find a spot where they should move to shoot you again.

Dont fire for no reason and don't approach blind.

If they pop out of their cave...

Shoot em wit prejudice until they explode.

[ADRIA]
Players
271 posts
12,253 battles

You came to a conclusion that t10 is unplayable in 50 games? Dont you think thats a bit of an unreasonably low number to make such judgement?

Try playing a bit more as I see you have a relatively low number of battles and already on t10. It took me around 5k battles to get my first t10 and boy I took me long to learn how to play high tiers. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SHEN]
Players
1,437 posts
14,365 battles

1) Own only GK and Smolensk in T10

2) Still perform better in GK

3) Complain about "OP HE spammers" and how they make the GK unplayable.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[SHAFT]
Players
9,465 posts
8,816 battles

After playing Montana recently, i value the GK even more than before. It has some very powerful gimmicks, which others dont have. GK can push in to turn the game, and Monty has a harder time doing that. On the other hand, Montys guns are better ofc.

Im not sure how you play your GK, but id advice removing a secondary spec if you use it. Tank GK is just better imo, atleast for me.

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

Tier 10 is played quite differently from lower tier games and does require a very different mindset as a result, a more cautious mindset at least at the start is advised, please note caution doesn't equate to passive. 

Tier 10 takes time to get used too, I confess to the fact I took a long time to adapt to it. I was too aggressive pushing forward rather than picking my moment when to go from sniping to pushing. There is certainly an art to higher tier battles, whether it be in a DD or BB the player has to play quite differently between high and low tier games. 

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,620 battles

So you took the worst performing T10 BB for a spin? Well, good news is that WG is looking at buffing it by Christmas.

Just wait and play ships that are fun in the meantime, it's not like GK is the only ship out there. Hell play Smolensk, this way WG will be forced to nerf it faster.

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,823 posts
11,542 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

So you took the worst performing T10 BB for a spin? Well, good news is that WG is looking at buffing it by Christmas.

Just wait and play ships that are fun in the meantime, it's not like GK is the only ship out there. Hell play Smolensk, this way WG will be forced to nerf it faster.

I am pretty sure if OP starts playing Smolensk its stats will fall like the the glorious soviet union

Players
11 posts
2,849 battles
24 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

the most satisfying comment ... thank u 

everybody blaming me, they don't admit that GK need some love from WG.

[-AP-]
Players
2,490 posts
6,082 battles
6 minutes ago, APFSDS_shell said:

the most satisfying comment ... thank u 

everybody blaming me, they don't admit that GK need some love from WG.

The most satisfying perhaps, but not the most useful... 

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/4179572528,Grosser-Kurfurst/ the kurfurst is pretty  much middle of the pack stat wise, and it is slightly behind meta wise, but that has nothing to do with your failure to play it... taking the "strongest" ship in the game wouldnt help you, you need to learn to learn the game...

• Cool 3

Players
11 posts
2,849 battles
3 minutes ago, thiextar said:

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/4179572528,Grosser-Kurfurst/ the kurfurst is pretty  much middle of the pack stat wise, and it is slightly behind meta wise, but that has nothing to do with your failure to play it... taking the "strongest" ship in the game wouldnt help you, you need to learn to learn the game...

well i am not failure on playing it .... i still play average on it, the problem when a fire rain cruisers show up in some battles, and i think u need to cool down a bit.

Players
11 posts
2,849 battles
8 minutes ago, thiextar said:

and for addition wows numbers does not consider the type of players who played a ship, for example u see Yamato on the bottom of the list , while Yamato is the best BB in tier 10 for very long time. so yamato and Gk is being played by many many players so wows numbers is not accurate :)

• Bad 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,620 battles
18 minutes ago, thiextar said:

So global stats collected since the ship was released, which also ignore all of the meta changes, are better than the average for the last two months. Interesting.

Players
6,759 posts
245 battles
27 minutes ago, APFSDS_shell said:

and for addition wows numbers does not consider the type of players who played a ship, for example u see Yamato on the bottom of the list , while Yamato is the best BB in tier 10 for very long time. so yamato and Gk is being played by many many players so wows numbers is not accurate :)

But it isnt. Just because it gets overmatch doesnt mean its the best and just because you can snipe with it doesnt mean its the best also, the best BB, by most things atm seems to be the kremlin atm.

Yes its a good ship, best played around 15-18km.

It's played the most mainly due to its infamy and fat bloody gunz. And yeah kremlin stats will probs get dragged down, but shes far more forgiving and seems to have more influence and presence on the field.

Untill something bigger comes along of course.

• Cool 1

Players
372 posts
5,645 battles
20 minutes ago, APFSDS_shell said:

It isn’t... in any other way than gun caliber. 

if you get close to a Yamato, it’s more vulnerable than most bb’s due to the big gaping hole in its armour.

[CATS]
Players
26,110 posts
14,098 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

Just having the second best WR of all silver BB...