You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

Announcement

20 comments in this topic

Players
1,486 posts
3,113 battles

Guys, I've an announcement to make: Today, October 13th 2019, which means exactly one year and one day since I registered, I finally reached the Amagi. One of my favourite ships in the game, she was one of my milestones for this game. Next milestone is the Yamato (I still have so much XP to go...:cap_fainting:). I almost can't believe i've made it this far, I'm proud of finally owning this ship (as I'm proud of owning Georgia). I'd also like to thank you the Community Contributors, both from EU and NA, it's also because of their teachings, videos, tutorials, exc. if I've made it this far, so thank you for having helped me reaching this goal, it's still not tier 10, but it was one of my objectives in this game, so, again, thank you.

shot-19_10.13_14_04.52-0185.thumb.jpg.1755be4f4c599710e3ef1e4e530206d9.jpg

This is my current fleet:

- Minekaze 

- Mutsuki

- Myoko 

- Kongo

- Fuso

- Nagato 

- Amagi (just got her)

- Ryujo

- Pensacola

- Texas (form a Supercontainer back in March)

- New Mexico

- Georgia (got her in June, when she was released)

- Ranger

- Budyonny

- Pyotr Velikiy

- Izmail

- Emden (from the giveaway)

- Nurnberg

- Bayern

- Gneisenau

- Edinburgh (from a container mission)

- Queen Elizabeth

- Hermes (i've played her just a couple of times since i got her ealry access)

- Furious

- Jaguar (from a container mission)

- La Galissonnière

- Bretagne

- Dunkerque (from last Christmas)

- Anshan (from last Christmas)

P.S. Welcome to Tier 8 "nightmare" match-making i guess.

• Cool 24

[SLUG]
Players
71 posts
9,175 battles

Congrats, sir.

Enjoy the Amagi ! 

I think they changed the T8 matchmaking in a recent update - there’s now a capped % of times you can end up in T10 battles - so it might be less of a nightmare than you think. 

Players
1,486 posts
3,113 battles
2 minuti fa, Srle_Vigilante ha scritto:

Congrats!

Just a question. How did it take you a year to get to tier 8? :cap_hmm:

If you notice, I have many other ships. Plus, I'm F2P, so i only used premium account time that i got from containers, shipments and missions; i also took some breaks (in April, May, June and August due to life priorities) and i don't play that much daily (i play a bit more in the weekends), so I don't get that much XP.

34 minuti fa, slugford ha scritto:

Congrats, sir.

Enjoy the Amagi ! 

I think they changed the T8 matchmaking in a recent update - there’s now a capped % of times you can end up in T10 battles - so it might be less of a nightmare than you think. 

I know that, but Tier 8 MM dosen't have that good of a reputation, I was just joking there.

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester
1,062 posts
7,648 battles
21 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

If you notice, I have many other ships. Plus, I'm F2P, so i only used premium account time that i got from containers, shipments and missions; i also took some breaks (in April, May, June and August due to life priorities) and i don't play that much daily (i play a bit more in the weekends), so I don't get that much XP.

Yeah i was a bit spoiled by my accumulated resources from playing for all these years. :Smile_teethhappy: Threw me off because i started the japs a week ago and im going to get the Izumo in the next hour. :fish_boom:

All in all nicely done! Hopefully you'll enjoy your Amagi as much as I. :cap_like:

Players
986 posts
11,563 battles
2 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Guys, I've an announcement to make: Today, October 13th 2019, which means exactly one year and one day since I registered, I finally reached the Amagi. One of my favourite ships in the game, she was one of my milestones for this game. Next milestone is the Yamato (I still have so much XP to go...:cap_fainting:). I almost can't believe i've made it this far, I'm proud of finally owning this ship (as I'm proud of owning Georgia). I'd also like to thank you the Community Contributors, both from EU and NA, it's also because of their teachings, videos, tutorials, exc. if I've made it this far, so thank you for having helped me reaching this goal, it's still not tier 10, but it was one of my objectives in this game, so, again, thank you.

- Minekaze 

- Mutsuki

- Myoko 

- Kongo

- Fuso

- Nagato 

- Amagi (just got her)

- Ryujo

- Pensacola

- New Mexico

- Ranger

- Budyonny

- Pyotr Velikiy

- Izmail

- Nurnberg

- Bayern

- Gneisenau

- Queen Elizabeth

- Furious

- La Galissonnière

- Bretagne

Congratulations fine sir!

I have recently, around my four year account birthday, completed the full japanese tech tree- at a certain point your account will start to snowball. And the snowballing is fun. 
Go for that Yamato, it is a great ship really :D

• Cool 2

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

If you notice, I have many other ships.

This is the better way to grind, you will learn how to play when you reach tier 8.

Researching a single ship line you will reach tier 8 very soon, but you will be a tier 8 noob.

• Cool 3

[H_FAN]
Players
2,568 posts
40,837 battles
2 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

- Minekaze 

- Mutsuki

- Myoko 

- Kongo

- Fuso

- Nagato 

- Amagi (just got her)

- Ryujo

- Pensacola

- New Mexico

- Ranger

- Budyonny

- Pyotr Velikiy

- Izmail

- Nurnberg

- Bayern

- Gneisenau

- Queen Elizabeth

- Furious

- La Galissonnière

- Bretagne

Congratulations!

Izumo is a way better ship now than at the beginning, i had reset the 3 BB lines from US, FR and IJN and Izumo was the best experience, was surprised but it went very smoothly, had left that ship alone for years as IJN was my first line.

Players
1,620 posts
18,180 battles

Congratulations OP the Amagi is a fun ship and thankfully the Izumo is not the pig it used to be so hopefully you will enjoy her too. As for the Yamato she's great fun I love those guns.

• Cool 1

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
13 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Congratulations!

Izumo is a way better ship now than at the beginning, i had reset the 3 BB lines from US, FR and IJN and Izumo was the best experience, was surprised but it went very smoothly, had left that ship alone for years as IJN was my first line.

Hey! There is no better battleship than good old trollorado!

[H_FAN]
Players
2,568 posts
40,837 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

Hey! There is no better battleship than good old trollorado!

well yes I  like several ships and I like many of them but Izumo was a ship together with Emerald the only one I have used FreeXP on (aprart from B-hulls etc) so I hated Izumo. The other ships were more or less as expected but if you play a ship that you hate and suddenly it feels almost good. Let us say that I have ruined my Iowa stats that was acceptable WR to medicre and raised my Izumo stats from outright catastrophic to just bad (+7-8 % in the grind). When I reset again I might become average......So the stats for this latest 26 fights were 15W/11L (the previous 43 16W/27L. The old ones included the B+Chull and all those long grinds so that was awful until I could not play more and FreeXped the rest. Fully kitted the Izumo is very clumsy but have good guns which for me is central.

Players
1,486 posts
3,113 battles
1 ora fa, Isoruku_Yamamoto ha scritto:

Congratulations fine sir!

I have recently, around my four year account birthday, completed the full japanese tech tree- at a certain point your account will start to snowball. And the snowballing is fun. 
Go for that Yamato, it is a great ship really :D

39 minuti fa, lovelacebeer ha scritto:

Congratulations OP the Amagi is a fun ship and thankfully the Izumo is not the pig it used to be so hopefully you will enjoy her too. As for the Yamato she's great fun I love those guns.

I literally fell in love with the Yamato since i first saw her for the first time in the original series of Uchuu Senkan Yamato (I have the remake too and I love it), then i also found out that I was born in the anniversary of her sinking (April 7th 2000) and I just couldn't resist. The thing with the Yamato is also that she managed to became a legend ever if she was defeated (it happened to other ships too).

I'm not in a hurry for her tho; I'll get her sooner or later, but I'll get her.

• Cool 1

Players
2,603 posts
18,792 battles

Congrats, I play similar to you, many ships, different ships per session, so the grind to tier X took me ages, which was fine because the tier X meta is a boring snoozefest.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,743 posts
5,290 battles

Congratulations, still just over 30k away from her myself.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
3 hours ago, slugford said:

Congrats, sir.

Enjoy the Amagi ! 

Hahahahaha, MM capped hahahahaha, yeah right, yep it’s a nightmare, you’ll face Kremlin, Smolensk t10 cvs,  torp spamming dd’s and many many more he spamming cruisers that hide behind islands, your allied DD’s will rush off get killed in first 2 minutes, most team mates don’t look at the mini map and realise that the worst players are actually meant to be the best, no ??,  Enjoy for yourself 

Btw - you’d think the next ship (T9) would be spesh, hahahahaha, fdg better than Bis ?, Amagi’s successor hahahahaha.

Play 10 games in Amagi and report back as to how many you’re middle, top and bottom tier, capped 😂🤣😂, find out for yourself.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,765 posts
19,887 battles
3 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

Play 10 games in Amagi and report back as to how many you’re middle, top and bottom tier, capped 😂🤣😂, find out for yourself.

Yeah, exactly.. greatest problem in Amagi is you may end up on the T10 potato tier and have to fight an uphill battle from the start, as all the bigger BaBBies are hugging island waifus ^^

@wot_2016_gunner still a long way to go.. but the next two will be more fun than Amagi, so keep going

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,313 posts
36,035 battles
5 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I just got to Shimakaze for the second time.

Yay and I did reset 11 lines in one month. So what?