Pushi2

Disadvantage Enterprise

23 comments in this topic

[TPB]
Players
70 posts
7,033 battles

Hey people,

every ship has it advantages and disadvantages.

I would like to know, what kind of disadvantage(s) do you see, when playing the Enterprise?

What lack do you experience when playing with it?

[NOCAP]
Players
5,696 posts
12,649 battles
19 minutes ago, Pushi2 said:

I would like to know, what kind of disadvantage(s) do you see, when playing the Enterprise?

That other ppl can't get her anymore. Aside from that she's the strongest cv right now (>T10)

Also you are in the german part of the forum ;) 

• Cool 2

Players
8,091 posts
8,914 battles
2 hours ago, Pushi2 said:

Hey people,

It's hard to also get the AL captain and skin for it outside collab times.

Other than that, not really much you can complain about:

Rocket fighters are silly powerful against lightly armoured targets, AP DBs delete cruisers and half the BB population, TBs have potent alpha, good maneuverability, arming time and aim time. All planes have decent hp and okish speed. Fighter squad is 10 planes to wreck even oversized Kaga squads and prevent getting countered by enemy fighter, hull is decently fast, decently sneaky and has likely some of the best T8 AA.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,772 posts
19,462 battles

AP DBs are too reliant on RNG.

Otherwise she has no real weaknesses.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,302 posts
35,991 battles

The RF don't pen as much as on Lex. And as @El2aZeR said citadel RNG sometimes... Yeah. 

She had been removed from store, WG didn't want to admit that she's too powerful. 

[GURKA]
Players
5,198 posts
10,424 battles
14 hours ago, Pushi2 said:

Hey people,

Don't own her, but I assume, if ships show broadside against AP bombs, it could deny a lot dmg. Same with rockets, when aligning with them. But no idea about, how good the rockets hits, when aligned, just an assumption

Players
8,091 posts
8,914 battles
6 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Don't own her, but I assume, if ships show broadside against AP bombs, it could deny a lot dmg. Same with rockets, when aligning with them. But no idea about, how good the rockets hits, when aligned, just an assumption

If the CV bombs from side, yes, but if they manage to turn the target elipsis around (which costs nothing in accuracy, because balance), they can still bomb effectively. Rockets don't care too much about whether you go from side or not.

[GURKA]
Players
5,198 posts
10,424 battles
5 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

If the CV bombs from side, yes, but if they manage to turn the target elipsis around (which costs nothing in accuracy, because balance), they can still bomb effectively. Rockets don't care too much about whether you go from side or not.

The Enterprise gets more precise, even when turning? Oof

Players
8,091 posts
8,914 battles
Just now, Pikkozoikum said:

The Enterprise gets more precise, even when turning? Oof

Originally it was only Enterprise, before they applied that to all HE DBs too. Maneuvering doesn't reduce accuracy. The ellipsis also is pretty large, but 6 bombs, so it's some RNG anyway.

[GURKA]
Players
5,198 posts
10,424 battles
5 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Originally it was only Enterprise, before they applied that to all HE DBs too. Maneuvering doesn't reduce accuracy. The ellipsis also is pretty large, but 6 bombs, so it's some RNG anyway.

Hmm, on Kaga at least it has a penalty. If start the drop and do a full turn, the aim will never get 100% precision.

Players
8,091 posts
8,914 battles
Just now, Pikkozoikum said:

Hmm, on Kaga at least it has a penalty. If start the drop and do a full turn, the aim will never get 100% precision.

Well, maybe they just put it on the USN CVs, when they nerfed their spread inside the target area.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,198 posts
10,424 battles
6 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Well, maybe they just put it on the USN CVs, when they nerfed their spread inside the target area.

I mean, you can let the ariming get narrow, and turn then fully, that works.  I didn't know, that the HE bombs are so resistent to turnings, always treated them like I do with AP bombs xD

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,005 battles

I would have preferred HE dive bombers as I feel they are more useful but in all honesty enterprise is the most op cv in game

great rocket fighters

damn good torp bombers

ap bombers that can lol delete cruisers

fighter consumable that actually works

big reserves and fast reload of the planes

good speed to planes

large squads

even the ship itself is fast enough and strong enough to run from a pesky dd while you kill it

honestly she is up there with Belfast kutosov ect and should never have been put into the game

[N0RSE]
Players
174 posts
14,269 battles

In general this cv is very good. Disadvantage compared to some of the other t8 CV:

1: Doesn't have armoured deck like Impclacable

2: Doesn't have Graf Zeppelin secondary to fend off destroyers

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,772 posts
19,462 battles
16 hours ago, Nit0 said:

1: Doesn't have armoured deck like Impclacable

2: Doesn't have Graf Zeppelin secondary to fend off destroyers

Actually Enterprise deck is armored, being capable of shattering most DD caliber fire and bouncing cruiser AP shells.

Having the best anti-DD weapons in the game in the form of her RFs she doesn't need reliable secondaries.

[N0RSE]
Players
174 posts
14,269 battles
On 11/6/2019 at 7:17 AM, El2aZeR said:

Actually Enterprise deck is armored, being capable of shattering most DD caliber fire and bouncing cruiser AP shells.

Having the best anti-DD weapons in the game in the form of her RFs she doesn't need reliable secondaries.

Compared to Impclacable, it's not.

And yes, I agree it doesn't need good secondary. I'm just pointing out things where it's lacking compared to some of the other t8 carriers.

Players
8,091 posts
8,914 battles
1 hour ago, Nit0 said:

Compared to Impclacable, it's not.

And yes, I agree it doesn't need good secondary. I'm just pointing out things where it's lacking compared to some of the other t8 carriers.

You don't need insane armour to bounce or shatter certain types of shells.

[N0RSE]
Players
174 posts
14,269 battles
22 hours ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

You don't need insane armour to bounce or shatter certain types of shells.

But you do bounce and shatter more shells, including 203mm fire if you are fleeing. Enterprise won't be able to do that.

Players
8,091 posts
8,914 battles
2 hours ago, Nit0 said:

But you do bounce and shatter more shells, including 203mm fire if you are fleeing. Enterprise won't be able to do that.

If you get shot at by a cruiser, funnily enough, Enterprise isn't that much worse off, as while the Implacable has a better deck, Enterprise for whatever silly reason has 38 mm hangar sides and enough shots hit there...

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,772 posts
19,462 battles
On 11/13/2019 at 4:59 PM, Nit0 said:

Deck ends along with the entire sides meanwhile are far more vulnerable.

Implacable also has a highly exposed citadel whereas Enterprise does not. This along with the fact that your extremities get overmatched by BB guns outright pretty much results in you taking easy citadel hits if BBs happen to catch you running away.

Besides, Enterprise has the option to easily nuke several chasing cruisers, so she not only has what can be argued as the superior armor scheme, she has the better options to deal with such situations as well.

Thus what you describe aren't actual weaknesses since her advantages nullify them entirely.

[N0RSE]
Players
174 posts
14,269 battles

Can't deny that Implacable is a well protected cv when fleeing from destroyers and cruisers. Yes, it's weak on the side and any cv will struggle to survive battleship fire. 

As for the overall armor scheme for the Enterprise, I will have to look closer at it when I'm home tonight. I will admit I have been mainly looking at deck armor (which is a big part of the CV).