Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Glig69

Smolensk: good or bad for the game?

What's your view on the current implementation of the Smolensk?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the current implementation of the Smolensk?

• It's a wonderfully fun addition, that improves the game for the whole community.
    • It's a terrible mistake that generates excessive misery and frustration, and makes the game worse to play.
    • Frankly, I am not bothered - don't give a hoot.

12 comments in this topic

[-FC-]
Players
299 posts
10,475 battles

Seems like there's lots of feeling about this ship ... and there are certainly plenty of them in battle these days.  It's not unusual to see 3 on each side this weekend.

So - the CC's had plenty to say about her before she was released - what's YOUR view on the impact she is having on the game?  Does she need tweaking, and if so - how?  Are you happy playing her, and against her?  If you can be bothered, please try the poll.

So long Smolensk.jpg

[-LA-]
Players
263 posts
2,237 battles

dont think anyone enjoys being HE spammed , dont think thats news to anyone

Players
638 posts

I don't enjoy playing my Smolensk much. I prefer playing the Freisland.

There's something stressful about playing the Smolensk. Wheras the Freisland is DD hunting fun.

Players
96 posts
2,225 battles

Not great, not terrible. I've seen worse.

But truth is that Smolensk as high tier, high dpm smoke HE spammer is cancerous for gameplay. After Belfast and Kutuzow were removed from shop i hoped that WG wont introduce another ship like them. Well, how wrong i was :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 4

[P-W-C]
[P-W-C]
Players
4,923 posts
27,404 battles

Well this ship is just an easy dmg dealer. Too easy. Has flat shell arcs - no need to lead much like in Colbert, in division with DD it's so annoying and hard to kill off. The best counter is Stalingrad, oh boy another broken ship also Soviet. What a surprise. 

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,456 posts
8,575 battles

In all honesty it's a pain in the behind if you face one in anything 

I have 1 and it's great at set fire move to next target gameplay but it's very easy deleted and in smoke it's easy to hit when you have the spotter plane but with all the cvs around its hard to choose if to take fighters or spotter

Good guns, good aa and smoke make it a nightmare when you face them

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,212 posts
15,598 battles

Some cruisers have utility that the Smolensk lacks so she isn't the most overpowered thing ever. A lot of cruisers are heavily reliant on dealing damage however, and the Smolensk just craps on them. She has excellent DPM like a Minotaur but good ballistics like a Zao. Powercreep of her level is only likely to get worse as time goes on.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,361 posts
8,988 battles

Whats wrong with this thread? Do we need a new one every few days?

[JRM]
Players
2,713 posts
17,867 battles

As the poll is biased I will not vote, but I will say this - Smolensk fenomenon is a symptom of the disease and not the cause...

Beta Tester
194 posts

i voted for the 2nd option...but:

i got enough coal to get it. i love my minotaur, but the smolensk laughs on it, because same playstyle, but much better ballistics and he on top.

so...will it get changed/removed? as i said, i think it should'nt be in the game, but...if it wont change, eventually just be removed, better get it and join the dark side, or not?

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
278 posts
3,449 battles

The funny thing is even the Smolensk will end up being power creeped (if the game lives long enough, which I hope it does) 

Sign in to follow this