Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Redcap375

Clan Member Increase?

13 comments in this topic

Players
2,756 posts
8,175 battles

@MrConway, Is their any scope to increase the numbers of clan members above 50?

People tend to stay within the games more when getting involved with the social aspect and I believe increasing the numbers will help with this .

I understand the possible short term financial negatives with doing this, but I believe in the long run it will in fact increase revenue as more people will stay in the game. We have had a massive increase on numbers as people are simply getting fed up of going solo and want to Div with likeminded people.

People like active clans and getting involved with competitions and many of the smaller clans simply can not provide this, even though they are doing a great job.:cap_like:

Instead of WG losing players hand over fist, we would rather them have a go within an established clan first then decided.  We are currently full but have more players still wanting to join and have a laugh.  The Inn is currently full, any chance for planning permission for a extension? :cap_like:

Would an increase of say 10 players be within the realms of possibility? 

Chaps, are their other clans who would also like to see the numbers increase?  Those that don't, reasons?  I was going to post this within the "suggestions" section but wanted to get the flavour first from you guys.

Kind Regards,

Mr Red.

• Cool 7

[JRM]
Players
2,713 posts
17,867 battles

I second this, having subclans does solve the social aspect to a degree but still having the option to actually have more players in a single clan would be nice maybe up to say 80-ish people

Players
707 posts
15,125 battles

I would certainly support such an extension we have enjoyed adding new members it makes the social dimension a lot more fun. 

[ADRIA]
Players
179 posts
9,923 battles

Sub answered that question in a recent q and a session and basically said that it will not happen because of the oil economy or sth along those lines. Frankly, imo the current max number is okay. 

Cant find the source now, might try and find it l8r. 

• Cool 2

[VV]
Players
703 posts
13,935 battles
26 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

It was in his latest Q&A on reddit I think.

I remember he recently commented on it

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
2,713 posts
17,867 battles
58 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

Sub answered that question in a recent q and a session and basically said that it will not happen because of the oil economy or sth along those lines. Frankly, imo the current max number is okay. 

Yes well...

Subs wont happen...

There will never be a premium higher then T8 in the shop...

T10 premiums wont happen...

Steel or coal will never be purchasable in the shop...

Notice a pattern there?

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[VV]
Players
703 posts
13,935 battles
13 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Notice a pattern there?

I'm not defending them but it's hard to predict development of a game or anything really, 4 or 5 or 10 years into the future.

Never say never as they say :cap_old:

[JRM]
Players
2,713 posts
17,867 battles
1 hour ago, quickr said:

I'm not defending them but it's hard to predict development of a game or anything really, 4 or 5 or 10 years into the future.

Never say never as they say :cap_old:

Yeees well then they should restrain from "it will never happen" statements...

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,508 posts
3,027 battles
17 hours ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

This can only be a good thing!  Yes!

It wont happen. WG stated they don't want large clans to dominate the economy as happens in WoT.

• Cool 1

Players
2,756 posts
8,175 battles

And how many does WOT have in their clans...100 is it? 

And we only have 50.  

Hummm.

I think WG are really missing a trick not increasing it. Has it dominated WOT? I haven't really played WOT for like 5 years so its a genuine question.:cap_tea:

[ADRIA]
Players
179 posts
9,923 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Yeees well then they should restrain from "it will never happen" statements...

Dont think he said it will never happen rather why it cannot happen currently. 

Q: Will the clan member max of 50 ever be raised?

A: We do not plan to do it, because:

1. Oil farm imbalance;
  2. All current clan activities actually are fine even with 30/clan limit, 50 is already a bit too much;
  3. It will hurt CB MM diversity.

Found it:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/d19s19/readers_digest_wows_live_qa_23/

[DAVY]
Players
1,866 posts
10,608 battles

yes i'd like to see an increase in clan size, but i can also understand some of their reasoning for not, what i'd like more than that though is for one of the new useless ranks they introduced be able to start clan battles/brawls without having to give members recruiter permissions, it can't be that hard to do, maybe the 'commissioned officer' rank...

some new buildings or something to work towards with regards the oil collected too, we've build everything and are now well over 250k oil in reserve.

Sign in to follow this