You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bics93

BB overpopulation

27 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
19,448 posts
12,225 battles

That was just luck.

image.thumb.png.d08277153ff62a0285535088cd5ad979.png

BB population was lower after the CV rework und during US Cruiser split.

• Cool 1

Players
4,370 posts
7,987 battles

Solution: play mid tiers. There you have games with 2 Cruisers now, because CVs and BBs are best buddies there.

And thats why looking at average numbers tells you very little about the state of the game in specific tiers @ColonelPete ...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
422 posts
4,997 battles
8 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

That was just luck.

I know, I was just joking :cap_old:

I usually appreciate your commitment to refute the [edited] with data, but in this case it was not necessary.

Mea culpa, I will remember to write "/ s" for those without sense of humor :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Players
3,657 posts
245 battles

Regardless i laughed to hard at the picture lol.

I need to use gimp more for memes.

I seem to see a lot of cruisers doe, sometimes even 5 a side DD's (seems kinda common recently).

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
422 posts
4,997 battles
1 minuto fa, CptBarney ha scritto:

I seem to see a lot of cruisers doe, sometimes even 5 a side DD's (seems kinda common recently).

Yeah, 4-5 DDs per side happened a lot in the last days, they usually are quite difficult matches because you have to kill something fast before all 44% win rate destroyers on your team suicide by getting torped in their smoke :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
3,657 posts
245 battles
Just now, Bics93 said:

Yeah, 4-5 DDs per side happened a lot in the last days, they usually are quite difficult matches because you have to kill something fast before all 44% win rate destroyers on your team suicide by getting torped in their smoke :Smile_teethhappy:

Drives me up the bloody wall when that happens especially in my georgia, couldn't even push D because our DD's refused to spot theirs (we had more stealthy dd's) and they had 3 hovering around the bloody cap spamming torps.

Yeah we lost that game. Oh well.

[CATS]
Players
19,448 posts
12,225 battles
15 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Solution: play mid tiers. There you have games with 2 Cruisers now, because CVs and BBs are best buddies there.

And thats why looking at average numbers tells you very little about the state of the game in specific tiers @ColonelPete ...

Just look at the right stats.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
1,004 posts
5,840 battles

Smolensksksksksks... ks, are easy prey for Heavy Cruisers. And personally i dont mind them that much in BBs.

I mean yea sure theres 16 shells raining on you every 3 seconds, but just calm down bro they're only 130mm and only can do so much.

IMO Smolensk is our new OP Kutuzov. If anyone remembers back in the day when Kutuzovs used to roam the battlefields spamming HE from smoke at 20km or so. :cap_old:

EDIT: 

nm bring a smolensk to mid tiers pls....

image.png.9cd7e6242a6fedb081f3f831bb271577.png

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,645 posts
6,078 battles
1 hour ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

image.png.9cd7e6242a6fedb081f3f831bb271577.png

Disgusting, I bet the Nurnberg / Furutaka / Koningsberg and De Grasse had a blast with 5 enemy BB's.

Ow wait, that wasn't the point right :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
8,842 battles
1 hour ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Smolensksksksksks... ks, are easy prey for Heavy Cruisers. And personally i dont mind them that much in BBs.

I mean yea sure theres 16 shells raining on you every 3 seconds, but just calm down bro they're only 130mm and only can do so much.

IMO Smolensk is our new OP Kutuzov. If anyone remembers back in the day when Kutuzovs used to roam the battlefields spamming HE from smoke at 20km or so. :cap_old:

EDIT: 

nm bring a smolensk to mid tiers pls....

there you go mate

image.jpg

• Funny 7

[THESO]
Players
566 posts
10,523 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That was just luck.

Out of curiosity, where do you get that data from? There seems so be quite a bit of correlation. I'd love to take a closer look.

[CATS]
Players
19,448 posts
12,225 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Out of curiosity, where do you get that data from? There seems so be quite a bit of correlation. I'd love to take a closer look.

Well, the sum of all graphs has to be 1.

I take the weekly stats from here:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20191012/eu_week/average_class.html

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
19,448 posts
12,225 battles
Just now, HMS_Kilinowski said:

You manually append the weekly data to your time series?

Yes, I do.

image.thumb.png.7c54d0a2d5a7ffec0cb42cb87b00699e.png

[THESO]
Players
566 posts
10,523 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, I do.

image.thumb.png.7c54d0a2d5a7ffec0cb42cb87b00699e.png

That's what I call dedication.

Ofc it's a bit unfortunate, that the maplesyrup data seems to be a bit neglected. At least they haven't realized over a period of more than 2 years there is a new french nation, not to speak of the more exotic nations and the new pan-Eurpean and soon to come italian-line. I am not arguing any of your statements, but there is potential for bias. DD ratio could be higher due to the recently added french DDs. CV ratio is lower, as all other lines are missing french ships.

Beta Tester
4,672 posts
20,298 battles
4 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Ofc it's a bit unfortunate, that the maplesyrup data seems to be a bit neglected. At least they haven't realized over a period of more than 2 years there is a new french nation, not to speak of the more exotic nations and the new pan-Eurpean and soon to come italian-line. I am not arguing any of your statements, but there is potential for bias. DD ratio could be higher due to the recently added french DDs. CV ratio is lower, as all other lines are missing french ships.

F.JPG.8c57af9c73435675ce1b02a862b8d5ea.JPG

[CATS]
Players
19,448 posts
12,225 battles
5 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

The nations and ships are all included.

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
[P-W-C]
Players
4,923 posts
27,404 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Just look at the right stats.

But it says T7+. It should be for T8+. 

Players
439 posts
8,875 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

BB population was lower after the CV rework und during US Cruiser split

I'm baffled by this. Just by personal experience, CV numbers have recovered a lot during the last couple of patches? You get a lot of games with 4 CV's in mid-tiers. Yet the numbers from Maple Syrup seem to show near-constant low numbers in the last couple of months?

[CATS]
Players
19,448 posts
12,225 battles
21 minutes ago, asalonen said:

I'm baffled by this. Just by personal experience, CV numbers have recovered a lot during the last couple of patches? You get a lot of games with 4 CV's in mid-tiers. Yet the numbers from Maple Syrup seem to show near-constant low numbers in the last couple of months?

This is Tier VII+, Tier VI and IV CV are not included.

When you look at Tier I to VI, CV had 8,06% last week, nearly fourtimes the relative numbers of high Tier CV.

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
569 posts
7,146 battles

What is the problem with BB overpopulation? Thats where the most damage comes from! Also be careful for what you wish there are some rumors that yamato will get buffed!

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles
17 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

What is the problem with BB overpopulation? Thats where the most damage comes from! Also be careful for what you wish there are some rumors that yamato will get buffed!

WG admitted "BB overpopulation" around introduction of German BBs back in 2016. Measures WG did to counteract that:

*cue cricket sound*

When WG admitted "DD overpopulation" in early 2019 they immediately rolled MM rule to softcap destroyers to 4 per team.

And while its easy to farm nice damage numbers on BBs, killing one for actual game impact can be extraordinarily hard, even more so when its piloted by someone with two cells instead usual one.

• Cool 3

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
422 posts
4,997 battles
30 minuti fa, Animalul2012 ha scritto:

there are some rumors that yamato will get buffed!

Interesting, any info or source about this matter?