You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mantiscore

Imagine having one of the best AA in the game yet the tier 8 CV just dabs on you

151 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles

Even tho i shot down 50 of his planes and made 103k damage to the planes he just kept coming at me. I sailed a JB.

Im having fun

Inkedshot-19.10.12_14.56.19-0261_LI.jpg

• Cool 9
  • Bad 2

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

And how many of these planes were fighters?:cap_popcorn:

literally none. see the picture

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
Players
1,098 posts
15,800 battles
16 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

Im having fun

WG: Problem solved :fish_haloween:

• Funny 8

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
649 posts
4,826 battles

And you feel like you should be immune to his damage? I just dont understand how people like you think :Smile_child:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
2 minutes ago, Floofz said:

And you feel like you should be immune to his damage? I just dont understand how people like you think :Smile_child:

Yes, probably.

Just as hes immune to everyone else's dmg

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
649 posts
4,826 battles
Just now, mantiscore said:

Yes, probably.

Just as hes immune to everyone else's dmg

I was not aware CVs were immune to damage :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
Just now, Floofz said:

I was not aware CVs were immune to damage :Smile_ohmy:

Technically they are, as probably you are not gonna see or have a range to shoot him most of the time

• Cool 5

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,358 posts
1 hour ago, mantiscore said:

Even tho i shot down 50 of his planes and made 103k damage to the planes he just kept coming at me. I sailed a JB.

Im having fun

Spoiler

Inkedshot-19.10.12_14.56.19-0261_LI.jpg

He dealt 37k damage to you (if all torp hits came from the carrier), ignoring the fires (as that damage can easily be repaired and controlled and I am not sure how many were caused by the CV). You took out 50 planes in return and kept him busy all game long.

If 37k damage bother you in a T-IX battleship I'm not sure what to tell you. For me this looks like the enemy CV wasted a lot of time and planes on you.

• Cool 14
  • Bad 3

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

He dealt 37k damage to you (if all torp hits came from the carrier), ignoring the fires (as that damage can easily be repaired and controlled and I am not sure how many were caused by the CV). You took out almost 60 planes in return and kept him busy all game long.

If 37k damage bother you in a T-IX battleship I'm not sure what to tell you. For me this looks like the enemy CV wasted a lot of time and planes on you.

What bothers me is the fact that doesnt f*king matter how good your AA is, its just a damned placeholder and the cv can feast on you for god knows how long, because mate you are not going to deplane that cv if he recalls his squadrons after every attack.

• Cool 5

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
649 posts
4,826 battles
7 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

Technically they are, as probably you are not gonna see or have a range to shoot him most of the time

Oh you mean exactly like DDs then. Except a CV has a very long detectionrange where as a DD does not.

The community is actualy hilarious in this game. DDs are by FAR FAR the absolutely most powerful class in the game yet they are somehow considered the weakest and DD mains are always victims. Instead we blame CVs. Oh CVs are so OP they can strike anything anywhere any time, said the person who never played a single game in a high tier CV. You are aware that the CV in your game spent an awful long time trying to kill you right? Which made him completely preoccupied with that and didnt spot for his team or help his team. I usually take advantage of that, there are many ways to win a battle.

People are obsessed with their personal achievements, instead of going into the battle, playing as a team and do what you can to win. But Ill let you in on a little secret. If you play to win, help your team and play as a team, your results will become better than if youre just chasing personal glory.

EDIT. AA is a placeholder? You shot down over 50 planes? You locked him in one area of the map for a long time, not helping his team by spotting or hunting DDs.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 5

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
3 minutes ago, Floofz said:

Oh you mean exactly like DDs then. Except a CV has a very long detectionrange where as a DD does not.

The community is actualy hilarious in this game. DDs are by FAR FAR the absolutely most powerful class in the game yet they are somehow considered the weakest and DD mains are always victims. Instead we blame CVs. Oh CVs are so OP they can strike anything anywhere any time, said the person who never played a single game in a high tier CV. You are aware that the CV in your game spent an awful long time trying to kill you right? Which made him completely preoccupied with that and didnt spot for his team or help his team. I usually take advantage of that, there are many ways to win a battle.

People are obsessed with their personal achievements, instead of going into the battle, playing as a team and do what you can to win. But Ill let you in on a little secret. If you play to win, help your team and play as a team, your results will become better than if youre just chasing personal glory.

Dds are not. Hell the CVs can spot a DD and rip off half of their HP pool in one shot. And if a CV spots a DD there are thw whole team to shoot that boat because a DD is on the frontline

Stop being pathetic.

Also how did you manage to drive this post to b*tching about personal glory and stuff?

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
4 minutes ago, Floofz said:

EDIT. AA is a placeholder? You shot down over 50 planes? You locked him in one area of the map for a long time, not helping his team by spotting or hunting DDs.

Yes, the AA is a placeholder as it has exactly zero effect on the outcome of his attacks because he recalls them after every run.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
649 posts
4,826 battles
1 minute ago, mantiscore said:

Dds are not. Hell the CVs can spot a DD and rip off half of their HP pool in one shot. And if a CV spots a DD there are thw whole team to shoot that boat because a DD is on the frontline

Stop being pathetic

Or listen to people that are better and more experienced than yourself. I have a much higher amount of high tier DD games played than you do, yet I do not complain about CVs. The class that absolutely suffers the most from CVs are BBs, not DDs. It is extremely difficult for a CV to actualy find a DD if you turn your AA off. And if he does find you you can smoke, turn your AA on again and shoot down his planes while he cant see you.

You need personal experience not other peoples oppinions, because most players in this game doesnt have the slightest clue of how to counterplay anything.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,358 posts
10 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

What bothers me is the fact that doesnt [redacted] matter how good your AA is, its just a damned placeholder and the cv can feast on you for god knows how long, because mate you are not going to deplane that cv if he recalls his squadrons after every attack.

If the CV can bother you that easily for the whole match then I guess you were alone for the same timeframe, making yourself an easy target for him. I consider this a misplay on your part.

Your AA still dealt a lot of damage to his only attack option. His planes. You can ignore that all you like, it is still significant.

6 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

[redacted]

You might want to start to watch your language. If you want us to take you serious stop the swearing and the insults.

Right now all I see is whining, a potential misplay on your part, and not enough damage dealt to you by the CV to be significant or a threat.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
Just now, Floofz said:

Or listen to people that are better and more experienced than yourself. I have a much higher amount of high tier DD games played than you do, yet I do not complain about CVs. The class that absolutely suffers the most from CVs are BBs, not DDs. It is extremely difficult for a CV to actualy find a DD if you turn your AA off. And if he does find you you can smoke, turn your AA on again and shoot down his planes while he cant see you.

You need personal experience not other peoples oppinions, because most players in this game doesnt have the slightest clue of how to counterplay anything.

You dont counterplay a cv, as it is impossible.

Turning off AA is merely gives you a chance to avoid him.

Turning off your AA only works if the enemy CV is stupid. If you have more IQ than a pancake you should know approximately where the DD is, and i you get close enough to him you spot him

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
5 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

If the CV can bother you that easily for the whole match then I guess you were alone for the same timeframe, making yourself an easy target for him. I consider this a misplay on your part.

Your AA still dealt a lot of damage to his only attack option. His planes. You can ignore that all you like, it is still significant.

You might want to start to watch your language. If you want us to take you serious stop the swearing and the insults.

Right now all I see is whining, a potential misplay on your part, and not enough damage dealt to you by the CV to be significant or a threat.

I had a cruiser and a dd with me on that flank, they died, i remained alone.

Sorry i forgot to activae my FTL capabilities to instantly teleport to the other teammates

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
649 posts
4,826 battles
1 minute ago, mantiscore said:

You dont counterplay a cv, as it is impossible.

Turning off AA is merely gives you a chance to avoid him.

Turning off your AA only works if the enemy CV is stupid. If you have more IQ than a pancake you should know approximately where the DD is, and i you get close enough to him you spot him

And once again, if you deem something impossible while not listening to people who say it is possible you will never improve.

And once again you are only interested in personal glory not teamplay. If you could negate all damage a CV can do to you, what prevents everyone from doing the same thing? Rendering a CV completely useless and not being able to do anything for the entire battle. How much fun do you think that is to play? Or do you want a shield to protect you from DD torpedoes aswell because " you cant see them in advance".

You are aware that the air detectability in a DD is between 2 and 3 km right? That means that even if he is extremely lucky and manages to fly over you to spot you, he wouldnt be able to attack you as he needs distance to arm his weapons, at which points the DD will dissapear again.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
3,657 posts
245 battles

Sounds like a bad CV too be honest, if me, @Yoshanai or @El2aZeR got a hold of you then. well...

oh dear :Smile_trollface:

But yeah countering cv's basically means just delaying the inevitable rather than any hard counters in general.

Im still learning with miss midway, and yes you can mitigate the damage done by a CV, but you can only do soo much. I bet the shima, kitakaze and mino all had fun while i bombed them to death with midway (stock torpedo and rocketfighters as well).

• Cool 6

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
3 minutes ago, Floofz said:

And once again, if you deem something impossible while not listening to people who say it is possible you will never improve.

And once again you are only interested in personal glory not teamplay. If you could negate all damage a CV can do to you, what prevents everyone from doing the same thing? Rendering a CV completely useless and not being able to do anything for the entire battle. How much fun do you think that is to play? Or do you want a shield to protect you from DD torpedoes aswell because " you cant see them in advance".

You are aware that the air detectability in a DD is between 2 and 3 km right? That means that even if he is extremely lucky and manages to fly over you to spot you, he wouldnt be able to attack you as he needs distance to arm his weapons, at which points the DD will dissapear again.

Sorry but im not going to sacrifice my fun so the CV can have his fun on me just so we have a bigger chance to win.

Id rather lose in an epic battle

• Cool 6

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
649 posts
4,826 battles
2 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

Sorry but im not going to sacrifice my fun so the CV can have his fun on me just so we have a bigger chance to win.

Id rather lose in an epic battle

Well youre playing the wrong game then. Aircraftcarriers is a class in the game, just as in real life naval warfare. You can live with it, learn to counterplay it or go play something else.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[BYOB]
Players
281 posts
3,137 battles
1 minute ago, Floofz said:

Well youre playing the wrong game then. Aircraftcarriers is a class in the game, just as in real life naval warfare. You can live with it, learn to counterplay it or go play something else.

Understandable have a nice day

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
896 posts
6,546 battles
8 minutes ago, Floofz said:

Aircraftcarriers is a class in the game, just as in real life naval warfare

Yes with unlimited planes, healthbars, immedietly take offs

never knew that the RL Carriers were already that advanced in the 2nd WW, thanks for the history lesson.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
649 posts
4,826 battles
1 minute ago, Elypse201 said:

Yes with unlimited planes, healthbars, immedietly take offs

never new that the RL Carriers were already that advanced in the 2nd WW, thanks for the history lesson.

And yet CVs still dont have unlimited planes, not even remotely close.

But when were on the subject. DDs have "unlimited" amount of torpedoes. BBs have ridicolously unrealistic accuracy. All ships have ridicously unrealistic speed and manouverability.

This thread really brings out a whole new meaning to the word BBaby (which is a word I truely detest normally).

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

Players
4,370 posts
7,987 battles
44 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

ignoring the fires (as that damage can easily be repaired and controlled

And they lived happily ever after - storytime with Egoleter.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2