You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Ere we go again

30 comments in this topic

[S-O-M]
Players
268 posts
5,051 battles

YEESSSSSSSSS it's the weekend, cue truly shocking play by weekend warriors.

I was 8 wins away from a pure 50% WR, and now it's the weekend that's sliding, my own performance have been ok, it's the shrubs that make up the rest of the team, during the week the standard is better, and at certain times it's high (notably after 10pm), almost chess like.

To make it fair couldn't wg incorporate some sort of skill factor, e.g those who've played less than 1000 games get grouped with similar players, yes seal clubbing improves your PR, and kill count but does nothing for your WR.

I know it's about as likely as WG sorting out MM, Cv's, AA, and russian botes that aren't op ;-).

How many others get frustrated at the weekend, and other than after 10pm are there any other times that the standard improves ?.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[THESO]
Players
1,885 posts
7,052 battles

Don't use the weekend as an excuse and see it as an opportunity to improve. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,358 posts
8 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

How many others get frustrated at the weekend,

Yes. Due to the copy&paste threads we get every week blaming everyone and everything for what is actually just randomness, as in "random matchmaking".

• Cool 8

Players
2,130 posts
11,647 battles

Yup... totally the fault of bad players on the weekend....

ohhhhh, wait.... maybe you shouldn’t say anything....

• Funny 4

[WASP_]
Players
348 posts
4 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

I was 8 wins away from a pure 50% WR, and now it's the weekend that's sliding, my own performance have been ok, it's the shrubs that make up the rest of the team, during the week the standard is better, and at certain times it's high (notably after 10pm), almost chess like.

To make it fair couldn't wg incorporate some sort of skill factor, e.g those who've played less than 1000 games get grouped with similar players, yes seal clubbing improves your PR, and kill count but does nothing for your WR.

I know it's about as likely as WG sorting out MM, Cv's, AA, and russian botes that aren't op ;-).

How many others get frustrated at the weekend, and other than after 10pm are there any other times that the standard improves ?.

When I'm on a losing streak (which is often) I just stop. 4 games in a row is my limit, I find there is no point chasing it. I switch over to ranked(heaven help us :Smile-_tongue:) and let the streak die there. If I'm in a particularly lazy mood I pop into to co-op.

• Cool 2

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles
21 minutes ago, Merlin851526 said:

When I'm on a losing streak (which is often) I just stop. 4 games in a row is my limit, I find there is no point chasing it. I switch over to ranked(heaven help us :Smile-_tongue:) and let the streak die there. If I'm in a particularly lazy mood I pop into to co-op.

I'd just switch game. Recently I have streak of DoW2 coop mode, Last Stand:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
268 posts
5,051 battles

Another example for those sceptics, that know exactly what I'm on about;

In hood, unusually Top tier, the ally DD doesn't move until I move it (deliberate broadside ram), what's he do go to the 2 allied cv's and circle them, as the team's losses increase and I'm retreating from a shirat, Yorck, Nagato and cv strikes, the DD decides to charge out to meet the 3 and dies instantly.

That's exactly wot I'm talking about; clueless weekend warriors that hamper those that do give a damn, do try and do invest time and money in the game, would you buy a meal only for the guy on the next table to take your food ?.   Sadly I was out of complaints & afk's from the previous 3 games.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,358 posts
3 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

Another example for those sceptics, that know exactly what I'm on about;

In hood, unusually Top tier, the ally DD doesn't move until I move it (deliberate broadside ram), what's he do go to the 2 allied cv's and circle them, as the team's losses increase and I'm retreating from a shirat, Yorck, Nagato and cv strikes, the DD decides to charge out to meet the 3 and dies instantly.

That's exactly wot I'm talking about; clueless weekend warriors that hamper those that do give a damn, do try and do invest time and money in the game, would you buy a meal only for the guy on the next table to take your food ?.   Sadly I was out of complaints & afk's from the previous 3 games.

A situation that can happen at any given day and time. It doesn't happen more often on weekends or during holidays.

That's just your observation bias looking for a scapegoat to blame. Creating a million repetitive threads about it will not change that.

• Cool 1

Players
456 posts
1,776 battles
2 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

How do you imagine that will improve your WR? You both lose the low skill and inexperienced players who you should be farming now, and at the same time you play against people of equal skill and experience so winning will be even harder to achieve.

Players
1,051 posts
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

I'd just switch game. Recently I have streak of DoW2 coop mode, Last Stand:Smile_smile:

Same here. Except I jump into Skyrim and run around for a bit while chopping a few heads off. Makes me feel so much better.

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
268 posts
5,051 battles

ERE WE GO AGAIN 2, The same old it's you mate you're crap, probably from the people who think MM and Cv's are fine :Smile_hiding:.

Its funny that the same thing happens every week; I do well all week, get to the weekend, and I see spuds, funny that no one mentioned the DD; I assume no one else has seen an afk DD refuse to move until pushed to do so, continually go around 2 cv's, and then charge off to their instant demise, EXACTLY the sort of thing you "normally" see at the weekend.

I'm sure the "oh it's you" brigade would throw their toys out of the cot and throw more salt around than a gritter if faced with the exact same situation, would they blame themselves:Smile-_tongue:, of course not !.

• Cool 1

Players
2,130 posts
11,647 battles
6 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

I do well all week

Are you sure about that...

• Funny 1

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
649 posts
4,826 battles

Ive never understood the argument where youre supposed to lose more during weekends because of worse players. Arent the players on the enemy team also worse then? Shouldnt you be able to carry games easier if youre not a baddie?

• Cool 3

[-RDE-]
Players
186 posts
17,802 battles
8 minutes ago, Floofz said:

Ive never understood the argument where youre supposed to lose more during weekends because of worse players. Arent the players on the enemy team also worse then? Shouldnt you be able to carry games easier if youre not a baddie?

i'd like to agree but imho the weekend does crash my wr too.. i seem to get more and more games like this(pics) and when comparing teams the wining team will have four or five ppl with purple clan names meaning they are top teir and ours are well lets say are not..lol (they weren't in a division either  :)

Captu.JPG

Captur.JPG

• Cool 1

Players
707 posts
15,125 battles

It really does beggers belief how bad some teams can be, usually at weekends I prefer to play DDs as at least I have more chance to impact the game but the number of friendly ships torping from the second line is incredible. You would think the enemy team would have just as many bad players but it really is frustrating.

[NOCAP]
Players
5,082 posts
10,030 battles
5 hours ago, MadBadDave said:

Nice stats buddy, guess you are one of them 

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,691 posts
27,578 battles

I see a pattern here, these threads usually starts late Friday/ early Saturday they run their course over the weekend and get locked Monday

Weekend Tester
1,004 posts
5,840 battles

Iz ya boi, tryin to get that first win of the day

image.png.ef4be1de06a2f2173852dea419a350b4.png

Dont you just love WEEKENDS :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

[WASP_]
Players
348 posts
2 hours ago, Floofz said:

It may due to more people playing at the weekends.