Sign in to follow this  
lmperial_Japanese_Navy

Ibuki missing a radar. (model)

22 comments in this topic

[IJN]
Players
148 posts
4,093 battles

Hello! I wanted to make a report regarding the model of Ibuki heavy cruiser but it doesn't seem like there is a report section on this forum so i will have to make a topic on it and hope the developers will see it.

Anyway, Type 21 is a air search radar and was installed on surface ships beginning in 1943.

You can find this radar on many Japanese heavy cruisers.

Spoiler

cats.thumb.jpg.5e4757094987396f1a12ac3176ef39d0.jpg

However the Ibuki, despite it has a radar tower and supposed to be a more modern cruiser than any other ship above but the Type 21 is not there. The only radars on the tower  are two Type 22.

126290090_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2019_10.12-06_55_07_90.thumb.png.23ab0497161032475424c262d05ff80f.png

''Early warning would have been provided by a Type 2, Mark 2, Model 1 radar mounted at the top of the foremast. ''

According to this diagram of the Ibuki, the ship supposed to has a Type 21 air search radar.

hhZD0FB.thumb.jpg.b639c4ac8c301fa02dc6dd1732de9c9e.jpg

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles

Just guessing here.

For air search Ibuki 3D model has a Type 13 radar in the rear mast.

Type 21 was an old model by the time Ibuki COULD HAVE been in service. Old ships kept their Type 21s even after getting a Type 13 (probably for redundancy, as Japanese radars tended to work poorly), but newest ships didn't get Type 21s. Check the latest Akizuki class DDs as an example (in WoWs as well).

Now, if anybody knows what radar set has Zao in the forward mast (apart from the Type 13) I'll be happy to know.

[OLEUM]
Players
265 posts
16,961 battles

This game gender has been stated for a long time how and explained in the dev blogs and videos : it's an arcade game. Just the ships models are realistic.

It s probably tricky to find the game gender on nowadays game as most of them are also on free to play/slot machines models.

You re welcome. Have a good day. :)

[IJN]
Players
148 posts
4,093 battles
5 hours ago, JapLance said:

Just guessing here.

For air search Ibuki 3D model has a Type 13 radar in the rear mast.

Type 21 was an old model by the time Ibuki COULD HAVE been in service. Old ships kept their Type 21s even after getting a Type 13 (probably for redundancy, as Japanese radars tended to work poorly), but newest ships didn't get Type 21s. Check the latest Akizuki class DDs as an example (in WoWs as well).

Now, if anybody knows what radar set has Zao in the forward mast (apart from the Type 13) I'll be happy to know.

It makes sense but i still think she should has her radar modeled because that is how she was originally designed.

Besides it's kinda weird how the radar base is still present on top of the foremast without a radar.

It is almost like they forgot to model a radar on it.

If WG really didn't give Ibuki the type 21 because they thought the radar would be outdated by the time Ibuki is put in service then i can''t think of any explanation to why they gave this radar on other newer ship designs such as super-Akizuki (Kitakaze) and B-65 (Azuma).

Regarding the radar on Zao (Yoshino also has it)  i do not know but they remind me of the radar found on some American ships.

It is possibly a prototype or experimental radar copied from the american because i have heard the Japanese did some copy on captured US radar, can't remember what it was, and ofc i could be completely wrong lul.

Spoiler

page.thumb.jpg.bb5a760c53da8bd5f0f4f6d8cda50fdf.jpg

WG created Zao based on a drawing from a Japanese magazine however in the drawing there is no such radar but i found a model which has this same radar just like the Zao in the game.

Spoiler

sl88v0zv53k31.jpg

[IJN]
Players
148 posts
4,093 battles

So after i made a report some months ago about this, the Ibuki now recieved its missing Type 21 air search radar in today update, and yes it is animated !

332101045_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_07.15-15_59_16_44.thumb.png.eb83d176543ac7895d39d907308100da.png

• Cool 2

Players
149 posts
8,829 battles
33 minutes ago, lmperial_Japanese_Navy said:

So after i made a report some months ago about this, the Ibuki now recieved its missing Type 21 air search radar in today update, and yes it is animated !

332101045_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_07.15-15_59_16_44.thumb.png.eb83d176543ac7895d39d907308100da.png

still no radar in the game, so Ibuki still a painfull ship...

[IJN]
Players
148 posts
4,093 battles
6 hours ago, fabatka said:

yeah but i'm just glad they corrected the model.

Ibuki is a good sniper ship, it is actually by far my favorite IJN cruiser, feels like a tier 9 Atago. Slap the fire control modification upgrade on her and you get 19 km firing range and then slap the rudder shift upgrade and you get like 6 or 5 second rudder shift time, that is how i play the Ibuki, at long range she she is almost impposible to hit XD

I'd like some HP buff on her along with the Zao though, 39k HP is definitely way too low for a tier 9 ship.

[-N5C-]
Players
271 posts
16,897 battles
On 10/24/2019 at 5:42 PM, anonym_OQ8SFxmDxroh said:

Ibuki is a joke. Tier 9 cruiser with just 39 000 HP and no radar and no armor. For comparison Genova Italian tier 5 cruiser has 30 100 HP. I think Wargaming's developers team has some serious issues.

Ibuki is a very capable cruiser for it's tier, but it's not forgiving if you play it wrong.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,359 posts
6,764 battles
37 minutes ago, Nit0 said:

Ibuki is a very capable cruiser for it's tier, but it's not forgiving if you play it wrong.

Mogami isn't exactly very forgiving either while we're at it, and pretty good practice for her if you run the 203's..

[-N5C-]
Players
271 posts
16,897 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Mogami isn't exactly very forgiving either while we're at it, and pretty good practice for her if you run the 203's..

Mogami is also a very good cruiser, but it requires that you know how to kite properly. It also requires a solid captain for optimal build (155 guns). 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,359 posts
6,764 battles
1 hour ago, Nit0 said:

Mogami is also a very good cruiser, but it requires that you know how to kite properly. It also requires a solid captain for optimal build (155 guns). 

The problem with that build is that it doesn't mesh at all with the rest of the line, or the IJN premium cruisers, though.

[-N5C-]
Players
271 posts
16,897 battles
On 7/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, lafeel said:

The problem with that build is that it doesn't mesh at all with the rest of the line, or the IJN premium cruisers, though.

That is very true, I'm sure it's one of those ships who will get some changes to it if we ever gets a Japanese light cruiser line

[IJN]
Players
148 posts
4,093 battles
On 7/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, lafeel said:

Mogami heavy cruiser is overshadowed by Tone and especially the Atago because she has no repair party like them and i still can not understand why she is still not allowed to have heal, beside having one second less reload the Mogami does nothing significantly better than the Atago or even Tone.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,359 posts
6,764 battles
51 minutes ago, lmperial_Japanese_Navy said:

Mogami heavy cruiser is overshadowed by Tone and especially the Atago because she has no repair party like them and i still can not understand why she is still not allowed to have heal, beside having one second less reload the Mogami does nothing significantly better than the Atago or even Tone.

She's the game's oldest tier 8 cruiser, premium or otherwise, so the fact they haven't given her a one implies she does just fine without.

[IJN]
Players
148 posts
4,093 battles
On 7/19/2021 at 5:25 PM, lafeel said:

She's the game's oldest tier 8 cruiser, premium or otherwise, so the fact they haven't given her a one implies she does just fine without.

Is she though ? There is a reason why the Atago is known as the best tier 8 cruiser but the Mogami is not despite they both are in the same tier and shared everything pretty much the same except for the heal which is such a big advantage.

I honestly have no reason to play the Mogami when i have the Atago, even if Mogami is supposed to be played as light cruiser with 155 mm guns for some reason, i still don't find the ship more enjoyable than the Atago.

One would not be wrong to call the Atago a P2W ship since the free ship supposed to be an equivelent is just simply worse.

And i don't trust WG way of balancing ships based on their statistic, if it is so reliable then the Zao would not have to struggle as it is and ofc the Mogami would not become one of the forgotted IJN cruisers.

[-N5C-]
Players
271 posts
16,897 battles
On 7/30/2021 at 6:28 PM, lmperial_Japanese_Navy said:

Is she though ? There is a reason why the Atago is known as the best tier 8 cruiser but the Mogami is not despite they both are in the same tier and shared everything pretty much the same except for the heal which is such a big advantage.

I honestly have no reason to play the Mogami when i have the Atago, even if Mogami is supposed to be played as light cruiser with 155 mm guns for some reason, i still don't find the ship more enjoyable than the Atago.

One would not be wrong to call the Atago a P2W ship since the free ship supposed to be an equivelent is just simply worse.

And i don't trust WG way of balancing ships based on their statistic, if it is so reliable then the Zao would not have to struggle as it is and ofc the Mogami would not become one of the forgotted IJN cruisers.

Mogami with 155mm guns and IFHE is still very strong. It got a 10 second reload (Atago is 16 seconds). Is it an odd duck in the tech tree because of the 155mm guns? Yes it is. 

But it's far from being a weak cruiser because of it.

The biggest problem for Mogami, is that new players will only play it with 203mm guns, because of lack of captain skills. And with that build, it's true that it's just a weaker Atago.

Hopeful they will keep Mogami with 155mm guns if they ever decides to split Japanese cruiser line.

[IJN]
Players
148 posts
4,093 battles
On 8/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, Nit0 said:

Mogami with 155mm guns and IFHE is still very strong. It got a 10 second reload (Atago is 16 seconds). Is it an odd duck in the tech tree because of the 155mm guns? Yes it is. 

But it's far from being a weak cruiser because of it.

The biggest problem for Mogami, is that new players will only play it with 203mm guns, because of lack of captain skills. And with that build, it's true that it's just a weaker Atago.

Hopeful they will keep Mogami with 155mm guns if they ever decides to split Japanese cruiser line.

Japan needs a new branch. It has been like 3 years since we got free ships for the tech tree. 

Add a light cruiser branch for Japan and remove Mogami's 155 mm gun modification then buff Mogami maybe give her heal like other tier 8 IJN cruisers.

And then add Suzuya sub-class with 155 mm guns  in the light cruiser branch.

[BHSFL]
Players
995 posts
1 hour ago, lmperial_Japanese_Navy said:

Add a light cruiser branch for Japan and remove Mogami's 155 mm gun modification then buff Mogami maybe give her heal like other tier 8 IJN cruisers.

And then add Suzuya sub-class with 155 mm guns  in the light cruiser branch.

The Mogami class originally had 155mm that were rearmed the moment they left the treaty.

Also we dont need a IJN light cruiser branch because the Agano is undergunned with a 152mm 3x2 arrangement, Oyodo was obsolete when finished and the Ioshima was a pair of China Navy Ning Hai class cruisers that were salvaged and rearmed and they were based on the Yūbari that alone should say everything about then.

Japan wasnt really interested in light cruisers, this is why when they could they rearmed their cruisers to be heavy cruisers and their designs were of heavy cruisers besides the Agano and Oyodo that were intended to serve as flagships for destroyer and submarine squadrons replacing older ships.

[IJN]
Players
148 posts
4,093 battles
On 8/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, WWDragon said:

The Mogami class originally had 155mm that were rearmed the moment they left the treaty.

Also we dont need a IJN light cruiser branch because the Agano is undergunned with a 152mm 3x2 arrangement, Oyodo was obsolete when finished and the Ioshima was a pair of China Navy Ning Hai class cruisers that were salvaged and rearmed and they were based on the Yūbari that alone should say everything about then.

Japan wasnt really interested in light cruisers, this is why when they could they rearmed their cruisers to be heavy cruisers and their designs were of heavy cruisers besides the Agano and Oyodo that were intended to serve as flagships for destroyer and submarine squadrons replacing older ships.

It is not new to make a branch of paper ships, we already have plenty of branches that are made of ships that were never built so it is not necessary to make the japanese light cruiser branch entirely of historical ships !

The Oyodo is not going to be added in the tech tree, most likely a tier 6 premium since they already added hybrid ships as premium. The Agano/ Yahagi would be fine it just needs better RoF ! 9 seconds is way too long for 6 guns, 6 or 5 seconds will make it playable but then again a sub branch doesn't need to start from tier 1, it could be started from tier 6 like Akizuki line.

Well, i do love to have IJN light cruisers in the game, i need a new branch for Japan in general, the Germany is getting two new branches confirmed in just a month! While Japan haven't seen any new tech tree ships since the DD sub branch.

Anyway this is getting out of topic...

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,454 posts
5,103 battles
On 7/15/2021 at 4:37 PM, fabatka said:

I'll guess I just fluked

Players
149 posts
8,829 battles
11 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

I'll guess I just fluked

Yeah, this games happens once in a lifetime ;)

Sign in to follow this