Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HentaiSquirrel

premium shop - inconsistent information

4 comments in this topic

Players
387 posts

Today I noticed two inconsistencies in the premium shop. One is slightly annoying, the other just potentially deceptive.

1. Annoying...

When paying by SEPA direct debit the page confirming the transaction reads (roughly, but unambiguously):

"[purchase]...will be available in game momentarily... account information will be updated when you log in again..."

...time passes... ...minutes... ...hours...  Nothing. Not in game, and no account update either.

OK, let's RTFM then... https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10205/#section_1

Spoiler

rtfm_sepa.thumb.png.91b199c22c85ab299ecd385731b9a99c.png

This is annoying. It's Friday night, 2000 utc, a customer purchases an item to be used immediately, and over the weekend - gets an instant confirmation (also by e-mail) - and has to find out by RTFM that "Your weekend has been delayed by 9 days".

Yeah... thanx a lot! :-/   --> If a SEPA mandate takes up to 9! days! WHY don't you tell me a) before I click on purchase, so I can choose a faster option, and b) confirm my purchase and tell me my items are in port already? I'll stop here refraining from a sodium saturated rant. Here, ... have this instead:

Spoiler

quote-quality-in-a-service-or-product-is-not-what-you-put-into-it-it-is-what-the-client-or-peter-drucker-54-91-46.thumb.jpg.ab150c126af8e3f041672ccad45f5a05.jpgandroidapproach.gif.52a83b427fba4eb9f82a5eb3334ccae9.gif

2. let's just say... ambiguous information

Spoiler

airquote_fully-equipped_airquote.png.846e701de316c4332867e2701c27f8ac.png

If I hadn't known otherwise the term "fully equipped ships" would certainly have evoked the expectation not having to spend another 6 750 000 credits for upgrades, without which the ship is virtually useless. Why not spare your customers frustrations by communicating unambiguously? Just a thought...

I'll just eol.png.6788e0b7684e81114e2a18f3dd30280c.png now to not violate the forum rules by venting a torrent of doubleplusungood poo-words.

\m/

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,580 posts
17,993 battles

but those are not Modules but Upgrade, I see nothing wrong here

besides WG cant literally chose the Upgrades for you. You still have to do something yourself

Players
387 posts
1 hour ago, Kaseko said:

but those are not Modules but Upgrade, I see nothing wrong here

besides WG cant literally chose the Upgrades for you. You still have to do something yourself

Of course. You knew that, I knew that and that information is available - just not where the goods are advertised ;-) I'm not actually complaining about that. It's ambiguous to someone who's new to the game - and frustrating customers early doesn't pay off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What does annoy me starts with a sepa mandate, processed in split seconds (sic!) anywhere else taking their payment provider 6! friggin! days!* to process. What do they do? Encrypt the transaction /w an Enigma and send it in Morse code when the banks open on Monday mornig? );->

Even that would not be worth mentioning if they would a) provide that information readily before purchase, and b) not tell me "it's already in your port". Because if it is not then the customer (me, in this case) starts wondering what went wrong, until they (me) maybe, find that note 'hidden' in the support pages. That info should be on the page where one selects the method of payment. Again... frustrated customers are stingy, or soon to be ex-customers. 

...and who's going to feed the server hamsters so that you and i can continue to sink pixel ships when they shoo off customers by communicating like a 150k hipsta start-up ... : )

TL;DR: not whining, just venting personal frustration and friendly professional criticism ;-)

Cheers!

*(that's when the e-mail told they'll debit the amount)

• Cool 1

Players
387 posts

Follow-up/update:

After a minor hick-up by one support staff member, and a rather nice and much more helpful and friendly communication /w other staff members I just had the ticket closed.

The purchase has arrived today and contrary to a first statement (i.e. 'hick-up') there were no errors in the payment process. Seemingly the third party payment service provider actually did take 60 hours to process at least the confirmation. Slightly amazed by a process duration of 60 hours vs. < 60 seconds (anywhere else)... due to... what?  Weekend? Wow...!

Whatever ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now I'll go and sink someone ;->

Cheers.

Sign in to follow this