Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LOZFFVII

Uninstall n00b and go play Tetris

10 comments in this topic

Players
2,093 posts
4,794 battles

I've seriously never understood why "go play tetris" is considered a put-down in certain areas of this community.

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
2,093 posts
4,794 battles
On 10/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, MadGunna said:

Uhm, what did I just watch? A bot?

Nope, the guy is just really good at Tetris.

So good, he chose to style on the other 98 players in that match by playing the game to the beat of the BGM.

Actually, I think it would be really difficult to program a bot to be able to do such a thing, especially when he starts T-spinning in time with the beat as well. It would be difficult just to get a bot to work on Nintendo Switch hardware alone, I think (but then I'm not an expert on hacking consoles).

Players
1,142 posts
18,264 battles

The most difficult part in what he achieved is doing it down to the beat, apart from that the speed isn't as extreme as it was in the higher solo levels of arcade machines from the early '90s, or at least I remember them being faster than that. The longest streak I've ever witnessed with a single coin was 50-something levels, and the longest duel (PvP on the same machine) lasted nearly 15 minutes.

I agree that Tetris isn't an easy game. It seems that many people nowadays conflate simplicity with easiness, when they never correlate that good. Take Othello/Reversi, Go, checkers or any other game with a simple set of rules but high variability, they're not that easy to master, and if you add the pressure of having to think quicker as time goes on it becomes even harder. Heck, beating a Go master took longer and a lot more computational power than a chess master, and this simple fact was already predicted in articles about AI development at least as far as the late '80s.

Salute.

• Cool 2

Players
2,093 posts
4,794 battles

I'm necroing my old thread, but I do so with good reason.

Anime girl takes on 98 other players in Tetris 99:

The beginning shows clips of her beating three of her friends in less than 25s. Jump to 2:46 to skip this.

Players
397 posts
24,586 battles

I also never understood why People think that Tetris is easy.

I think Tetris is much harder than World of Warships.

But I prefer World of Warships because tetris is also very repetitive and I could not play that for an Hour or more

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,543 posts
13,677 battles
1 hour ago, LOZFFVII said:

I'm necroing my old thread, but I do so with good reason.

Anime girl takes on 98 other players in Tetris 99:

The beginning shows clips of her beating three of her friends in less than 25s. Jump to 2:46 to skip this.

Simply nuts.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this