Jump to content
Duecut

Daring Help

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BOATY]
Players
94 posts
7,629 battles

I've been having allot of trouble with the Daring, Jutland I couldn't get to grips with radar cruisers, but the Daring I just couldn't even manage without Radar cruisers in the match.

 

Anyway after watching some of Flamu's youtube video's I think I've managed a few games reasonably well. To translate "Well" I've cause damage, sunk ships and capped objectives (so I'm happier)

 

Anyway to the help that I need. With all the other ships I use the wiki page for commander recommendations, but for some reason these recommendations don't exist for the Daring. 

 

So the image shows what I currently have, for all you daring players out there what would you recommend?

 

 

Daring Comander.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,253 posts
10,822 battles

Drop SI and pick up SE and BFT instead. With premium consumables you get enough smokes and hydro to last the game unless you use them every single time they come of cooldown. The heal is nice but the flat HP bonus of SE combined with 2 heals is more worth it than the extra heal from SE and no additional flat HP. BFT is self explanatory. You are mainly a gunboat, so boosting gunpower is what you want.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,872 posts
12,542 battles

Personally I run PT-LS-SE-CE-SI-IFHE-AR in roughly that order and I've used the same captain on Jutland. BFT for 2s reload memes could be used instead SI or SE, but 0.2s reload I find not worthy of three points. And radar cruisers are proper pain in the arse when you try to play for the objective and have no hard cover handy, as speed is way too inadequate to disengage from radar cruiser.

 

IFHE is nice to have, but most of the time I find myself using AP. But when you face someone aware how AP shells work, you're stuck in somewhat akward situation, unable to do much in the way of damage without it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles

It might also be, that RN DDs dont exactly suit you. Looking your stats, this is a problem that spans across all RN DDs upwards T7.

Maybe just try another DD line for a change, and see, if they are more your thing?

But we cant judge how you play Daring and the other RN DDs. If you want more detailed feedback, upload a replay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
Players
94 posts
7,629 battles

 

45 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Drop SI and pick up SE and BFT instead. With premium consumables you get enough smokes and hydro to last the game unless you use them every single time they come of cooldown. The heal is nice but the flat HP bonus of SE combined with 2 heals is more worth it than the extra heal from SE and no additional flat HP. BFT is self explanatory. You are mainly a gunboat, so boosting gunpower is what you want.

I'm reluctant to give up SI cause the heals have saved my butt a few times tonight especially when I've been set on fire, but if I get not success with SI I'll give it a try.

 

38 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Personally I run PT-LS-SE-CE-SI-IFHE-AR in roughly that order and I've used the same captain on Jutland. BFT for 2s reload memes could be used instead SI or SE, but 0.2s reload I find not worthy of three points. And radar cruisers are proper pain in the arse when you try to play for the objective and have no hard cover handy, as speed is way too inadequate to disengage from radar cruiser.

 

IFHE is nice to have, but most of the time I find myself using AP. But when you face someone aware how AP shells work, you're stuck in somewhat akward situation, unable to do much in the way of damage without it.

everywhere says you've got to have IFHE with the Jutland and Daring, but the only thing I see IFHE doing is causing damaging to cruisers and BBs (superstructure) and I usually get more damage from setting a fire.

 

8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

It might also be, that RN DDs dont exactly suit you. Looking your stats, this is a problem that spans across all RN DDs upwards T7.

Maybe just try another DD line for a change, and see, if they are more your thing?

But we cant judge how you play Daring and the other RN DDs. If you want more detailed feedback, upload a replay?

Thanks, but even though I might be better suited to other lines I want to get good at the RN line. Kinda the same as the Cruiser line, I had a really hard time in Emerald and Fiji even though I really enjoyed them (Ok, I enjoyed the Fiji. Emerald ... well... also the Neptune :Smile_facepalm:).

 

Also I don't feel I improve my game by trying all the different bits before I get good at this bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
372 posts
5,914 battles
6 minutes ago, Duecut said:

 

I'm reluctant to give up SI cause the heals have saved my butt a few times tonight especially when I've been set on fire, but if I get not success with SI I'll give it a try.

 

everywhere says you've got to have IFHE with the Jutland and Daring, but the only thing I see IFHE doing is causing damaging to cruisers and BBs (superstructure) and I usually get more damage from setting a fire.

 

Thanks, but even though I might be better suited to other lines I want to get good at the RN line. Kinda the same as the Cruiser line, I had a really hard time in Emerald and Fiji even though I really enjoyed them (Ok, I enjoyed the Fiji. Emerald ... well... also the Neptune :Smile_facepalm:).

 

Also I don't feel I improve my game by trying all the different bits before I get good at this bit.

DD bow armour at t10 is higher than the Darings pen value.

 

no IFHE, no damage when they’re not broadside for AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGP2W]
Players
1,151 posts
11,800 battles

Daring and Jutland hmm...probably my most fav. DD's in entire WoWs. Very strong and have an insane carry potential.

First of all the commander skills: PT, LS, SE, CE, IFHE, SI, AR (forgett about BFT tbh.)
The gameplay changes from the Jervis and Lightning to the Jutland at tier 9 a little bit. You have now 10km torps instead of the normal 8km.
They are still just a nice gimmik and are very meeeeeeh.
Modulewise you should def. go with the reload on the main batteries in the last slot.

You are a knife fighter and cap contester. At the beginning i had "trouble" with the Daring because she is very tall and has 6km concealment which is not always great compared to the 5.7 of the Jutland.
Tips and advices are imo. difficult because everyone has his own playstyle.
You use your smoke mostly to deal damage in this short period of time, but it can be usefull sometimes for defense.
If there are DD's you should search for them and prowoke the fight. If it is not a Harugumo you will very likely kill them. If they are showing broadside you load your AP and give them 3k-4k Volleys. Even a Kleber and Khaba can just eat dirt at close ranges.
This does not mean you are useless at long ranges. The Arcs from the Jutland and Daring are the worst ingame, but you get used to it pretty fast when you are playing them a little bit, since you got heal you can survive many things a normal DD couldn't.
My personal playstyle is: To go for the cap in the beginning and try to capture it. After that you simply watch the minimap and have awareness where you can annoy the enemy pretty heavily. When two BB's are fighting each other don't smoke up, just open fire and load salvo for salvo into this BB. Dodge incomming shells if needed trough glorious Royal Navy acceleration. If there should be too much enemys have an eye on you just smoke up and try to loose their atention.
And there are also the torpedos i mentioned. You can single launch them if an enemy battleship for example comes bow on to your smoke or (what i do mostly) launch them on cooldown to enemy that might could get hit by them.

I put here a replay which i played today with a very good outcome, that shows pretty much everything(my camera work is very special so don't question it i have no idea why):

20191011_142602_PBSD110-Daring_25_sea_hope.wowsreplay

Also if someone is interested that's my statistic on both ships
 

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.png.0da19038f56e766618e7d92680e53968.png

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
Players
94 posts
7,629 battles
11 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

Daring and Jutland hmm...probably my most fav. DD's in entire WoWs. Very strong and have an insane carry potential.

First of all the commander skills: PT, LS, SE, CE, IFHE, SI, AR (forgett about BFT tbh.)
The gameplay changes from the Jervis and Lightning to the Jutland at tier 9 a little bit. You have now 10km torps instead of the normal 8km.
They are still just a nice gimmik and are very meeeeeeh.
Modulewise you should def. go with the reload on the main batteries in the last slot.

You are a knife fighter and cap contester. At the beginning i had "trouble" with the Daring because she is very tall and has 6km concealment which is not always great compared to the 5.7 of the Jutland.
Tips and advices are imo. difficult because everyone has his own playstyle.
You use your smoke mostly to deal damage in this short period of time, but it can be usefull sometimes for defense.
If there are DD's you should search for them and prowoke the fight. If it is not a Harugumo you will very likely kill them. If they are showing broadside you load your AP and give them 3k-4k Volleys. Even a Kleber and Khaba can just eat dirt at close ranges.
This does not mean you are useless at long ranges. The Arcs from the Jutland and Daring are the worst ingame, but you get used to it pretty fast when you are playing them a little bit, since you got heal you can survive many things a normal DD couldn't.
My personal playstyle is: To go for the cap in the beginning and try to capture it. After that you simply watch the minimap and have awareness where you can annoy the enemy pretty heavily. When two BB's are fighting each other don't smoke up, just open fire and load salvo for salvo into this BB. Dodge incomming shells if needed trough glorious Royal Navy acceleration. If there should be too much enemys have an eye on you just smoke up and try to loose their atention.
And there are also the torpedos i mentioned. You can single launch them if an enemy battleship for example comes bow on to your smoke or (what i do mostly) launch them on cooldown to enemy that might could get hit by them.

Legend, thanks! :cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,872 posts
12,542 battles
8 hours ago, Duecut said:

everywhere says you've got to have IFHE with the Jutland and Daring, but the only thing I see IFHE doing is causing damaging to cruisers and BBs (superstructure) and I usually get more damage from setting a fire.

113mm guns by default have 18mm penetration, that is sufficient only for Neptune/Minotaur hulls, Colbert/Smolensk bow and stern as well generic cruiser and DD superstructure. IFHE extends that to 24mm, which enables you to touch 19mm plating used on BB superstructure and more importantly, DD hulls.

 

You can live without IFHE just fine, relying on AP and fires. But the moment you have bow/aft on DD, your options are suddenly limited when it comes to dealing with said DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
35 posts

In my Experience, Darin is one of worst on his level...DPM good, but in Tier X realities, Daring sucks because of his slow speed and big hull... i just dont get this playstyle, in most cases, you cant play lone wolf, because of CVs and Radar. But lemmingtrain is also not best option. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,118 posts

Each time I use some boost in my dds (whenever I play them) I find to curse and wish I had more reload juice. Take reload man. You try to avoid engagements but they find you, you want provoke something again it is needed. I always cheapen out and then go back and spend dubs to take reload boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EJDER]
Players
448 posts
On 10/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, Panocek said:

113mm guns by default have 18mm penetration, 

Pano are you sure? I know that it can pen 19mm now. Cuz above 18.5mm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
184 posts
18,748 battles
On 10/11/2019 at 10:42 PM, Duecut said:

I've been having allot of trouble with the Daring, Jutland I couldn't get to grips with radar cruisers, but the Daring I just couldn't even manage without Radar cruisers in the match.

 

Anyway after watching some of Flamu's youtube video's I think I've managed a few games reasonably well. To translate "Well" I've cause damage, sunk ships and capped objectives (so I'm happier)

 

Anyway to the help that I need. With all the other ships I use the wiki page for commander recommendations, but for some reason these recommendations don't exist for the Daring. 

 

So the image shows what I currently have, for all you daring players out there what would you recommend?

 

 

Daring Comander.png

Take Radio Location after CE. Due to the rework of IFHE, you no longer need it anymore for the tier IX and X RN DD’s. 
 

Get used to its slow speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles

October 2019 guys. its one of "those" topics. So you dont have to point out IFHE - back then it was a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
838 posts
3,978 battles
42 minutes ago, pif_paf_yoyoyo said:

In my Experience, Darin is one of worst on his level...DPM good, but in Tier X realities, Daring sucks because of his slow speed and big hull... i just dont get this playstyle, in most cases, you cant play lone wolf, because of CVs and Radar. But lemmingtrain is also not best option. 

As for CV, the Daring is one of the least affected DDs with that huge amount of short smokes to bail you out.
The speed can be an issue, but mostly just in those cases where you stick around in your smoke a bit too long against a heavier ship that wants to run you down.
If you for instance have your torps on cooldown and you see a GK or cruiser at 7kms heading for you, you bail that smoke asap.
Daring smokes are for "getting out of jail free" and do some chip damage where you can, not for farming damage undetected.
Daring is also deadly to most DDs in a 1v1, so play her accordingly and try to wreste for cap control when you can against the enemy DD, using your hydro to stay torp safe and your smoke to break contact if things go south.


She is not a torpedo boat primarily, but fantastic at fighting for cap control.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
419 posts
22,093 battles
22 minutes ago, pif_paf_yoyoyo said:

So guys, what do you think, have last 4 skill points for free, RPF or SI and then something for 1 point ? What would you prefer ?

1. PT

2. AR, LS

3. SE, SI

4. RPF, CE

SI is offering one more HEAL :)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
35 posts
1 minute ago, Max_Kammerer said:

1. PT

2. AR, LS

3. SE, SI

4. RPF, CE

SI is offering one more HEAL :)

This is my previous build... but i was really unsucsessfull @this... WR about 47 and decreasing (

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,872 posts
12,542 battles
53 minutes ago, Gong_ER said:

Pano are you sure? I know that it can pen 19mm now. Cuz above 18.5mm?

And have you checked date of the post?:cap_tea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,872 posts
12,542 battles
1 minute ago, Gong_ER said:

what post?

The one you quoted in first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
419 posts
22,093 battles
11 minutes ago, pif_paf_yoyoyo said:

This is my previous build... but i was really unsucsessfull @this... WR about 47 and decreasing (

It is not problem of build, I tried several builds and this one seems to be the best - BUT it is IMHO very personal thing :)

PS: I prefer Jutland :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,872 posts
12,542 battles
12 minutes ago, Max_Kammerer said:

PS: I prefer Jutland :)

Kinda this. While Daring can be extraordinary tool for colonizing on sight, very unforgiving and outright unfun nature of T10 only games means Jutland is simply more fun.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×