Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LiveWire___

Ranked sprint rank 3+

10 comments in this topic

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,829 battles

So, here I am. Rank 3. The toughest rank for me. Where you know you've got to win at least 3x matches straight to get to rank 1.

I never seem to manage it in one sitting.

It seems pot luck as to whether you get teamed up with other players whom you can really work with; if not, you're stuck.

I try to pace myself. Win a couple of matches. Take a breather. Do some Ranked matches. Come back. Lose a star. Flash. Try again. Lose another star. Throw hands up in annoyance, log off. Try again the next day. Rinse, repeat.

Does anyone else struggle for that last big push? If so, is anyone aware of a better way to manage it? Any tips?

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

not played ranked recently but ranked out in many other seasoins.

Just play to your best abilities so you can reasonably save stars on a lose.

The rest is patience. If you are playing good enough you will reach rank 1 eventually.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,976 posts
11,665 battles

Ranked sprint is easy mode mate, you think this is hard I'd hate to think of your struggle with proper ranked. What makes the last few ranks the hardest is the fact you see the end in sight and it might make you a little impatient...When you start worrying about finishing more it puts more pressure on you in games and may just affect your performance.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,842 posts
11,612 battles
3 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Ranked sprint is easy mode mate, you think this is hard I'd hate to think of your struggle with proper ranked. What makes the last few ranks the hardest is the fact you see the end in sight and it might make you a little impatient...When you start worrying about finishing more it puts more pressure on you in games and may just affect your performance.

Yes that, and 5 of your teammates deliberately want to sabotage your game so they can be top xp and keep the star

• Cool 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,829 battles
1 hour ago, Shaka_D said:

I don't necessarily think its hard. I don't really struggle all that much reaching rank 3. I reached Rank 1 in the last two sprints. But, as in this one, getting past rank 3 was tough.

And I wonder if the 10k coal is worth it? 

• Cool 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,829 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

Yes that, and 5 of your teammates deliberately want to sabotage your game so they can be top xp and keep the star

That's the bit I struggle with!

Players
1,442 posts
6,775 battles

I made modest goals for a day. Like progressing one rank. Also, if it is really, hard then progress only one star a day. That way you don't get overly exthaused.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,405 posts
15,412 battles

Hi all,

On 10/11/2019 at 4:05 PM, Thundercracker_3 said:

So, here I am. Rank 3. The toughest rank for me. Where you know you've got to win at least 3x matches straight to get to rank 1.

I never seem to manage it in one sitting.

It seems pot luck as to whether you get teamed up with other players whom you can really work with; if not, you're stuck.

I try to pace myself. Win a couple of matches. Take a breather. Do some Ranked matches. Come back. Lose a star. Flash. Try again. Lose another star. Throw hands up in annoyance, log off. Try again the next day. Rinse, repeat.

Does anyone else struggle for that last big push? If so, is anyone aware of a better way to manage it? Any tips?

I was in exact same position as you... got stuck at #3 since last weekend and was unable to move forward... :Smile-angry:

Due to work and family obligations I was unable to play the last "Ranked Sprint" when it started so it meant that I have to play each and every game alone because nobody from my Clan was available when I played (late at night on weekdays and early in the morning on weekends)... :Smile_sad:

I somehow managed to reach Rank #1 this Sunday (i.e. last day) when I was finally able to play during the day (alone again) but it was struggle and like going to the dentist... it was just terribad... :Smile_facepalm:

The teams were bad as never before (especially the case when your team has you above 50% WinRate and just 1 other player with similar stats - the rest would be 30%-40% WinRate players without any knowledge or experience... yes... I would usually keep the star in defeat but when your team has 1-2-3 players with just 100-200 BaseXP after battle you now how bad it is)... :Smile_facepalm:

In any case this was most certainly one of the worst (if not the worst) "Ranked Sprint" player wise... dear Lord... :Smile_izmena:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

Players
930 posts
13,270 battles
5 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I was in exact same position as you... got stuck at #3 since last weekend and was unable to move forward... :Smile-angry:

Due to work and family obligations I was unable to play the last "Ranked Sprint" when it started so it meant that I have to play each and every game alone because nobody from my Clan was available when I played (late at night on weekdays and early in the morning on weekends)... :Smile_sad:

I somehow managed to reach Rank #1 this Sunday (i.e. last day) when I was finally able to play during the day (alone again) but it was struggle and like going to the dentist... it was just terribad... :Smile_facepalm:

The teams were bad as never before (especially the case when your team has you above 50% WinRate and just 1 other player with similar stats - the rest would be 30%-40% WinRate players without any knowledge or experience... yes... I would usually keep the star in defeat but when your team has 1-2-3 players with just 100-200 BaseXP after battle you now how bad it is)... :Smile_facepalm:

In any case this was most certainly one of the worst (if not the worst) "Ranked Sprint" player wise... dear Lord... :Smile_izmena:

Leo "Apollo11"

You must have been up and down like the Assyrian Empire.

Players
629 posts
4,949 battles
9 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

this. so this.  so excruciating this time around.  I ended up getting a good string of teams around 0600-0800.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this